• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022?

I know the big bore war has got to be killing the old Cat faithful. It used to be that Cat always had the biggest fastest engines.

If the C-Tec wasn't as capable as it is it may be an issue. But after trying to compare my 20 Alpha to a 19 Axys 800 not so much. I say trying as the Pol 800 is not even close. Not sure if its the track or just power but they are two different classes. I have not went head to head with an 850 but I am confident it would be close.

If the C-Tec wasn't as capable as it is it may be an issue. But after trying to compare my 20 Alpha to a 19 Axys 800 not so much. I say trying as the Pol 800 is not even close. Not sure if its the track or just power but they are two different classes. I have not went head to head with an 850 but I am confident it would be close.
i rode with a 850 174 poo last season and it was neck and neck with my 18 162. we swapped back and forth, i found them very very similar. both of us said we could hop back and forth and fell comfortable on either. i didnt even realize it was a 174 until we were chatting after. doo on the other hand i need much more time to feel even remotely as comfortable

i rode with a 850 174 poo last season and it was neck and neck with my 18 162. we swapped back and forth, i found them very very similar. both of us said we could hop back and forth and fell comfortable on either. i didnt even realize it was a 174 until we were chatting after. doo on the other hand i need much more time to feel even remotely as comfortable
Couldn't agree more I like the Axys chassis very similar to the Ascender to ride, but the Doo is foreign to me. Maybe I just need more seat time.

Couldn't agree more I like the Axys chassis very similar to the Ascender to ride, but the Doo is foreign to me. Maybe I just need more seat time.
i find them very wide. im short and with the tunnel being wider i feel bow legged riding it. my 12 that i rode up until i got my 18 had the laydown steering like the doo and i owned doo from 2007 through 2011 so youd think that it wouldnt feel that weird to me but going from my 18 back to the 18 850 doo just felt foreign. couldnt get confident in the short time i rode it. buddy that owned the doo said the same about mine though lol

How does the push button start work? Press once and it will power up your gauges (assuming you have electric start), then press and hold to start it?
No, gauges only work when sled is running just like on the non e-start. Start button only works if the keys on, i usually just leave the key on all the time. it cranks as soon as you hit the button. Once it’s running, the same button switches from forward to reverse.

This guy says in the comments section of this video that if this sled was a twin rail he thinks it would be the best mountain sled of all manufacturer's. Not what I said but his video is very professional so to speak lol.

An elevated twin rail with an Alpha track would be a great sled. Fix the intake and make it a 900 with big bottom end torque and I'd probably buy one. Seems like a no brainer for Cat to go there.

Thats something I've wondered....can an alpha track have two rails? Isn't the driver and window thing different? I saw a aftermarket rail system that was two rails but not far apart. Been wondering if I could change my 2016 into a pseudo alpha with it? There's a 600 153 alpha in Cody I want to buy so bad but iam scared of my wife!!

Thats something I've wondered....can an alpha track have two rails? Isn't the driver and window thing different? I saw a aftermarket rail system that was two rails but not far apart. Been wondering if I could change my 2016 into a pseudo alpha with it? There's a 600 153 alpha in Cody I want to buy so bad but iam scared of my wife!!
Stock alpha is two hyfax close together on one rail, skinny K mod is same with two rails side by side

Yes u can have a standard twin rail skid inside of an Alpha track. U can use the standard Alpha driver's.

Just need to cut windows and clip the paddles. Like this pic here.

Also need to remove or cut down the center clips as they will hit the shocks on the twin rail skid. Could also offset the shocks on the suspension if u choose.

Screenshot_20201228-221416_YouTube.jpg

Sent it

Last edited:
Part of me has wondered if the reason that track works so well is the Alpha rail itself allowing the track to always have more surface contact with the snow than with a traditional two rail.

Part of me has wondered if the reason that track works so well is the Alpha rail itself allowing the track to always have more surface contact with the snow than with a traditional two rail.
I would be willing to bet on it. I was not sold on the alpha concept until I was at the cat dealer in Hayden. It was this time of year and they had on parked on the lot plow pile. The way that track contoured that pile of rotten snow was the day I decided that I had to have one.

Does anyone know if my cat 162 3 " would swap onto a 2022 polaris slash 163 3 " ? thinking of doing this

Premium Features

Back