• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bury Me With My Sled Playhouse...Trinities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B
Nov 27, 2007
Day from Hell is the under statement:( Snow is great in Bear Valley still plenty of powder:) It has been a long long time since we had a day like yesterday booney crashing in the back country and getting so stuck. I forgot my camera to take some pics of what we had to do. Went down the canyon to no where with monster creeks that surrounded us at the bottom with no way in going back up and had to walk 670 summit up the mountain once we crossed one of the creeks because of the powder being so deep and the other side was slightly less than verticle:mad:. So just be warned in following my trail once you hit the summit going north into the woods because I know you won't like it:face-icon-small-ton
Still a bad day on the snow beats a great day at work:D

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
concreteman... I've rode the area you are talking about many times and your right... the trees get very thick in there. There is a rode that takes off from the summit that eventually ends up at Deadwood but there are some cool climbs up to Whitehawk Lookout... be careful though, they've been known to slide and I haven't been up on that road for 3-5 years.

Bear Valley is a boondockers paradise. Just don't tell anyone.

Last edited:
W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
and you wade?
yes I'm home too.
need more SNOW!!!

Recovering from yesterday. Old man like me gets tired leaving the trail. Don't worry, I stayed in sight of the trail always. Played in the burn all day. Some of those areas look like no one's been there this winter.

Extreme One, I could hear a turbo yammie every once in a while. I heard there where a lot of people in your group.

James / Fred, see I'm useful for something. I'm too chicken to go into places like that. You guys kill me, I'd sell my sled after a day like that. :) BTW, the regulator burned out again, must be something else wrong with it, that's causing it to burn out. Probably a losse wire somewhere. Oh well, it was worth a try.

C

concreteman

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
Recovering from yesterday. Old man like me gets tired leaving the trail. Don't worry, I stayed in sight of the trail always. Played in the burn all day. Some of those areas look like no one's been there this winter.

Extreme One, I could hear a turbo yammie every once in a while. I heard there where a lot of people in your group.

James / Fred, see I'm useful for something. I'm too chicken to go into places like that. You guys kill me, I'd sell my sled after a day like that. :) BTW, the regulator burned out again, must be something else wrong with it, that's causing it to burn out. Probably a losse wire somewhere. Oh well, it was worth a try.

Sorry to hear that the regulator burned out on you Wade.I think we should have given you that whole harness after all lol.

The funny thing about yesterday is that the whole day we spent trying to get out! James and i never said it out loud but i know we were both thinking it (MAN WE ARE IN A TIGHT SPOT) One of the other thoughts was hmmm tick toc tick toc.Ohh well all's well that ends well:D:D

C

concreteman

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
concreteman... I've rode the area you are talking about many times and your right... the trees get very thick in there. There is a rode that takes off from the summit that eventually ends up at Deadwood but there are some cool climbs up to Whitehawk Lookout... be careful though, they've been known to slide and I haven't been up on that road for 3-5 years.

Bear Valley is a boondockers paradise. Just don't tell anyone.

Thanks for the heads up Extrem-one.Yes that area can be amazing place to ride. This is our first year finding places to ride around white hawk area I suppose thats the price a guy has to pay to find and learn a new place to getaway from every one else.We had one group of guys that followed our tracks up to where we were taking a break first thing in the morning only about 1/2 mile off the trail, once they got a look at what we were in they decided they would take our advice and head back to the trail and head on up and play in the burn lol we should have done the same lol.

For us however the challenge is to try and find places that are hard to get to and not tracked up all in all we still found out some great info on the area :D:D:D:D

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Wade... It was just Me, Juli, Tammy, Alan and Jason. We didn't ride with the filming crew due to how many they had. We kept our group small enough we could explore, enough help when we needed it... but still small enough we could keep the pace up.

What's up with your regulator? Which sled?

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Wade... It was just Me, Juli, Tammy, Alan and Jason. We didn't ride with the filming crew due to how many they had. We kept our group small enough we could explore, enough help when we needed it... but still small enough we could keep the pace up.

What's up with your regulator? Which sled?

Old ZX burnt out it's second regulator. Seems that when it goes, it over voltages and blows the lights. Replacing the regulator fixed it for two rides, then puff. All started with the hand warmers burning up, and replacing them. This ride, the hand warmers where disconnected.

Last edited:
L
Sep 24, 2003
Boise, ID
On Sat we rode from Lowman to Stanely to stay for a couple of days.. That is a heck of a long trail ride.. wasn't to bad you could play some along they way.. The snow was better than I had expected, I was preprared for the worse.. It was a pretty good weekend with a couple minor hiccups.. Some freaking loser stole Abby's windshield Sat night while we were at the hotel.. I was shocked to see the Boss seat still on the sled.. and one of my friends was leading and didn't realize the trail ended at Bear Valley and wadded a sled up coming off the trail into the parking lot.. So if you know of anybody who has a M series hood let me know.. he is in the market.. :)

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
Day from Hell is the under statement:( Snow is great in Bear Valley still plenty of powder:) It has been a long long time since we had a day like yesterday booney crashing in the back country and getting so stuck. I forgot my camera to take some pics of what we had to do. Went down the canyon to no where with monster creeks that surrounded us at the bottom with no way in going back up and had to walk 670 summit up the mountain once we crossed one of the creeks because of the powder being so deep and the other side was slightly less than verticle:mad:. So just be warned in following my trail once you hit the summit going north into the woods because I know you won't like it:face-icon-small-ton
Still a bad day on the snow beats a great day at work:D

Sounds like a typical day with the bro in laws to me. :beer;:eek: Sorry I missed it, sounds like fun.

C

concreteman

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
This has nothing to do with the trinities but its sooooo funny:p:p
HPIM0426.jpg

S
Dec 5, 2007
Boise ID
thats cool that she is letting you out for one last ride. this winter has been way lame and I"m thinking about putting the wheels back on the bike.

nice stuck pix above MOCO... looked like SWIM was on his way down to touch... oops I mean "help" you. hahhaha. reminds me of a couple stories. :D ah good times!

last storm put down alot in utah. my brother was complaining about " being sore after a day long powder bought." he sucks. i vaguely remember what that feels like.

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
"Just a black Doo and a blue bike. All stock... just like 76FOMOCO's sled
Reply With Quote"
you have no proof that its stock:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features