• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A day that changed my life forever!!!!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B

Bridger

Jan 27, 2009
SE IDAHO
Hi Everyone!!!!!

I'M BACK AND KICKIN A**!!!!!
I just wanted to throw out a "FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART...THANK YOU"
Its been a year and 2 weeks since my accident... the year has been fast in some ways..and as slow as my heater warmin up in my powerstoke the last few weeks, in others.... The rehab was brutal...but after a ton of surgerys and almost 300 days in physical therapy..I smiled and grinned through the sweat and tears..Everyday..
Its been a journey I cant say I would want to do again, but one..in a strange way..Im glad I experienced..
You find out how many friends you really have..and how many you make along the way..
My friends threw a fund raiser to help out with the med bills and with the cost of prosthetics...Over 900 people showed up...OMG...I didnt know I knew 900 people...LOL
I really found everyone from SnoWest Forums awsome too... Your encouraging messages made me smile everyday I read them!! Im really happy about everyones opinion concerning tethers!!! I hope my accident saves someone someday...Just wear a tether...I KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT that I would still have my left arm if I would have had one on my M8...

The guys from TETH-AIR hooked me up big time... They heard about my accident and the next thing I knew...I had a FED EX package at my door from them..Very cool product that works great..and some cool people too!!

So...Im back riding again 100% as of lastweek... Got a killer prosthetic.. Every bit of this thing is Carbon Fiber and Titanium...Looks like something out of terminator..Push a button on the end and I can change out devices on the end...like a dang air tool connector...tool box full of ends..claws,weight lifting end,wrenches,and of coarse..a custom handlebar gripper... BOA even set me up so their system holds it on...

I will get some pics posted tomorrow...its pretty cool stuff..

Well sorry I got winded on this..but im pretty jacked to still be here to tell you about it...and even more excited to be back in the saddle in 1 year!!

Less face it...We Sledders are a very different breed..you have to be in this club to understand it..but were always here for eachother when one of us needs a hand...Family is a great way to word it... Thanks for all the hands last year!!

Shawn Bridger :wave:
Inkom Idaho

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Cool man...

YOU are the reason I have tethers on my two Pro's!!!!! When are manufacturers going to realize the safety concern with not providing from the factory???

hcrider

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2009
wyoming
glad to see your back in action

you my friend are an inspiration!! best of luck to you.

S

stem

Mar 1, 2008
Norway
Less face it...We Sledders are a very different breed..you have to be in this club to understand it..but were always here for eachother when one of us needs a hand...Family is a great way to word it... Thanks for all the hands last year!!

Good for you man! Your story had me buying a tether for my PRO, had a few close calls last season....
Talking about family: we sledders can throw shait at eachother for the brand you ride, the line you didn't take or the helmet you may use, but when push comes to shove we all stand united

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I work at a backcountry ski shop and being really slow I have time to read this story, as I read it look through the comments I realize how UNprepared I was going into the mountains. As far as avys I'm as prepared as anyone, but first aid I have close to nothing that will actually help in an event like this. Which is why when I writing this I'm also looking under the counter at work at the first aid kits that we have and just trying to pick the biggest one with the most stuff in it and room for me I add stuff.
I did hear about this awhile back and a tether is already on order and will be on my sled before the snow flys.

I hope all is well and I can't wait to hear more from you from this coming season, would love to see more videos aswell.

You changed the way I look at a simple thing like a tether, I'm sorry that you had to go through this to make the rest of the sledding community realize how important something like a little cord attached to your sled can be.

Now I just wish I could get all my buddies to install tethers...

Powderhound

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
I work at a backcountry ski shop and being really slow I have time to read this story, as I read it look through the comments I realize how UNprepared I was going into the mountains. As far as avys I'm as prepared as anyone, but first aid I have close to nothing that will actually help in an event like this. Which is why when I writing this I'm also looking under the counter at work at the first aid kits that we have and just trying to pick the biggest one with the most stuff in it and room for me I add stuff.
I did hear about this awhile back and a tether is already on order and will be on my sled before the snow flys.

I hope all is well and I can't wait to hear more from you from this coming season, would love to see more videos aswell.

You changed the way I look at a simple thing like a tether, I'm sorry that you had to go through this to make the rest of the sledding community realize how important something like a little cord attached to your sled can be.

Now I just wish I could get all my buddies to install tethers...

Dont ride with them until they do... Trust me you do not want to experience it.. I still get sick when I think about that day !!

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
The poster kid for "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger" Glad to hear you are finally back to riding and you can put that whole chapter of your life to bed. Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress

Premium Features