• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum Ride

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
Don't be scared of the big hills Pedro, The reason you should go is to celebrate my birthday with some of that fancy dancin' i heard so much about. I am sure Doof would dance with you if you are worried about having a partner.

Stanely,

Let 'em Be scared be very scared.. Flatlanders just don't get it.

So far it looks like my dance has payed off..:beer;:beer;

I
Nov 26, 2007
Eureka forum ride a few years back...bonus points to anyone who can name the forum member who was 86'd from the bar.

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
Damn it looks like I'm gonna miss another one, My hawk is in montana and I fly out on wednesday to ride there for a week. But I swear that sooner or later I'm gonna get ICR to ride my hawk!!!!!!!

I
Nov 26, 2007
Anyone from fairbanks who's going to the forum ride in valdez have room for one more? I can find my own place to stay once we're there, I just need a ride for me and my sled. I'll pay my share of gas and bring cookies! Please let me know asap so I can start acting sick at work to build a cover story for my absence.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks
Is anybody interested in avalanche awareness class while in Valdez?

I wouldnt mind learning how to dig a pit, and reading it if we get a chance. I was going to try to set something up with Sarah Carter, and Mike and Jennifer when we were down there for the Hillclimbs, but the sooner the better. I hope everyone brings avy gear with you to Valdez, maybe we can do some beacon practice.

Mike will be most likely unavailable but I will contact Sarah. I realize that people are going to Valdez to ride but if the weather is bad, than we should definitely practice with beacons....
Here is Midge907's quote, he and his group took a class this fall: ....and were able to do some good hands on work. We even found out that two beacons were defective, and that alone may have saved lives.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Looks like my crew will have to wus out...One totaled sled, one waiting on parts (chain case & A-arms), one has to work and my witch doctor (Chiropractor) said I have to finish paying his kid's way through college:rolleyes: I cant hardly move...Stinks getting old. I am packed and ready to go:(
Have fun down there and be safe:beer

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
OK.

Those of you coming down on Thursday night. It sounds like we can meet at Ernesto's. Dash what time?

For everyone else I would say to meet at Totem's Bar in the back around 8pm? I will give out my Cell # if you PM me..

I hope to ride the whole weekend, however my wife is due any day, so it might change.. Although she is cool with me going if I bring the SAT phone.

FYI some riders came down from Anchorage and found out we clutch dif. here so bring spare parts..

See you all very soon.

Also I am checking to see if anyone is stopping by Anch arctic cat? I have a spring there. Let me know. Thanks

Spook:beer;:beer;

Last edited:
I will be there Thur evening. THe class is on Friday, so I think it would be better to meet on Thur at TOtem's since some people might be pulling in late, and for those who will arrive to Valdez on Friday, we will be at Ernestos from 7-9.
Whooo hoooo, I can't wait, I am sure I will be waking up all night from being so excited!!!!!

M
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks
Any plans for after the avy class on Friday night, we probally wont roll into Valdez until after 7, I suppose we could go to Ernestos after we get all checked in. Whats the plans for Saturday morning??? Spook could you pm your cell # to me. later

Premium Features