• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Patriot Owners- Poll Failure or Not

Has Your 850 Failed. Vote multiple times if you have multiple 850s

• No

Votes: 341 81.2%
  • Yes, Top End

Votes: 18 4.3%
  • Yes, Bottom End

Votes: 61 14.5%

• Total voters
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
...and news from Timbre!!!!! He loves his 850! Nobody in his neighborhood has had anything but great luck with them! He LOVES the brand!

Oh wait, that is OLD NEWS too. Does that mean he is trolling and should leave?

Unless I’m seeing things, the thread title is asking for input from “850 owners” ...?

Reactions: Timbre

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
Got about 300miles on my 850 now, absolutely love it.

Switched back and forth with a 2017 800 at about 3500ft elevation, both sleds pulled right amount of rpm, but the 800 can not compare to the 850 it is just that much stronger...

Only change I will do is swap the 2.6 track for a camso x2.7.

K
Initially i was a no but i blew an oil line off. Polaris told my dealer to pull the bottom end apart and now I'm waiting on cases and a new crank. Have under 350 miles sled ran awesome, didn't have the bog issue. The nipple it blew off was plugged with sealant. Top end of the motor look's good!

Reactions: d1100t
M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
...and news from Timbre!!!!! He loves his 850! Nobody in his neighborhood has had anything but great luck with them! He LOVES the brand!

Oh wait, that is OLD NEWS too. Does that mean he is trolling and should leave?

You guys crack me up!

Some people want to live in their perfect little worlds where nothing bad happens to them and all their choices are the best choices anyone can make.

The truth hurts sometimes.

I'm a Polaris guy, stuck on a Doo... because I hate walking home.

Reactions: d1100t

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Some people want to live in their perfect little worlds where nothing bad happens to them and all their choices are the best choices anyone can make.

The truth hurts sometimes.

I'm a Polaris guy, stuck on a Doo... because I hate walking home.

That’s where we differ, I’d rather walk home than be stuck on a doo??
Just kidding, I’d figure out how to have fun on a Doo or cat if I had to. In the meantime I’m loving the 850 and riding it better than any sled I’ve owned.
And I’ve not had any problems 1,300 mountain miles.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Been what a month or so since I posted... I just can't let anyone say anything good? Seems like you just do not want to hear anything bad. Matter of perspective I guess.

Hopefully they have it sorted for 2020. I have always wanted it to work but when history repeated itself on a new Polaris motor launch, it was hardly a surprise.

I am glad a lot of guys did so well with them. Turns out quite a few had issues, issues I understand most of you would like to ignore.

I just keep trying to decide if getting one and having Indy Dan go through it first is worth the money. I keep coming back and looking at the number of failures. That poll doesn't concern you at all? Completely illegitimate?

What the hell are you going to talk about when the 2020's are perfect?

Reactions: willjogervais

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Big 10 on a Yami would solve his problems with reliability. It would be so reliable he might even forget about the rest of us and he would live on the Yami forum when he had another breakdown.

Reactions: Timbre and Teth-Air

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Logic? When did that become a concern of yours?

One must admit that being a Doo rider, and coming over to the Polaris section to report to us all that you are not a Polaris rider, is more than a little odd :) Surely there is someone over in the doo section that would be more excited to hear about this. Over here, we don't care! Have fun on your doo :)

Reactions: Qwkrunner
Premium Features