• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Patriot Owners- Poll Failure or Not

Has Your 850 Failed. Vote multiple times if you have multiple 850s

• No

Votes: 341 81.2%
  • Yes, Top End

Votes: 18 4.3%
  • Yes, Bottom End

Votes: 61 14.5%

• Total voters

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Had to pull my friends 850 out yesterday(only 5 miles from truck) as it let out lots of magic smoke just running back from some really challenging riding for our planned last ride for spring 2019. Sure glad it happened where it did and not 55 min earlier, we might still be working on getting it out today.
gtwitch in wyoming

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
this tread is just a major circle jerk now

That's what you get with the Timbre clown!

Not fixated on me huh? So following me around the forums posting stupid personal attacks would seem to define "fixated"... I have yet to see where you have come back with any substance, just grade school jealousy... Clearly some remedial reading and vocabulary would be in order here.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Now up to 69 dead ones reported here, closing in on a 20% failure rate...

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Now up to 69 dead ones reported here, closing in on a 20% failure rate...
I hate to say the poll is wrong... I have no idea, BUT to believe nearly 1 in 5 have gone down seems INSANE. IF that's the case I would think a recall should be happening sooner than later.

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
All you can say for sure is that is the information that we have here and if you ask any dealer, they will tell you only half truths, probably an answer like "we have had one or two" go down and not serious. This is probably the answer that should go out to the good customers. I would not be hesitant to buy a 2020 Patriot because I feel that Polaris will have the first year problems solved 95% and will be hard to catch nest year.
gtwitch in wyoming

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
. . . . Says Mr Schadenfreude :)

Are you retarded? I mean seriously...

Doesn't even fit your definition dummy. No celebration. Sort of like Memorial Day... Just a statement of fact, which I know gets right up under your fingernails like a burning red fir splinter... LOL

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
I hate to say the poll is wrong... I have no idea, BUT to believe nearly 1 in 5 have gone down seems INSANE. IF that's the case I would think a recall should be happening sooner than later.

As long as they keep taking care of owners problems, it isn't really a safety issue, like burning Doo's... They will get through it fine. They survived the 900 and 800 Dragon without recalls. Plenty of Timbres out there fool enough to do it again.:juggle:

Reactions: CATDIESELPOWER

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
As long as they keep taking care of owners problems, it isn't really a safety issue, like burning Doo's... They will get through it fine. They survived the 900 and 800 Dragon without recalls. Plenty of Timbres out there fool enough to do it again.:juggle:
Being stranded in the back country seems like a safety issue to me LOL

Reactions: madchad47

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Being stranded in the back country seems like a safety issue to me LOL

Don’t ride alone. Doesn’t take a big crash to disable a sled. That can happen to any of them. I agree with you but it is an easily mitigated circumstance to a problem that isn’t that big yet.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Are you retarded? I mean seriously...

Doesn't even fit your definition dummy. No celebration. Sort of like Memorial Day... Just a statement of fact, which I know gets right up under your fingernails like a burning red fir splinter... LOL

Oh it definitely fits. Between Narcissist and Schadenfreude, the shoe DEFINITELY fits :)

Facts? You have facts? That's a first! Where are these facts based on YOUR experience riding the Polaris you don't own? HAHAHA!!!

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Oh it definitely fits. Between Narcissist and Schadenfreude, the shoe DEFINITELY fits :)

Facts? You have facts? That's a first! Where are these facts based on YOUR experience riding the Polaris you don't own? HAHAHA!!!

You are a head case, hardly worth the time. You realize how stupid you look with your phony psych evaluation? Keep your day job as a clown, suits you better

69 dead ones listed, that is a fact. More talked about that never made the poll. My ****ty Axys blew up, all I need to know. Your dumb diversions make no difference. I don't have to own to be able to read. Maybe that is what confused you. Hell you needed help to add the narcissist part LOL, based on my username. Check the username thread, it is a joke meant to get a rise out of dummies like you. Works pretty good...

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
69 dead ones listed, that is a fact. More talked about that never made the poll. My ****ty Axys blew up, all I need to know.

Oh i see, your FACTS are based on an internet poll, NOT on any experience YOU have had actually RIDING the sled. It's all stuff you "read" and "hear". That sounds quite logical Mr Schadenfreude... haha!

