• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Recall - New Clutch Cover!!

What I want to know is, what are you driving that only gets 6mpg? Seriously though, the dealer installed bit sucks. Especially considering how far apart Cat's dealers are now.

I've been with some poor schmucks that don't even carry spare belts.
Lets put it together... 150 miles one way so 300 miles per visit so, 600 miles total - so easy $200.00 in diesel . Do the math, and that is being very conservative @ 20 mpg.. Lots of hills to climb here at 8,000'

I did find out from another guy-that had his done recently-and took the sled back to the dealer with the shield removed that he had previously installed, dealer didn't care as it was documented that the shield was installed. He told me he used silicone & push darts to cover the holes, from the predrilled brackets. The stock belt guard is still being used in the install so it is retained.

The pic below was when he got the shield installed, and he said dealer told him an adapt is the replacement primary-and not like the ones on the 858..

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back