• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Butte Meadows/ Jonesville

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
should be some decent snow for the PR! Got the 1200 running good this weekend at bassetts and should have the turbo back together too!

M
Nov 27, 2007
Bend, OR
I was up there Sunday thru Tuesday - snowed most of the time. There is about a foot of new at Butte Meadows and a couple of feet at the top. Nobody at the snopark yesterday(except a couple of guys in a Jeep doing donuts in the parking lot). The groomer went out at noon. It was snowing again when I left at 2:30.

ButteMeadows049.jpg

ButteMeadows053.jpg

ButteMeadows056.jpg

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
I was just going to post here for a snow report and it looks like I got it! Whats that, about 4-5 feet at the parking lot on the bathrooms? Looks great should be fun for the PR this saturday if the weather works out for us!

BTW if you guys see either a 1200 polaris tripple or a green polished vanamburg turbo cat come introduce yourselves!

M
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson,CA
I think your assesment is about right. The pictures of the summit (the locale)look to be in the 6-7 range, Should be an "adequate" amount for the poker run. Enjoy! We'll see you up the hill.

Once again, see the phone number in the above post if you have ?????????????

SJG

M
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson,CA
Just got home from Chester, thanks Chadd :face-icon-small-win. 18 degrees when I left but road are in good shape. Talked to Bill at the Outpost tonight and the County has done a great job of clearing the roads. Everyone in "town" (Butte Meadows) is expecting a good turnout so lets not disappoint.

If your on the Almanor side, roll to Fanani and you can join the Poker Run there. Holler back and lets get a roll call!

madmin is in first

G'night
SJG

M
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson,CA
POLICE-SIREN-ANIMATED.gif

Mike is right, I got a call from Tim this morning and have just got back to the house.

The Butte Meadows Hillsliders Poker Run has been POSTPONED!!!!

We are working on a one week postponement, CeCe thought that the 9th would be good, but that is the Buck's Lake Poker run and we're trying not to step on any toes.

If you all are disappointed, well me to, but in the interest of safety of folks coming up the hill in a storm - it was decided to postpone. We are trying to have a good run and many of you will rock the mountain in the face of a whiteout blizzard, but there are many that have smaller kids and more that are shall we say a more "fair weather" riders. Add to that with a large turnout we are parked just about everywhere snow removal equipment needs to travel.

Don't despire, I know that a change doesn't work for all of you, and for that I sorry, but we must keep the safety of folks the paramount concern at an organized club event. Would you play golf in a lightening storm? I know - it depends on the tee prizes:D

I will keep everyone as up to date as possible. If you all could spread the word, that would be a great help. Look at it this way, with another week to collect raffle prizes we can have an even bigger raffle, eh?

Once again, get a hold of me if you have any questions 530-624-3526 and I'll post here as soon as I know more.

SJG

BTW - It was beeeeeeautiful coming home from Chester last night. The moon is or is almost full.

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well said! I agree totally, for alot of us this type of riding is the best but for alot of people who attend this isnt a weekend they wanna go up in, should be that much better when the time rolls back around!

H
Nov 27, 2007
I was at the snow park on Saturday working on the groomer. Got a report of about 5 feet powder at manzanida hill. The big boys made it to snag lake turnoff and turned a round.

Last edited:
M
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson,CA
I'll vouch for the turn around at snag triangle. Although we had a begining rider with us, I know from a boner mover I made that to continue on would have been work. Couple that with lightly snowing to windy whiteout and flat light, I just figured I'd enjoy the tobagin run.

One of Withrow's mechanics (sorry my man, for the life of me I can't remember your name) passed us as we were on the way out and we never saw them until I saw the pick up pass through Butte Meadows. They might have a better report.

As far as Butte Meadows, Rain Rain Rain with occasional spit of sleet. I'd say a rained down two feet in Butte Meadows, an honest four to five at the parking lot in Jonesville and more on top. When we left last night it was flat getting with it on little summit so that is about half way between BM an Jones in elevation.

M
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson,CA
Good News,

Butte Meadows Hillsliders are, I say, are having a Poker Run. It will be March 8th. Thats a ways off but considering the chance for poor weather (according to forecasters) this weekend and the fact that other folks are having poker runs in the following weeks and the CNSA convention - it was decided to make it in March. That way we're not stepping on toes and we have a better chance for folks to help and make it up the mountain to participate.

Honestly, if we get hosed on this date, your all just gonna have to bet on when my wife is going to have our baby and I'll split the proceeds between the winner and the mini mooseknuckle college fund!:face-icon-small-hap We can also have a parlay for how many times she calls me a no good SOB for impregnating her with my demon seed. Of course this'll be a time sensitive bet (like roulette - all bets in!)

We've got a while but as always, you are welcome to participate, welcome to join or welcome to donate. Mark the date and we'll talk soon.

SJG

Premium Features