We all know how accurate "internet polls" are. The fake news networks had some VERY accurate polls leading up to the election, right? I bet Hillary would have LOVED it if those predictions had actually come true. We all know how that turned out :) Their problem was they polled a small section of the population they knew leaned one direction, in hopes to influence the rest of the population that doesn't think for themselves. And lookie what happened. Same thing was attempted here, and fell flat, because most of us actually think for ourselves and DON'T let internet polls influence us. Does anyone really believe there were only 300+ axys 850s sold? Call some dealers and ask them yourself . . . i did.

OR . . . you can just continue to believe what you find on "duh innernet", since it fits your narrative. My guess is, you will choose the latter.

Either way, this has been the best winter i have ever had, riding the most flawless sled i have ever owned. No complaints whatsoever!!

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Oh i see, your FACTS are based on an internet poll, NOT on any experience YOU have had actually RIDING the sled. It's all stuff you "read" and "hear". That sounds quite logical Mr Schadenfreude... haha!

We all know how accurate "internet polls" are. The fake news networks had some VERY accurate polls leading up to the election, right? I bet Hillary would have LOVED it if those predictions had actually come true. We all know how that turned out :) Their problem was they polled a small section of the population they knew leaned one direction, in hopes to influence the rest of the population that doesn't think for themselves. And lookie what happened. Same thing was attempted here, and fell flat, because most of us actually think for ourselves and DON'T let internet polls influence us. Does anyone really believe there were only 300+ axys 850s sold? Call some dealers and ask them yourself . . . i did.

OR . . . you can just continue to believe what you find on "duh innernet", since it fits your narrative. My guess is, you will choose the latter.

Either way, this has been the best winter i have ever had, riding the most flawless sled i have ever owned. No complaints whatsoever!!

There is that impressive reading and comprehension skill set showing its true color again...

The fact is the poll says 69 dead. I did not ever claim the poll was in any way perfect. However, if you had run the same poll in the other two brands forums how much do you want to bet they are way way behind in the body count even combined and multiplied by 3.

Polaris had a rough year, even if you didn't. Not always about you Mr, Narcissist...

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
However, if you had run the same poll in the other two brands forums how much do you want to bet they are way way behind in the body count even combined and multiplied by 3.

Polaris had a rough year, even if you didn't.

Yah well . . . we can speculate on the other brands all day long and that will accomplish exactly ZERO.

You have been trumpeting that "poll" from day one, and since it didn't turn out as bad as you had hoped for, you didn't get to celebrate and take your victory lap did ya, Mr Schadenfreude.

Polaris actually had an INCREDIBLE year!! Call the dealers and ask them yourself about what % they had go down. FAR different than the lap dogs citing the internet poll have said.

The loudest mouths on here worrying about
"Polaris reliability" are . . . wait for it . . . those who ride OTHER BRANDS :)

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Yah well . . . we can speculate on the other brands all day long and that will accomplish exactly ZERO.

You have been trumpeting that "poll" from day one, and since it didn't turn out as bad as you had hoped for, you didn't get to celebrate and take your victory lap did ya, Mr Schadenfreude.

Polaris actually had an INCREDIBLE year!! Call the dealers and ask them yourself about what % they had go down. FAR different than the lap dogs citing the internet poll have said.

The loudest mouths on here worrying about
"Polaris reliability" are . . . wait for it . . . those who ride OTHER BRANDS :)

What do you mean the poll wasn't as bad as I had hoped for? Are you running for president next year as a democratic candidate? You spew more utter made up BS about me that I ever though possible, congrats douchebag!

I actually would find that poll deeply troubling if I owned a 19 850. That coupled with what the best Polaris engine guy on the planet reported has been more than evidence demonstrating Polaris blew it on another first year motor, after bragging it up as the most durable ever...

Looks like they have responded and made a bunch of changes. So big relief when you lose your motor next season because, you should get an updated one under warranty. At that point all is well unless it strands you, has to be towed, or dies in a bad spot trying to kill you... Still, the warranty and major changes, which further contribute to a guilty plea by Polaris themselves, will make you whole. So good on Polaris for doing the right thing.... hopefully.

You STILL do not get it. The point of my coming here and telling the truth is the WARN potential buyers. Those of us speaking out ride other brands because we were burned by Polaris, yes it actually happens.(Not in Idaho) I actually think it is sad Polaris lost so many motors, and only fool would speculate that the others lost anywhere near as many. It is hardly a contest if you could just be honest. Which I guess brings it back full circle to my assessment of you in the first paragraph DB...

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
By the time you two are done arguing this thread is gonna be longer than Last One to Poast 1,2,&3.

Reactions: 05900
Premium Features