• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutching the P-22 Boost

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Tony, Curious are you seeing the same issues on current P 22’s?

For my own knowledge, I was researching just on the web how to gain the same bottom end snappiness that my 850 with Boondocker high energy weights has for my upcoming 2025’ boost. I know the 24s have much more bottom end snappiness. For my own knowledge gain, I wanted someone to give a practical, logical explanation as to why a 850 turbo sled cannot have the same bottom end snappiness as my 850 and then have the turbo hit to provide top end power.

I know there’s a reason, but I need someone to draw me pictures on the whiteboard😂😂
Takes a lot of balls to make yourself look this dumb on a forum lol Do you know what a turbo is and how it works? I would start your research there...

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Part of the problem with the Polaris Boost is the reed in the air box. It leaks, it can’t get up on boost quick or for that matter hold boost. When you chop the throttle it’s gone.
That’s why we built the replacement. It completely seals under a pound of boost.
Clutching plays a part here as well. If it’s lazy the engine/exhaust is slow to spool the turbo. The Polaris wastegate design works pretty well outside of it slows or stops the turbo from spinning. That turbo “catchup time” when you get back in the throttle under low boost is a factor as well.
A Garrett spins on forever, the stock turbo doesn’t.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Part of the problem with the Polaris Boost is the reed in the air box. It leaks, it can’t get up on boost quick or for that matter hold boost.
That’s why we built the replacement. It completely seals under a pound of boost.
Clutching plays a part here as well. If it’s lazy the engine/exhaust is slow to spool the turbo. The Polaris wastegate design works pretty well outside of it slows or stops the turbo from spinning. That turbo “catchup time” when you get back in the throttle under low boost is a factor as well.
A Garrett spins on forever, the stock turbo doesn’t.
Thanks Tony, that makes sense and I truly do understand how a turbo works. It’s more one of those things like you mention with your product, that there has to be someway to get around this Polaris design “issue”, or what some might call it, “flaw”. Now I’ve only spent a short amount of time on a boost and I have Snow checked a boost and sure you could say that I am worried about a problem that I don’t have yet, but I’m more learning.

I’m Really curious to hear real world feedback from guys on your product.

Chad says I’m making a bigger deal out of this than it is, but he also knows me well enough that I love the tech side of the sport as much as riding😎🤪

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Takes a lot of balls to make yourself look this dumb on a forum lol
What???
I question the knowledge you have brought to this forum besides insults and portraying a demagogue.
I can’t believe how you treat our SW brothers and sisters on this forum.
You alone, have driven away individuals from this forum that have shared unquestionable knowledge.
Good job.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
What???
I question the knowledge you have brought to this forum besides insults and portraying a demagogue.
I can’t believe how you treat our SW brothers and sisters on this forum.
You alone, have driven away individuals from this forum that have shared unquestionable knowledge.
Good job.
I'm here just to make you look good. 😏

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
This site is still very helpful. Still tons of great info. It’s too bad people don’t see that Chad is just talking sh**t. The comment on this thread to Rbalaz is a joke. Those two are friends. Imo guys are getting offended WAY too easily. I personally love the joking back and forth with the good information mixed in. I think most people need thicker skin and could lighten up a little.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
This site is still very helpful. Still tons of great info. It’s too bad people don’t see that Chad is just talking sh**t. The comment on this thread to Rbalaz is a joke. Those two are friends. Imo guys are getting offended WAY too easily. I personally love the joking back and forth with the good information mixed in. I think most people need thicker skin and could lighten up a little.
Yup! Let me and Chilly to fight🤣

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
This is all my fault. I came here looking for calibration recommendations on my P-22. I loaned out my P-85 with my TRS recommended clutching calibration. My intention was to post video of the P-22 going in the trash can where it belongs. I ended up letting my friend keep it after he was so happy. After being a bad captain and blowing a main in the boat, I was too poor to buy another one. I was stuck with the P-22. True story.

Instead, I psyop’d Chilly and it appears he took the bait bigtime. I couldn’t release the hook in time. I am sorry everyone. I am a bad mentor.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
This is all my fault. I came here looking for calibration recommendations on my P-22. I loaned out my P-85 with my TRS recommended clutching calibration. My intention was to post video of the P-22 going in the trash can where it belongs. I ended up letting my friend keep it after he was so happy. After being a bad captain and blowing a main in the boat, I was too poor to buy another one. I was stuck with the P-22. True story.

Instead, I psyop’d Chilly and it appears he took the bait bigtime. I couldn’t release the hook in time. I am sorry everyone. I am a bad mentor.
And you got my friend banned 😩😂

Side note! I finally decided to go get x-rays today on my finger and I found out that it is for sure broken in one place possibly two and the bone is slightly displaced. I am meeting with a hand surgeon to look at it further on Friday and we’ll see what happens from there. 🤦🏻‍♂️

IMG_4330.jpegIMG_4329.jpeg

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Snowest should send out an all member email announcing Chilly has been banned. Then we can measure and analyze the metrics of site hits and compare.
He really was banned? I found him harmless. One thing I've learned over the years is that often a person's online "persona" is nothing like what they really are like once you meet them. My goodness, if he really bothered you that much, just ignore him

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
He really was banned? I found him harmless. One thing I've learned over the years is that often a person's online "persona" is nothing like what they really are like once you meet them. My goodness, if he really bothered you that much, just ignore him
Exactly, he will be back. Exactly, he will be back. He’s only banned until till 7:29 this morning. It was a little slap on the hand😂

People that don’t know Chad in real life really get fired up. I suppose so even get fired up in real life but once you know Chad, you know how he is and he’s a good dude.

blindman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Exactly, he will be back. Exactly, he will be back. He’s only banned until till 7:29 this morning. It was a little slap on the hand😂

People that don’t know Chad in real life really get fired up. I suppose so even get fired up in real life but once you know Chad, you know how he is and he’s a good dude.
LMAO what a *****, I've been banned at least 5 times and came back with aliases. Looks like the {all in fun} Chumpster is like.... do as I say not what I do kinda guy. OH and if it ever comes to it I can remark on his golden rocket start {opposite of golden parachute} in his his {self made} buisness. LMAO And yes Chad is a good guy. Summers coming he should get back on the wakeboard. He is good at it. XOXO

Premium Features