• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Butte Meadows/ Jonesville

H
Nov 27, 2007
thy are going to try to blow the road to the park tomorrow. the county has had the blower tring to keep the main road open. all there graders where broke down.

M
Nov 27, 2007
Bend, OR
Thanks Hillslider - I was debating a Tuesday or Wednesday ride - lotta wind here in Sac today, going to wait another day. Hoping for some people up there on Wednesday - hate riding alone.

Mike

Anybody up there going to the Bucks Lake Poker Run on Saturday?

Last edited:
M
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson,CA
crying.gif

Waaaa I wanna go. I gotta work! Waaaah!

I'd like to steal away too Mike. Maybe weds. 1/2 day, we'll see how today goes.

M
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson,CA
Sorry Mike, disregard the last statement. Just remembered that I have Dr appt with wife weds afternoon and a meeting with accountant directly after, not to mention BMHS that night. Oh well.

andre162

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2008
northern california
Should have came to B.C.

hay gore, you should have came to B.C. and rode with the "big boys". Mean Gene said that you would'nt have been able to keep up.. South County OUT:beer;

M
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson,CA
Keep up! Bah.

You guys have got to understand the difference between "inability" and "ambivolence". See if I cared enough, I would try harder. By trying harder, I'd be better. By being better, I'd be looked up to (as a God, Icon, master Jedi, what have you). I being the ubiquitous presence in the back of your minds, as I should be, am aware of all of these things. I hope you realize what a mounting hill of responsibility this is.

You all being handicapped ('scuse me Handicapable) with fragile psyches and living in a zip code that ends in quatro ocho, I walk a thin line trying to balance between the sheer joy, for me, spanking you (like my soon to be born child) riding and the catastophic effect of so many shattered minds in one small area. What a sad picture, a parade of four door pick ups quietly lining up at 10 to 6 in the morning in front of the KC waiting for the lights to go on.:(

That said, I realize that the only way to keep the "wreathes of mourning" off of the front doors of Larkin is to remain the vigilent advocate of agriculture here in the great North Valley and allow those of you "Landed Gentry" to enjoy the bountiful natural resources of our friends in the great white north, eh? By maintaining the facade of timidity and inexperience I therefore allow those of you in "South County" the percieved aire of superiority. The bitter pill of reality's antidote is the heady elixir of self deception - mixed liberally with Cap'n.;)

Besides, do you really want your crotch rocket with a huffer strapped to the side shown up by my fat arse - with my aggressive reclined riding style and my 1200 Ski-Doo. My action is so fresh and new that it actually looks old school.
1969SKIDOOALPINE335CC_001.jpg

I'll see your turbo and raise you a double snow flap. Thats right I said double!!

You bastages, I'm jealous. I expect to see a video montage at the March Hillsliders meeting. Keep on the look out for "I dare ya' Rene", if you see him buy a couple of his "upside down" sledder shirts. Make mine XXXL :face-icon-small-blu

M
Nov 27, 2007
Bend, OR
Report - The road to Jonesville was 'manicured'. The parking lot as well. Other than Jim, I was the only one there. I let him get a head start on the grooming towards Humbug and I went to Humbolt, the road ends at the county line - it's a drop off down to Robbers Roost. Only saw 4 others all day. Saturday - off to Bucks Lake - Poker Run.

Mike

andre162

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2008
northern california
hay twintracks form the B.C. crew

Quit using all those big words!!!! Gene is haveing a hard time reading them form his bar stool. Your reply was almost as deep as the powder that we rode in today!!!!!!!! 15 FEET OF SNOW WITH 5 FEET OF POW POW

JAdams

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Gridley Ca.
Rode over to St. Bernards and they are not open for lunch. So off to Chester and ran in to Dog sled races. Had a great lunch at Culianary Arts Academy.
and back to Jonesville on a freshly groomed trail
Nice day great weather and great conditions. Got sun burned

JAdams

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Gridley Ca.
Yes I have they serve up a great Burger.

If you take the trail from Fanie meadows to Chester Run into Hwy 89 go right for Plumas pines go left to Chester and you run into Hwy 36 thats where the Culinary arts place is right next door to Chad's snowmobile/Motorcyle shop

M
Nov 27, 2007
Bend, OR
It should be a great one - I was up at the Bucks Lake Poker Run last weekend - about 300 or so riders, great breakfast at Bucks Lake Lodge, fantastic weather... The Butte Meadows Hillsliders Poker Run is March 8 - lotta fun.

Mike

M
Nov 27, 2007
Bend, OR
Rode Butte Meadows on Saturday with (Team SWECO) Brandon, Greg and Sharon, and Dusty. Just a little warm! Hills were pretty tracked up but there weren't a lot of people, must have been at Almanor.

Me and Dusty unloading - new Crossfire for Dusty
IMG_0764.jpg

Greg and Sharon on Manzanita Hill -

IMG_0771.jpg

Stump Hill - chewed up -

IMG_0778.jpg

Top of Stump Hill -

IMG_0781.jpg

M
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson,CA
Sorry Mike, still farming trees and remodeling nursery. Might try to get up on Sun. Have a cooking commitment on Saturday night for a large group. If anyone wants a steak & prawn dinner contact me and I put you in touch with some tickets. It a fundraiser for the CA women for Ag Sac Valley Chapter. Good times and a good cause.

Guess I ought to sell out, God knows I'm not riding enough. I think I have a robust 97 miles total this year!:eek::mad: Seems a shame to see two perfectly good sleds sit on a trailer in the shed everyday.

Don't forget, the Poker run on the 8th, I swear it'll happen this time:rolleyes:

Premium Features