• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 gone down already??

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Nice try Timbre, you may be out of your league on this one though. Fact is, Polaris 850s are dropping like flys. I am sure it is all just made up by those jealous of your 850 Poo snowcheck LMFAO! The fact is . . YOU have no FACTS!! When YOU have a 850 polaris sled that YOU ride, that breaks down on YOU, then you might come close to having some facts.

If/when Polaris finally manages to step up and deliver a quality product to consumers, I will consider one. Fact is, we are not there yet, and may never be if history is any indication. Awesome. Good to know. In the meantime . . . MOVE ON and play with other kids on your "same team". Ya'll can give hugs or do high fives or something really cool like that!

What I find even funnier than your Poolaid addiction is the notiton that it is OK to spew a bunch of brand loyal nonsense, impossible to back up with facts and try and downplay some major design issues yet it is not OK to tell the truth about the pile of junk you just wasted $15k on. Exactly what you are doing bro. I talked to the dealers and got the facts, have you?

I have no more need to "move along" than you do in this thread. We definately disagree and if Polaris had burned you repeatedly like they did me, you would have to be some kind of fool not to share those experiences with your fellow sledders and maybe spare some the grief they put me through. We get it Bro . . .really, we do :)

So how about you keep doing your thing, trying to downplay the epic failure of Polaris to deliver a decent engine and I will keep telling people about my experiences with Polaris... Here is an idea, how about you go to the cat site and tell people how much you like your sled that you actually ride and actually have some experience with . .? Believe me, we already know about your experience with Polaris. It's like a broken record.

I get it, you are brand loyal to a fault, you like how your blinders fit and the feel of sand packed in around your head. Carry on...
Great idea. You ride the sled you like and i will too...cheers! :) /QUOTE]

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
That is an interesting analysis. I have seen pictures of design issues, I have no idea how you have managed to reduce that to assembly errors... There is at least one serious design flaw if not two in just the bottom end. Not locating the PTO bearing and not getting oil to the center bearings. Now you might be able to convince yourself these were assembly issues but the evidence points directly to design flaws in both cases.

I just do not know how you look objectively at all of the evidence submitted and come up with your watered down conclusion...

A bad design means imminent failure. There is no way that these bearings would last 500+ miles if they were all moving or if none had any oil. Some must be working as planned. This tells me that there are differences in the way some were assembled or specs are different between them. This is what the evidence really points to. One thing for sure PI has not let me down with this sled. I expected a huge smile on my face that I didn't believe I could get with a Cat or a Doo and that is what I got. You cannot argue with that.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
All that RED you use is so cute Timbre! Hope it makes you feel better when riding that time bomb. Are you going to admit when your does blow? Because they are all going too...

Clearly you do not get it, or you wouldn't bother parsing my posts...

If you’re just here to troll the Polaris forums there are measures that can be taken to just vote you off the island.
In fact there’s really no voting necessary.
Yes this is your warning.
Thank ypu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
If you’re just here to troll the Polaris forums there are measures that can be taken to just vote you off the island.
In fact there’s really no voting necessary.
Yes this is your warning.
Thank ypu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That seems a bit inappropriate....???
If ur intentions are to ban him...

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
Been following this thread, big 10 inch is already on his 3rd or 4th username in the time I’ve been a member here. Ban him and he’ll create another one. Remember red mtn or copowder??

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Would be a favor to all of us.

10 inch doesn't have to like what I ride and I welcome a well thought out argument for his viewpoint but all I hear is unsubstantiated doom and gloom. I like facts when comparing sleds. Which sled is lightest, which has most power, which in your opinion handles best and why . I guess he feels his sled is beat on all the features and benefits but resorting to negative propaganda just doesn't come across as being credible.

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
User name changing

Been following this thread, big 10 inch is already on his 3rd or 4th username in the time I’ve been a member here. Ban him and he’ll create another one. Remember red mtn or copowder??

If your caught changing user names you should be banned from the forums for ever.

Period

Last edited:

CATDIESELPOWER

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
IDAHO
Seriously mods? Big10 banned for giving his opinions, even though he was pretty extremely biased against Polaris, just seems like a bit too much. Just because folks don’t agree with him or were put out by his remarks, is that reason enough to ban the guy? He’s still a snowmobiler like the rest of us who enjoys and supports the sport and this forum. Maybe there is more to the story than I know, I see some posts were deleted.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Seriously mods? Big10 banned for giving his opinions, even though he was pretty extremely biased against Polaris, just seems like a bit too much. Just because folks don’t agree with him or were put out by his remarks, is that reason enough to ban the guy? He’s still a snowmobiler like the rest of us who enjoys and supports the sport and this forum. Maybe there is more to the story than I know, I see some posts were deleted.

Yep. And the personal attacks are coming from others not him. He pretty much stays focused on how bad he hates Polaris lol.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I have no clue how many sleds were ordered by all the dealers in Alaska, but I only know of 1 going down due to a bottom end and haven't seen any *ALERT* style threads started on our local FB page.

I know some other guys in different parts of AK are keeping an eye on this thread so hopefully they can pipe up about their neck of the woods.

RMK900Tractor

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
I've heard 10k units sold...so 100 have gone down...

...I think that is a pretty reasonable percentage. And I ride a doo!

Ace

Just an FYI,

100 out of 10,000 is a 10,000 DPM (Defects / Million).

I searched the Polaris website but was not able to find their suppler DPM goal but I would guess it is either 300 or 46 depending upon their quality statement. Because they are more like an automotive company I would guess 46 is the realistic goal.

According to this, they are doing a terrible job at quality.

BTW, I am a Polaris fan.

J
Feb 5, 2016
So really.. if there’s nothing to be done by the consumer in regards to the bearing and bottom end..what about the oil line ? I checked mine and the clamp is well on and secured...

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002

Go to Big 10's user page and search all his posts. Just start scrolling through.

He has nothing good to say about anything. Its not just about polaris, its everything related to sledding. The guy is never wrong about anything, and is always talking down to people.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Its too bad you start at topic and it becomes what one thinks is going to happen instead of what is really happening. Which we may never know. A lot of keyboard engineers or guessers, I am not sure.

I have buddies that love their 850's and one of my good friends had his top end replaced. The weird thing none of the ones that didn't go down are giving any issues what so ever. The one with the top end that went down acts like it is fouling a plug constantly. He is dropping back off at dealer today. He wants the sled replaced. They may replace everything but the chassis. They said they would get it right.

polaris bob

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 16, 2002
Michigan
If your caught changing user names you should be banned from the forums for ever.

Period

Hey hey now.... I was thinking of changing my screen name to something like "Thermal Event", don't want to get banned because of that...... LOL

FYI, inside joke that Dan will get........ For the others, I lost my 2 sleds in a garage fire Dec 22.

Premium Features