• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Patriot Owners- Poll Failure or Not

Has Your 850 Failed. Vote multiple times if you have multiple 850s

• No

Votes: 341 81.2%
  • Yes, Top End

Votes: 18 4.3%
  • Yes, Bottom End

Votes: 61 14.5%

• Total voters

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
You must have a sensor that is reporting incorrectly as they all have the same flash now. I rode with a guy with the original mapping and his was crisp so there still can be differences in how they run. I believe very heavy clutching could hold them back too and cause them to load up the plugs. You're not stuck in ethanol mode by some chance?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Can you post a quick vid of the low end bog?

N
Aug 26, 2018
Can you post a quick vid of the low end bog?

Ill look through my go pro videos to see if there are any that show the bog well enough. I havent put it up on a stand yet to see if it bogs without a load.

Also something Im not sure Ive discussed yet is that while rolling down a trail 30-40mph then going WOT theres no sign of a bog. Its only at slow speeds/low rpm or from a complete stand still to WOT that it falls on its face. Basically when I need throttle and engine responce the most, in technical areas or deep snow, I can count on not having it. I hope you can follow what Im trying to explain.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I would have your dealer verify that it took the remapping, and if it did push for a new motor! It’s under warranty, and don’t take no for an answer.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Sounds like you have a good relationship with your dealer; I would be on them weekly still for updates. Do they have demo sleds? I'd be asking for a demo sled to ride till they figure it out.

High.... Voltage rock and roll! in my best ac/dc voice - ha- had a good suggestion.

Premium Features