• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Avoid Tera Alps Racing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
I have also done business with Ted since, and have had nothing but positive dealings.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Cortez...first you say you just want to make your experience known...you have...and you seem to get upset when others let there experience known..yet you want to champion the quest of the post is not a bash but for people to have an informed outlook....BUT only when the posts are in the manner you want are you squirming in your chair with glee...when they are differant you cry foul...get a friggin life...

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
I'm stunned a shop would post your personal info.

Let me help you: http://www.priv.gc.ca/index_e.cfm

personel info...what the hell are you talking about...a name and a phone number..??...its in every phone book in his town in every home ..and his towns listing is availiable to every single person with internet in the world..a name and telephone number aint personel

M
Feb 23, 2011
fair enough, I guess I did open the subject up to debate, but my intent was not to start an argument with Ted over the cost breakdown. I started the thread only intending to share my experience with people so that they can make informed decisions about where to take their sleds..

How did you NOT think this would start a heated discussion? You out right attacked this company, bashed them, and worst of all they obviously tried to help you out in the middle of peak season... come on! Anyone that thinks they can tear down a sled, do all the needed work, have all the needed parts waiting at their beckoning call, and than re-assemble within a day.. has obviously never even changed the brakes or oil on their own vehicle! If your going to have a toy, especially a sled, be prepared to cough up a few extra bucks! Especially if you are dumb enough to go riding before their is enough snow to play in. It sounds like you think that having a temper tantrum will bring you some pitty, maybe make you feel better about opening your mouth without really knowing anything? I don't know, but I would be pretty stoked AND thankful if a shop gave me the break you got, and for situation being because of my own stupidity!

M

m8lovin

Aug 29, 2010
vernon bc
How did you NOT think this would start a heated discussion? You out right attacked this company, bashed them, and worst of all they obviously tried to help you out in the middle of peak season... come on! Anyone that thinks they can tear down a sled, do all the needed work, have all the needed parts waiting at their beckoning call, and than re-assemble within a day.. has obviously never even changed the brakes or oil on their own vehicle! If your going to have a toy, especially a sled, be prepared to cough up a few extra bucks! Especially if you are dumb enough to go riding before their is enough snow to play in. It sounds like you think that having a temper tantrum will bring you some pitty, maybe make you feel better about opening your mouth without really knowing anything? I don't know, but I would be pretty stoked AND thankful if a shop gave me the break you got, and for situation being because of my own stupidity!

let me guess ms braaap do you by any chance work the front desk at terra alps? just going by a hunch. you sign up on snowest and your first post is to defend terra alps. seems kinda funny.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
let me guess ms braaap do you by any chance work the front desk at terra alps? just going by a hunch. you sign up on snowest and your first post is to defend terra alps. seems kinda funny.

hahaa....yeah great first post.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com

If it is the lovely girl working for Ted I have just one thing to say.....You're pretty damn hot girlie! Ted needs to give you a raise....money based raise :face-icon-small-win LOL

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
hahaa....yeah great first post.

X3 on the great first post.... I will say though... Savana, you were the only part of dealing with teds shop that I did enjoy, no need to start calling people stupid though. Now that we all know its you:face-icon-small-coo

Reactions: 1100Cat
S

skippy

Nov 27, 2007
Pictures of Savanna would be helpful at understanding who it is that your talking about! :rockon: LOL

Reactions: 05 tmk 900
S

snow ryder

Oct 17, 2008

And I'm going to take a wild guess and say Ted was standing at your shoulder telling you what to say. Hey Ted, quit getting your staff to do your dirty work. This all seems kinda funny.

Reactions: 1100Cat
C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
And I'm going to take a wild guess and say Ted was standing at your shoulder telling you what to say. Hey Ted, quit getting your staff to do your dirty work. This all seems kinda funny.

I agree, when you will go so far as getting your 23yr old female receptionist to open a snowest account just to make a post attempting to demean one of your previous customers, clearly something is wrong in your business plan. In fact its so childish that I refuse to comment on any of the offensive remarks that were made towards me.
Its unfortunate that a shop owner would rather spend his time trying to get back at an unhappy customer than rectify the situation.. I suppose its just more proof of the quality customer relations skills that led to this thread in the first place.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Cortez, I would just stop if I were you. You recieved your product and services, had to pay a bit more than what you would have liked due to unforseen problems. There was no need to come on a public forum and only tell half the story, then bash Terra Alps more after they come on here to defend themselves. Whats worse is after you start this on Snowest you try to take the high road. Just bow out gracefully and go lick your wounds.

I dont see a problem with one of Ted's employees defending Terra Alps, she obviously know's the truth about what happened. As for it being her 1st post, it was a gooder. It is her paycheck that you are really attacking here Cortez.

