• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bury Me With My Sled Playhouse...Trinities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

snoballssnoglory

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
Not Sacco but the other pilot in the group :)

We had a great time. Todd showed up and showed us around. Thought we might se 76FOMOCO up there too but we were the only ones. Spring riding for sure. Had a great show and tell though 125 miles...
Hopefully we will have some fresh the next couple of days to really set it up nice.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Bad timing. I went up today. The roads were terrible. Couldn't see anything, flat-flat light and snowing. Maybe 5 new inches. But, you could feel every track from the last 3 weeks. Definitely needs another 6 inches of new snow.

S
Jan 12, 2006
Meridian ID
Hey Sacco...........How was your ride in the Trinities?

It was a great first ride into a new area despite the lack of snow. Got to see alot of great country from the top that is due to spring conditions.

Nothing like doing 60-70 MPH down hill from a few of those tops.

I was suprised that it was 20 miles on the trail to get to the good area's. I would go to the upper parking lot next time.

Thanks again to Todd for showing us around. Looking forward to riding the area again with a few feet of POW.

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
It was a great first ride into a new area despite the lack of snow. Got to see alot of great country from the top that is due to spring conditions.

Nothing like doing 60-70 MPH down hill from a few of those tops.

I was suprised that it was 20 miles on the trail to get to the good area's. I would go to the upper parking lot next time.

Thanks again to Todd for showing us around. Looking forward to riding the area again with a few feet of POW.

you didn't know the short cuts? cut off about 10 mile one way.....James??

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
snoballssnoglory,

I think i bumped into you at whoopum up about 2 week ago? older ford 4d, m1k and an m7(wifes-buddys) sled?.

snoballssnoglory

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
Yup

That was me bro. We gotta meet up for a boys ride. Going up to Mccall tomorrow if anyone is headed that way.
Carey
405)923-1961

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
Rode Trinity's today and trinity creek road was groomed this morning. There is about 8" of fresh up on top and it is setting on a solid base (ice in spots), so you can go up anything but be prepared to skate down. Saw a group of 5 on yammi's and that was all that was up there I know about. There is still good snow to be found and we didn't tear up everything. Wind blew pretty good so there are some drifts but nothing that can't be handled.

Just though you all might like a report,

MX

C

CatndHat

Nov 8, 2003
Snowville WY
Just East of you today:D
Decided to beat the weekend crowd and what a day for the deep!
Over the windshield on top, the xp could have ran better for my bud Dave
so its back to the shop for some tune.
Get to watch some snow cross Saturday in Alpine:beer;
and some ball on Sunday:beer;:beer;:beer;

HPIM3360.jpg HPIM3361.JPG

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
I marked up all the backcountry, so just stay home until the next storm. :) Any day ended with empty gas tanks, is a good day.

Pretty much what Mnt_Extreme said about conditions.

Sorry I missed the whole crew today. But, I managed to run the entire day without seeing a single sled, until I ran into McFarckle and crew towards the end.

There was a helicopter flying low over the parking lot. Something about Elk? Anyone know what that was all about?

C

concreteman

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
Just East of you today:D
Decided to beat the weekend crowd and what a day for the deep!
Over the windshield on top, the xp could have ran better for my bud Dave
so its back to the shop for some tune.
Get to watch some snow cross Saturday in Alpine:beer;
and some ball on Sunday:beer;:beer;:beer;

Good to hear and see whats happening in Wyoming's back country country from my bro CatNdaHat:D:D

Russ how is Allen's cutler motor running this year in that m7?? I will be talking to James to try and get a date nailed down for a 2or3 day ride down that way.It seems all of the cali riders that were going to come and ride with us this year are unable to get time to come up and enjoy a the snow.That work thing can really get in the way sometimes:eek::eek:

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Rode yesterday from Trinity Creek Parking lot... surprised there weren't more trucks, lot was half full...Saw Wade's truck. Saw a few groups coming and going on the trail (took a sweet short cut that eliminated about half the trail to the Warming Hut) and ran into the Burgdorf clan at Big Trinity Lake doing some filming. Rode toward Smith Creek the sun had been on the hills over there and the snow was very setup. Tried a few hills with Juli's turbo but uncovered a bunch of rocks.:rolleyes:
Best part... we came back to the trucks with very little gas and found full beers on the hoods of the trucks. :face-icon-small-ton

C

concreteman

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
Why aren't you out riding concrete?

and you wade?
yes I'm home too.
need more SNOW!!!

Funny thing you guys should mention it. Bmwms and myself went on a ride from hell yesterday.

The day started off at 6:30 in the morning yester day I met with James and Aron loaded up the gear and we took off for Lowman arrived in lowman 7:30 we started up the sleds and headed up the trail.

The Aron guy was on James wife's skidoo 670, no scratchers so it made for a slow ride on the trail constantly looking for some fluff to cool the sled down
not a big deal. He did a great job keeping the sled cool :D

All three of us crested the summit on the trail and bmwms took off away from the trail :D:D:D we climb one ridge every thing was going well nice pull up the mtn. Then the trees started getting thick so we all started to Boony side hill towards white hawk lookout.Thats when we found ourselves in the very undesirable position of not being able to go back up the mtn and the trees just got thicker going down the mtn, and when i say thick I am talking crazy thick. so we spent 3 hours pulling on every ones ski's until we finally found our way out of the mess we got ourselves into.

Last edited:
C

CatndHat

Nov 8, 2003
Snowville WY
Good to hear and see whats happening in Wyoming's back country country from my bro CatNdaHat:D:D

Russ how is Allen's cutler motor running this year in that m7?? I will be talking to James to try and get a date nailed down for a 2or3 day ride down that way.It seems all of the cali riders that were going to come and ride with us this year are unable to get time to come up and enjoy a the snow.That work thing can really get in the way sometimes:eek::eek:

His big bore is actually holding up pretty good this year, His bumper held up surprisingly well Friday after I came sliding down back out of a super charged/yammi tiger pit trench center trail heading up Bear Creek. Had to get out the epoxy for his tail lite when we got back(better than stock now). That work thing is not the only thing in the way of a good ride if you park too close to a gravity effected reverse-less kitty.:eek:

Last edited:
C

CatndHat

Nov 8, 2003
Snowville WY
Feb or March trip? Keep me posted as I will be out of area on Feb 19-21, our early and mid March rides are some of the best:cool:!

Ha Ha , Is that the deer hunting Aron stowed his rig here and hunted our play ground?
Sounds like he got the sled ride wiggles satisfied with a ride in the tree's with
James and yourself!:beer;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features