• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Colorado Forum Ride 2012: Place and dates set

I always get be careful, have fun and give me a call when you get out. She does miss the coffee and a chocolate in bed every morning though. Diz nailed it. Happy wife=Happy Life...:face-icon-small-coo

Its "YES DEAR" the entire off season....a simple equation really

happy wife = happy life

Sledding is the only thing I do without my family...So being gone 50-60 days in the winter doesn't seem like much. Once the sleds are away its all family time and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Man. I do the same sh*t. I don't do anything for myself during the summer months at all. Remodel the house, yard work, take the kids out on ATVs and camp with the family during the Summer. I do hunt in September, and I take Parker often but once Archery is over, it's back home for two or three months (depending on snowfall on that) until it's time to ride. In all honesty, I should sell my dirtbike because I ride it twice a year. But during the sledding season I have the luxury of being able to come home after each ride and hang with the kiddos. I don't drink and I don't go to the bar so I reallt don't know what her beef is. She hates my sled. I even bought her one she could come sometimes, but that was a waste of cash. So, yeah, you have a bad azz wife. You truly are lucky.

She hates my sled. I even bought her one she could come sometimes, but that was a waste of cash.

Makes perfect sense:face-icon-small-con

If you want to keep her happy...sell the sled and let her get/do whatever she wants with the $$$. Does she spend dollar for dollar what you do on your sledding on her stuff/interests? That usually keeps them content.

That and keep them smiling in the sheets...even Sunday night after a long weekend and you can barely walk.....suffer thru it :becky:

You bought her a sled to go riding with you.....Uh OK we all know you wanted a backup sled and used that to justify it. If I can see through it I am sure your spouse can. Your right.....I don't see why she hates snowmobiling:face-icon-small-dis You bought her something she didn't want...and then expect her to be gratetful..........

You bought her a sled to go riding with you.....Uh OK we all know you wanted a backup sled and used that to justify it. If I can see through it I am sure your spouse can. Your right.....I don't see why she hates snowmobiling:face-icon-small-dis You bought her something she didn't want...and then expect her to be gratetful..........

Dude. It's a stock 2001 Summit 700. Not much of a back-up sled. It was an attempt to get her into something that I enjoy so we can go together. I don't ever ride it. It's PJ's now. Just gotta make a governor or some type of Rev limiter for it.

Makes perfect sense:face-icon-small-con

If you want to keep her happy...sell the sled and let her get/do whatever she wants with the $$$. Does she spend dollar for dollar what you do on your sledding on her stuff/interests? That usually keeps them content.

She does alot of quilting, scrapbooking and this new thing called stamping, but I don't think her mechanical letter maker cost $8000.

That and keep them smiling in the sheets...even Sunday night after a long weekend and you can barely walk.....suffer thru it :becky:

Trust me, being tired ain't the problem. I could do that half dead. It's her being tired.

Believe me, if I could find the answer, I'd apply it.

Dude. It's a stock 2001 Summit 700. Not much of a back-up sled. It was an attempt to get her into something that I enjoy so we can go together. I don't ever ride it. It's PJ's now. Just gotta make a governor or some type of Rev limiter for it.

That could be part of the problem. You bought yourself a nice sled and then trash on the o.e you bought for you wife.

I asked my wife if she wanted a four wheeler, She said no I want a new dishwasher.....guess what I bought.......A dishwasher.

I didnt know she meant I was the dishwasher :becky:

That's funny.

That could be part of the problem. You bought yourself a nice sled and then trash on the o.e you bought for you wife.

It's not trash. It's in awesome shape and looks damn near new, cept it's yellow and we know what yellow does. It's not just the sled that I'd ride. She'd be a beginner for sure so getting her an 800 wouldn't be the best choice. I let her ride mine (pre boost) when I took the kids up last year on the Gore and it scared the hell outta her.

She wanted to ride ATVs, so we have two.
She wanted to try archery, she has a nice PSE bow that hasn't been shot in two years
She has wanted to ride sleds at different times, so She has had a 1999 Summit 600 (sold when she wanted an ATV)
a 2005 REV 800 (sold when I got laid off)
and now the 2001 Summit 700.

It really isn't for a lack of trying. I do ALL of the work on the cars, I have remodeled two rooms downstairs (major work), landscape and yard work constantly, I try to cook since I get home before her (not the best cook but getting better) I really don't do much recreation for myself in the Summer. When I practice archery, I do it in the back yard and not travel to the range. You can bet I'll be home any given weekend during the summer months. So, back to the not having an answer thing...

As for hobbies, she's got three boys who like hunting, fishing, ATVs and dirtbikes. It's just a game that I gotta figure out.

I'm sorry...did I miss something here...I clicked on this thread to read about the FORUM ride and not PJ's awesome wife...

Please re-direct me to where we are talking about sledding please...

Maybe we are going about this all wrong. Maybe pick 2 weekends and some folks hit the first, some hit the second and Some will hit both. This is really getting over planned. If you said...Muddy creek next Friday at 8. People could make all their own arrangements.

Every weekend we ride is like a forum ride. That where most of us met. Sometime when things get too complicated it can take the fun out of it.

You guys are gonna have to get PJ medicated...that might cheer him up:face-icon-small-win

goin thru the big D and i dont mean dallas:kev:

Cheaper to keep her. I do care, just trying to find a way to make all happy.

Thats one way to fix the problem, may not have much money left for sledding though:face-icon-small-sho

Yep, and losing my boys. Not gonna do it.

I'm sorry...did I miss something here...I clicked on this thread to read about the FORUM ride and not PJ's awesome wife...
Please re-direct me to where we are talking about sledding please...

Sorry, big fella. Got sidetracked. You and Dizz took the good ones I guess.

Maybe we are going about this all wrong. Maybe pick 2 weekends and some folks hit the first, some hit the second and Some will hit both. This is really getting over planned. If you said...Muddy creek next Friday at 8. People could make all their own arrangements.

Every weekend we ride is like a forum ride. That where most of us met. Sometime when things get too complicated it can take the fun out of it.

You guys are gonna have to get PJ medicated...that might cheer him up:face-icon-small-win

You are right. But part of the fun was having a benefit raffle to raise money for a "right to ride" group. And medication doesn't work, tried that.

Premium Features

Back