Snow ryder you have only posted 3 times. 3 posts since 08 and these are the topics you get involved with.....hmmmm makes a guy wonder.

Last edited:
Reactions: m8magicandmystery
B

bikerjustin

Apr 14, 2008
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
fair enough, I guess I did open the subject up to debate, but my intent was not to start an argument with Ted over the cost breakdown. I started the thread only intending to share my experience with people so that they can make informed decisions about where to take their sleds..

The law of unintended consequences is an adage or idiomatic warning that an intervention in a complex system always creates unanticipated and often undesirable outcomes. Akin to Murphy's law, it is commonly used as a wry or humorous warning against the hubristic belief that humans can fully control the world around them. Many fields of study in the sciences and humanities embrace this concept, including economics, history, philosophy, political science, and sociology.

Possible causes of unintended consequences include the world's inherent complexity (parts of a system responding to changes in the environment), perverse incentives, human stupidity, self-deception, failure to account for human nature or other cognitive or emotional biases. As a sub-component of complexity (in the scientific sense), the chaotic nature of the universe – and especially its quality of having small, apparently insignificant changes with far-reaching effects (e.g., the butterfly effect) – applies.
Robert K. Merton listed five possible causes of unanticipated consequences:[
Ignorance (It is impossible to anticipate everything, thereby leading to incomplete analysis)
Error (Incorrect analysis of the problem or following habits that worked in the past but may not apply to the current situation)
Immediate interest, which may override long-term interests
Basic values may require or prohibit certain actions even if the long-term result might be unfavorable (these long-term consequences may eventually cause changes in basic values)
Self-defeating prophecy (Fear of some consequence drives people to find solutions before the problem occurs, thus the non-occurrence of the problem is unanticipated.)
The relevance paradox where decision makers think they know their areas of ignorance about an issue, and go and obtain the necessary information to fill that ignorance, but neglect certain other areas of ignorance, because, due to not having the information, its relevance is not obvious, is also cited as a cause.

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
Huh? What? Bikerjustin, wow did you just make a fellow 34 yr feel stupid trying to read that. Granted I just woke up but took my brain a bit to warm up and understand. I thought snowmobilers weren't the smartest people, Justin you can't be a snowmobiler that was too inteligent. Haha JK.

I know this thread is none of my business, but I am really thinking of moving to the mountains and starting a shop. 1-2-3 year finish times. Damn, even my partying, procratinating *** could handle those deadlines! Mountain AIR!!!

I will say I have seen really cool sleds come out of every shop named in this thread (really liked Terra's IQR builds). Your never going to make everyone happy all the time. Not down playing what happened to Cortez, I know it sucks. Just moved and only Polaris dealer around me don't understand how money works.

Hope I lightened the vibe in this thread. If not feel free to bitch at me. I can take it.

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Cortez, I would just stop if I were you. You recieved your product and services, had to pay a bit more than what you would have liked due to unforseen problems. There was no need to come on a public forum and only tell half the story, then bash Terra Alps more after they come on here to defend themselves. Whats worse is after you start this on Snowest you try to take the high road. Just bow out gracefully and go lick your wounds.

I dont see a problem with one of Ted's employees defending Terra Alps, she obviously know's the truth about what happened. As for it being her 1st post, it was a gooder. It is her paycheck that you are really attacking here Cortez.

Snow ryder you have only posted 3 times. 3 posts since 08 and these are the topics you get involved with.....hmmmm makes a guy wonder.

well said..^^^...Cortez...you don;t walk the talk...so you either slither,swim or sink...but just do whatever in your own diaper...stop crapping in an elevator...you probably are standing over your wifes shoulder while she posts on your behalf...so take a hike...

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
sounds like we really hit a soft spot with you boys. Dont worry, I wont bash your precious buddy Ted anymore.. I think this thread has spoken well enough for the low quality service and Customers of TAR. :beer;

S

Shelfrost

Nov 28, 2007
Chetwynd, BC, Canada
sounds like we really hit a soft spot with you boys. Dont worry, I wont bash your precious buddy Ted anymore.. I think this thread has spoken well enough for the low quality service and Customers of TAR. :beer;

Nice!!! You come on hear beotching about work you had done that took longer than expected and additional work that was required that you had to pay for!?!?!? Then you piss off anybody that doesn't agree with you. I am not one of Ted's buddies, never met him, but he did some work on my sled and I put in my $.02 and I am now held in low regard by you. Stop being a tool and learn how to use them and you might not have to take your sled anywhere else. Time to grow up!

Reactions: Leaf27 and Reeb
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features