• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AMDS... have they screwed you too?

Y

Yajustneverknow

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 1, 2009
www.teamcc.com
Ok, I wasn't going to ask this but your comment pushed me to..

Why is it that:

You walk into a dealer and they have bib's hanging everywhere, with dust on them and a price tag of $300.00. Obviously, they haven't been selling because of the dust and different styles from previous years that haven't sold either. So, you tell the guy that you would like to by a pair but not for $300.00 which is $75.00 OVER list price. Of course you get the you have a third eye in the middle of your forehead look and out the door you go empty handed. In the meantime you go home, Google the bibs, find them for $175.00 with $25.00 shipping.

You can't tell me its all shipping so don't even try. Any takers on this one?

Wouldn't it make sense to sell more bibs and make 30% than hold onto them until they have dust sell a couple and make %100?

Hell, I went to look for a new track and the guy just handed me a Cat Book. Told me add 10% on the LIST plus shipping. WTF? The end result on this one was a Craigslist deal for $225.00 track. Worse case I could have got one online for several HUNDRED cheaper than the dealer. I just don't get it.

Maybe YaJustNeverKnow can help me out without round housing me from behind the keyboard :D

Thats a crappy parts manager for ya! I have a 70% rack filled with motocross gear you have to walk past to get to the parts department. I have all my polaris, ski doo and cat gear on sale 25% from retail and if someone said they'd buy it if I gave them an extra 10% off I'd sell it. It's last years gear so why not. My Klim gear thats current is not marked down at all.
You also have to understand that what we make on something can be anywhere from 20% to 50% depending on what it is. 50% on a 1.99 part ain't jack! And I can guarentee you no one is making 50% on a pair of $300 bibs. If someone is selling them that cheap they are blowing them out and loosing money to do so. But, better to get a little back then them just sitting there.

Parts price increases.....We get whats called price books from the manufactuerer....They are updated quite often. Perfect example is Suzuki's accessories book......book said one price, my computer said a higher price. Why? Suzuki raised the price of it. Just had it happen today as a matter of fact. Customer complained about it. What am I gonna do? my cost went up on it.

Hope this helps

YES, Alaska dealers have to pay for shipping on most of the items they get in while here in the lower 48 we do not. Even I have to pay shipping on some items such as tracks, cab kits for prowlers or razors ect. Costs damn near twice as much to ship parts to Alaska then to where I'm at.

Y

Yajustneverknow

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 1, 2009
www.teamcc.com
hes one for ya , if you go out to eat and get ****ty food with excellent service , do you tip the waitress? ofcorse you do its not her job to cook your food, same when you feel like youve been waiting more then long enuf and she comes out and says your order is almost ready just a couple more minutes , i got no problem with shipping issues but i also feel its that parts guy should call me and say hey heres the scoop same when the part gets in , i dont normally call and hound them when i order parts if everyone did that parts guy would be on the phone all day long getting nothing done ,

but CALL me when there in really is that to much to ask ?

Not too much to ask for AT ALL. My shipping and recieving clerk calls all customers as he is checking in the parts he is recieving. I know all places do not do it this way but I've found it works the best for us.

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Thats a crappy parts manager for ya! I have a 70% rack filled with motocross gear you have to walk past to get to the parts department. I have all my polaris, ski doo and cat gear on sale 25% from retail and if someone said they'd buy it if I gave them an extra 10% off I'd sell it. It's last years gear so why not. My Klim gear thats current is not marked down at all.
You also have to understand that what we make on something can be anywhere from 20% to 50% depending on what it is. 50% on a 1.99 part ain't jack! And I can guarentee you no one is making 50% on a pair of $300 bibs. If someone is selling them that cheap they are blowing them out and loosing money to do so. But, better to get a little back then them just sitting there.

Parts price increases.....We get whats called price books from the manufactuerer....They are updated quite often. Perfect example is Suzuki's accessories book......book said one price, my computer said a higher price. Why? Suzuki raised the price of it. Just had it happen today as a matter of fact. Customer complained about it. What am I gonna do? my cost went up on it.

Hope this helps

YES, Alaska dealers have to pay for shipping on most of the items they get in while here in the lower 48 we do not. Even I have to pay shipping on some items such as tracks, cab kits for prowlers or razors ect. Costs damn near twice as much to ship parts to Alaska then to where I'm at.

So I am not nutz.. that makes me feel a little better. I am used to the Alaskan way now. I just walk in, try on a pair or whatever I am looking for and if they are out of this world on price. Well, I walk out knowing the size is right and head to craigslist, eBay or someplace like that. There is nothing more I would rather do than keep my money local but damn, don't give me the shaft and not even offer some lube with it.. I was in Customer Service for many years and I would have been fired if I treated customers the way some folks do..

Y

Yajustneverknow

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 1, 2009
www.teamcc.com
AND MAKE SURE TO CALL ME WHEN YOU FIND OUT IT IS ON BACKORDER so I can call around and find parts elsewhere to get back up and running! Any dealer worth a dammm would understand this and not hold it against you. I understand it is not your fault you cant get my part, and I am very thankful for your call, but you have to understand why we would go elsewhere at that point.

Well, yea if the part is on back order I understand you might go elsewhere if someone has the part in stock......no issue.
It's the guy who orders the part then decides he doesn't want it AFTER I've already sent the order in.....sorry, it's already on the way and your paying a 25% restocking fee in my store.
I have a dry eraser board that all the customers names who have back orders are on. I know what parts are on BO when I place the order so I write all that info on the board......What part is on BO so they can be called, notified and my guys write on the board they have been contacted.

