• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutching

Just ride it! It might be a performer out of the gate and everything you need.

I never can understand why people are so quick to mod their new sleds without giving them a proper shakedown. This isn't 20 years ago...
Cat used to have pretty decent stock clutching. The clutching in the 600 catalyst last season was junk though. Hopefully the 858s are closer.

Weird, sorry to hear that, a few guys with the 850 turbos and 2 9r's claimed a few mph track speed gain and unreal throttle response all the time. They did have for the boost a bad helix from machining or something happen so they swapped them out, not sure if that was for the 9r as well.
Yeah it’s sitting in the fancy case they come in.

The roller bearing and primary spring washer stayed in the sled though.

We ride low elevation Alaska.

I’m guessing they haven’t tested here…..

Yeah it’s sitting in the fancy case they come in.

The roller bearing and primary spring washer stayed in the sled though.

We ride low elevation Alaska.

I’m guessing they haven’t tested here…..

If they want to sell it, and price is good. I may know a guy lol...

did they ever try and reach out to them ibexx guys? they're usually really good.

from what little I know, a lot of ibexx stuff I think is 5k+ ft. I have one of their T-kits on my 800 cat and being that I am 4-7k feet it changed a few things as they target 6k+ on it but in the end it's all good and I was able to help make some changes.

I’d wait and see how it runs once the break in period is over. Too few of these sleds around last season for anyone to have a good clutch kit yet.

I had mds for my adapt, they didn't work. They would cause the belt to be engaged at idle. I emailed mds and they said it must have been my clutch. Well my buddy also had an adapt and same issue with his.

I think the weights fit the very first rendition of the adapt. But nothing after A. I've got a D and he had a E. And I'd start the sled and it would start driving across the floor lol.

I spent some time machining them to clear and work. But I don't think I can get them to be heavy enough with out having the fasteners hit the webbing in the movable and causing the same issue with lurching at idle. Went to dalton instead. Just paper weights now.

I had mds for my adapt, they didn't work. They would cause the belt to be engaged at idle. I emailed mds and they said it must have been my clutch. Well my buddy also had an adapt and same issue with his.

I think the weights fit the very first rendition of the adapt. But nothing after A. I've got a D and he had a E. And I'd start the sled and it would start driving across the floor lol.

I spent some time machining them to clear and work. But I don't think I can get them to be heavy enough with out having the fasteners hit the webbing in the movable and causing the same issue with lurching at idle. Went to dalton instead. Just paper weights now.
MDS selling snake oil?

So no change since 2011 then.

PAR turned into MDS

No change.

I've used mds on the set screw style cat and the team and liked them. I was hoping they would work on the adapt but with my engine making more power than stock. I don't think I can load then heavy enough without an issue. I can literally only use set screws to provide the weight. So I'm limited at about 3g per hole. I may try them this season. But I'm going to most likely stick to dalton or the new style t weight from cat. I like the profile and heavy heel. I have port work done and a lot of low end. So heel Is great.

I attached a normal mds vs modified. Took a long time on a bridge port to get these to fit right and all be the same weight.

Attachments

• 20230729_110242.jpg
    20230729_110242.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230729_141456.jpg
    20230729_141456.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 8
Premium Features

Back