• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Avoid Tera Alps Racing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
T
May 22, 2010
Kelowna BC
Ms brapp thanks for your first post, I wouldn't recommend getting involved in arguments on this site. Its like dealing with a pack of hienas or 4year olds. Sometimes neither is better.

Thanks Ted,
Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reactions: Reeb
C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
only a waste of skin like you would know what its like to get chased by a pack of hienas, keep bumping the thread teddy boy. I love getting PM's from people telling me that they will never go to your shop.. oh and have you heard from 81 yet? ha ha ha.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Cortez quote..I love getting PM's from people ..quote

hmmmm...me thinks you have a little self esteem issue...and willikers you sure are getting personel..your first thread in this post is total bs by your degrading character being displayed now..who are you...Charlie Sheen..??

Reactions: Leaf27
M
Nov 28, 2007
or
cortez, i think if you should have included all the extra's that were required to complete the job in your first post. give a fair description of all the problems that were unexpected that came up after the original quote. seems this is a very important part of the story that you ommited or failed to elaborate on. the extra's more than doubled the amount of time it took to complete your job. did they call you and let you know of the extra problems they found and what it would cost to fix them? if not then i would say you have good reason to be upset, but if you were told of the extra costs in advance i don't see where you could complain. would you rather they have not fixed your cooler and other things that were not known at the time of the quote to get your sled to you on time and on budget??? just to find you have to take it back to get it fixed again? looks like to me he charged you just what he quoted you, the extra's are just that, extra.
i run my own auto repair business and run into problems with customers like this every once in awhile. i quote a job, find other repairs while there that need to be addressed, inform my customer of the extra costs and time required to finish the job, they approve the additional repairs and then complain about the cost and extra time. hear from peeps they have talked to that give the same partial story to make thier side look good. i went to ron and he qouted me $300 to put in a water pump and would have it done tuesday. he didn't get it done until wednesday and when i got there to pick it up the bill was $550... but when they come to me and get the rest of the story, usually the part about them being told about the extra costs and time involved in advance, thier having approved the extra costs and time before any of the extra work was preformed, things seem to appear in a different light.
i don't know tedd and have never bought anything from his business but you really should give the whole story up front. like i stated if they did not inform you of the extra's and the cost and time involved to correct them before the work was preformed then i would say that is part of the repair that would pi$$ me off.

Reactions: Leaf27 and Reeb
M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
hmmm...its funny...i got red rep from Rookie...so that seems to indicate to me that its possibly Rookies sled that you have in your garage...if it is you have had it for two years yourself..??...and Rookies sled...well three sides to that story

Unfortunatly there is ALWAYS 3 sides to every story...yours...mine...and what REALLY happened. Things get misunderstood without meaning to... so # 1) Always get a written quote for everything # 2)If something is extra ...go to rule #1 # 3) Both sides should be prepared for some give and take. #4) Never go and tell the world without having taken every possible step to fix it in private. I don't care WHO you are as a person...dealer we ALL are wrong, allow temper:face-icon-small-dis to get in the way, make errors in judgment:nod: feeling justifyed because no one wants to feel like we are getting "taken". If and ONLY if it cannot be resolved come on here and WITHOUT naming names ask for advice.You might get a lot more than expected if it is handled discreetely..02:wave:

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Benifer if you did not agree with the pricing, why would you pay the bill? Do you have a spine? Ted did not have a signed work order without an estimate, so why pay the bill. Call the cops and get your property or just walk into his shop and take your sled. But noooo, with all your courage you come on a forum and whine about it after you PAYED the bill.

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
Benifer if you did not agree with the pricing, why would you pay the bill? Do you have a spine? Ted did not have a signed work order without an estimate, so why pay the bill. Call the cops and get your property or just walk into his shop and take your sled. But noooo, with all your courage you come on a forum and whine about it after you PAYED the bill.

I'm not sure how well you can read judging by all the post editing your wife has to do for you, but maybe sit her down at the computer beside you and get her to read the first post to you again.

I needed the sled for work, and I was already past the deadline for when I needed to leave town. I had no option of leaving the sled there because it would have put me out of over $10k in work, for the sake of a $800-1000 price discrepancy. At that point in time the last thing I wanted to do was waste more time arguing with a guy that cant seem to remember what comes out of his own mouth. I payed the bill, and cut my losses, the same thing most people would have done in my situation. I made this post to warn people of my experience, Im not sure why I need to repeat that, Im not trying to get revenge over $1000, Just trying to warn people of a dishonest business named Terra Alps Racing. Unfortunately Ted did nothing to right his wrongs so I came on here to express my frustrations.

I dont lack spine at all, and I wouldnt hesitate to prove that for one second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features