• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Climate change

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK

This is a good example of how secure a rail is, this BS derailment is highly suspicious. How many tons does an engine weigh just for starters?
This **** that is happening is so obvious yet there appears to be that the majority is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Trains don't just fall off a track.

Reactions: wyox

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
This is a good example of how secure a rail is, this BS derailment is highly suspicious. How many tons does an engine weigh just for starters?
This **** that is happening is so obvious yet there appears to be that the majority is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Trains don't just fall off a track.

Just b/c it is making the news currently, doesn't make it a new phenomenon.

Train derailments are quite common in the U.S. The Department of Transportations' Federal Railroad Administration has reported an average of 1,475 train derailments per year between 2005-2021.

Not surprising. IDK how many cars were in the Palestine accident, but the one a cpl weeks later they said had over 200 cars.
Well maybe that's the problem?
Historically - anytime I ever counted cars, they never seemed to git too far past 100, now their double that?

Reactions: Hawkster

IDspud

forum potato expert
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Trains do derail very easily. I ship spuds and grain by rail. Very common cause of delay.

You’re drinking the koolaid on this one hawk.

I already told you my personal experience with a three train collision in Erie PA in 1995.

Trains do just fall off a track when conditions aren’t right.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Your right :) my Kool aid can be tainted at times :)
I would compare the problem trains are having is no different when they where running off of wood and coal.
Same wheels same tracks basically .

Than you have farm equipment that does it's job unmanned.

For some reason the owners don't do a darn thing, you know like Gates little buddy that has been gobbling up rail lines and basically owns the rail system at both borders.

Then there's Gates purchasing land, another conversation.

There's a huge disconnect between rails and farm equipment could be argued who came first. The chicken or egg.

When I was a kid one threw a bearing and there was no one that knew at the time but me out along a farm field.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
While every one is standing around with their thumb up their ass making funnies about the geese.

Why bother that's what insurance is for right?

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
While every one is standing around with their thumb up their ass making funnies about the geese.

Why bother that's what insurance is for right?
Well, those are typically for liquid - mostly sewage.

So - I'm guessing that Q is saying that this is a conspiracy to spike the commodities markets?

Ag has vacuum units as well tho.

Prolly need to run back through a screen auger afterwards to git the dirt out.
Not sure the process for stones tho?
May have to just eyeball it all quickly....
I think that typically - food processors run their grain through a water/float pool to sort that stuff out?
Not gunna happen if you are grinding it up for hog feed tho.

I had a 100 bushel wagon of wheat that I was storing for the summer, get rejected at the elevator when I was a kid for mouse Schidt. Me and my grandparents sorted it all by hand and took it back and it was OK. I had a screen auger at the time, but I doubt that wheat works will with that? Mouse Shiite wouldn't be much smaller...

Internet pic:

1679755247851.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkster
Premium Features