• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bury Me With My Sled Playhouse...Trinities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B
Nov 27, 2007
Wonder how long, before they kick us out of there?[/QUOTE] :DNEVER:D

Going on Sunday Wade so leave me some hills to tear up:p We need to hook up again for another ride I have found some more areas in the way back now but not sure if anybody can get there I heard that the snow still has not set up and it is deep.

L
Sep 24, 2003
Boise, ID
I will be up there either sat or sun I dunno which day.. maybe both.. Look for the Black Arctic Cats with Grizzly Sports logos on the side panels..

what will you guys be on?

C

concreteman

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
Wonder how long, before they kick us out of there?
:DNEVER:D

Going on Sunday Wade so leave me some hills to tear up:p We need to hook up again for another ride I have found some more areas in the way back now but not sure if anybody can get there I heard that the snow still has not set up and it is deep.[/QUOTE]

Looks like it will be a good time for us to break in shortcut on the boulder ridge:eek::eek::eek:

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Any info on the groomer? Did they get it fixed and what's with grooming everything down low before the weekends and the main trails less often? Thinking about either Saturday or Sunday, but if they got the groomer fixed and they are grooming Saturday night then it looks like Sunday for me.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
ha groom sproom...just back from beer/steak with the gang..trucks warming up out front we leave for the trinities in five hours. Hopefully tammy s called to say we were coming and they have the bar fully stocked. European Customer Appreciation Days hits the Trinities in a few short hours. The boys are having pretty good time so far..HOoters was totally lame so when we pass back through we are doing the torch!@ Hopefully they accept NorVeigen money!

Day 2 Planned for Rob to work..(done)...Hooters (done lame)...go karts (oops too much time at Hooters)...steak and beer at Kim B (done over done really over done) NO shopping for banana hammicks for the hottub (lucky) so we had to settle for Hooter shorts. (hopefully the hotel guests won't be too offended) GOOD DAY..NObody died.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
F-Bomb, saw your billboard parked in the lot. Try to get their before dark next time. :) Too bad I didn't get a chance to see you guys.

BMWMS, Checked out that backcountry area for you, yep it's deep, yep very few people have been back there, Sorry about the leaving you some, must have missed that part. Try not to fall in my trench. :)

The road was OK, that's because it had 4 inches of fresh on it. The snow was OK,4 to 12 inches of fresh. But, there's a very hard base underneath most of it. The sun came out several times. The parking lot was bulging with rigs, but at least the Trinities riders know how to park. Groomer didn't look like it had moved.

But, I had one of the best days of riding I ever had. We found BMWMS's secret powder stash, bottomless powder, not a single track. Carve, Carve, Carve. Even though everyone was at the Trinities, I didn't see any other sleds all day. I could hear someone on a 4 stroke though.

I talked to a couple people in the parking lot. You recognize my hunk of junk?
PB170231.JPG

Wade

Last edited:
W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Yha, I like playing with the TIG welder. I'm trying to figure how to build a Chrome Moly suspension for it. She starts on the fourth pull cold, and first pull warm. Runs all day, and is easy to handle. I'm having a hard time justifying a new sled. BarBCue optional.

W
Dec 28, 2004
Idaho
Nice riding with you two yesterday, BMWMS and Concreteman, we ride up there at least once a week so maybe we'll see you. I think a friday ride is in order this week. We might stay till Sunday......... Anyway, after we split off from you guys we came to another group of riders that said that one of the guys in their group just got out of an avi..... He was a guide in Colorado i guess but anyways, watch it up there. we dug a side hill pit to check and there were deffinately 2 layers of ice with pow. seperating them......Be careful up there everyone!

C

concreteman

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
Went up and road with Bmwms,had a good day used up all the fuel came back on empty,had a chance to ride with ( without a trace ) and two other guys from the forum.Sorry cant remember their names we will have to do it again sometime soon:D avy danger is very high bmwms and myself kept the hill climbs down to about zero we hit one or two small hills that we know are stable other than that mostly stayed in the trees.

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Wade,
I recognize your sled. I was in the black Dodge parked next to you on Saturday morning. You said hello when I was under the hood of that king cat messin with the n20 bottle.

I hope they quit grooming all together, the less they groom the more people will head somewhere else.

--Perk

PS I saw F-bomb and crew got in there late too, passed them as they were headed toward the lakes just after they crossed the creek. I think he had 15 riders and 5 Mohawk indians with him (judging by the dayglo, they were from the SW tribe down around yuma) ;)

Last edited:

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Hey gang, we are now in Oregon waiting for our guide to get here. Weather has been a bit of a challenge but the snow has been awesome so far. We've performed more death defying drives to and from riding then sled stunts.

Its really been an awesome time so far

Trinities was excellent. Mix of butta smooth trail, good weather at least on Saturday, no competition, and excellent snow made for a really fun time. Sorry about the hill carnage we left ya but 13 people can make a mess of an area in a hurry! Weird since we only saw about 10 sleds at the warming hut on the way in, 2 guys showed up at the creek on our way through, and then passed a large group at the ridge access too roaring after we had completely tore up everything. Parking lot was full and I wonder where everyone rides up there? No sleds had been in corrals or either sides of the creek. NICE!
Hard to imagine 13 riders can make any kind of progress but we only ended up with one minor cluster do to a sled hicup. NO GAS, no carnage, nobody died, and returned just at dark. Happy exhausted Europeans..goal accomplished.

Nesters was pretty nice, restaraunt was good and friendly, and the bar was fun. Great trip to the Trinities.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Wahooo Two days of the deepest lightest powder snow I've ever ridden in. Eastern Oregon is so killer right now...TOO MUCH SNOW if you can believe such a thing. We you get going you can't see and some of the time you couldn't BREATH! STUCK on the flats if you even remotely messed up or stopped with out going around twice. For two days we've battled to simply make it up a normally groomed trail. Big real deal mountain sleds with great riders and we've barely gone anywhere. AWESOME

The boys from Norway absolutely hit the snow conditions perfectly. Best we've had in years. We are having so much fun it's going to be tough to see them leave. Our Oregon guides Scott, Jay, Chris, Brandon, and Buck really treated us great these past couple of days. For our Oregon arm of this trip SPECIAL THANKS to Jay and Kelly Tanzey from High Country Power Sports for the awesome accomodations on this part of our trip. Roads continue to be our only hicup. What a blast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features