Y

Yajustneverknow

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 1, 2009
www.teamcc.com
I just walk in, try on a pair or whatever I am looking for and if they are out of this world on price. Well, I walk out knowing the size is right and head to craigslist, eBay or someplace like that...

That right there pisses me off......lol
It cost me money to bring it in so you can try it on? I don't think so
I had a guy come in trying on coats..said he wanted to find what fits so he could buy it online....I chased his *** out. He got NO help from me.
You buy a coat from me and something is wrong with it I take a new one off the rack and give you a new one. No hassles, no waiting, just a another newcoat right then and there. Internet going to do that for you? Internet pay for an item so you can try it on?

You have a issue with that track your gonna have a grand time shipping it back at your cost not to mention the down time......FUN times for all eh?

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
That right there pisses me off......lol
It cost me money to bring it in so you can try it on? I don't think so
I had a guy come in trying on coats..said he wanted to find what fits so he could buy it online....I chased his *** out. He got NO help from me.
You buy a coat from me and something is wrong with it I take a new one off the rack and give you a new one. No hassles, no waiting, just a another newcoat right then and there. Internet going to do that for you? Internet pay for an item so you can try it on?

You have a issue with that track your gonna have a grand time shipping it back at your cost not to mention the down time......FUN times for all eh?

Don't blame you for round housing some ******* that would try something on in your place just to leave and by it online.. :D

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Well, if I had only 2 employees, a huge *** warehouse and didn't have to deal with phone calls and internet only I could easily drop my prices 20 to 30%

I guess the point I was trying to make is that the market will only bare a certain price. If your inventory is sitting around then you are either over priced and need to reduce your price or you shouldn't be purchasing that inventory and get rid of it. It's nice to have a couple items laying around but a pile of bibs with dust on them doesn't look good on the floor. It's the same with sleds I think. If you take a bunch of sleds and put them on the floor I think dealers pay a monthly fee to have them sit there. If you are over priced and they don't sell you will eat your profit be paying the monthly fees.. Hence, it would make sense to sell them quickly at a little lower profit than to have them sit and pay for them to sit on top of that..

Now, this is from a guy that doesn't own a dealership so I could be out in left field. Which by the way, my wife does tell me I am some times. Time for a new wife maybe?

Y

Yajustneverknow

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 1, 2009
www.teamcc.com
I guess the point I was trying to make is that the market will only bare a certain price. If your inventory is sitting around then you are either over priced and need to reduce your price or you shouldn't be purchasing that inventory and get rid of it. It's nice to have a couple items laying around but a pile of bibs with dust on them doesn't look good on the floor. It's the same with sleds I think. If you take a bunch of sleds and put them on the floor I think dealers pay a monthly fee to have them sit there. If you are over priced and they don't sell you will eat your profit be paying the monthly fees.. Hence, it would make sense to sell them quickly at a little lower profit than to have them sit and pay for them to sit on top of that..

Now, this is from a guy that doesn't own a dealership so I could be out in left field. Which by the way, my wife does tell me I am some times. Time for a new wife maybe?

You my friend are exactly right!

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I'll let you know after I'm all settled in and on the job for a bit
BUT, I'm sure we will meet at sometime up in the Caribou Hills. Love Cenntenial Trail so tell them to get it groomed and ready for me!

It is table top smooth right now as family fun day is up there tommorrow. I'm guessing skidoo/yami....

Y

Yajustneverknow

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 1, 2009
www.teamcc.com
It is table top smooth right now as family fun day is up there tommorrow. I'm guessing skidoo/yami....

I was just at the cabin hoppers website and it said it hasn't been done since Feb 23rd but all the others were done on the 10th a this month. Looked at the webcam and looks like ya had some snow today!

When I get to town we can meet up and I'll buy you a :beer;

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I was just at the cabin hoppers website and it said it hasn't been done since Feb 23rd but all the others were done on the 10th a this month. Looked at the webcam and looks like ya had some snow today!

When I get to town we can meet up and I'll buy you a :beer;

All the others got groomed for the poker run and the womens WOW run. That and the Tustemena 200 sled dog race. Snow has been very scarce heere this here so not alot of grooming happening or they would hit dirt. Better to leave it a little ruff. Give a shout when you make it to town.

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
Last spring I walked into AMDS to buy 2 new sleds, I was in there for maybe 20-25 minutes before I got any help. The sales guys were just sitting there talking to each other and paying no attention to me or any other customers. I told them I wanted to buy a new 08 Summit Adrenalin for my wife and they were on sale at that time and that I was paying cash. They didn't really seem to care if I bought one or not but I finally did manage to get one of them to help. Never got any good vibes from them and they made me feel like I was taking up their precious time. I went back the following week to get one for myself and I got the same treatment. IMO, that is bad customer service and I won't ever buy another sled from them. Now I do all my business with Team CC in Eagle River and they have no problem working on my sled knowing I bought it from AMDS. Parts guys, salesman, and service are all top notch people and my next sled will come from them, even if it means I have to pay full price. One thing I won't put up with is bad customer service. I worked in the customer service field for almost 5 years so I know what it's like to have to deal with customers, if you don't have the right attitude you need to find a new line of work.

Last edited:
C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
that does suck that you were waiting for help for 20-25 minutes but you got to understand that they get alot and i mean alot of track kickers in there and they probbly just get tired of them ... but i under stand where your comming from the only reason i ever got good service from them is the fact that i know all the parts and sales people but it shouldnt be that way everyone should get the same service whether you known them for 10 years or 10 seconds .. thats why i changed my brands to polaris . sure there might be a better sled out there on the market but for me its all about service and i get that with biglake power sports. there not 1 month waiting if your sled has to go into the shop.
but anyways im glad you all found some where else that treats you better :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features