• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 Polaris RMK

I was given some information by two different sources. One was a Wyoming dealer that said there will be a stock mountain sled under 400lbs. And was also told a factory turbo. I guess we will find out in a couple weeks. I'm surprised Polaris hasn't purchased boondocker yet. They seem to work close enough together. I would be happy with a snow check only agility kit backed by a factory warranty. We shall see

<400lb mountain sled? Yes please! It'd be a big year if even half these rumors come true though. I could see the four-strokes if they decide to replace the old 550 fan and add a 100HP-ish option for trail and crossover sleds. I wouldn't be surprised if 4S motors take over everything outside the mountain and hot trail segments though, even if it's just to please the EPA. Anyway, I'm hoping all the rumors starting to fly mean at least a couple big things coming our way (new motor, turbo, major chassis changes).

I don't think the Poo 850 lacks power but it lacks traction. My first ride out with the powerclaw was tough on the arms. The only place that I really liked the 2.6 was in the light blower pow. I really like the axys and I would love to see some 3.5 pitch tracks and better overall track designs. I'm probably buying a 22, so an 850 turbo would be great for next yearand hopefully they would have any bugs worked out for 22. Even if they didn't have a factory turbo, it would be cool to see them team up with Boondocker and offer a factory accessory turbo like Yamaha did with MPI a number of years ago.

I was given some information by two different sources. One was a Wyoming dealer that said there will be a stock mountain sled under 400lbs. And was also told a factory turbo. I guess we will find out in a couple weeks. I'm surprised Polaris hasn't purchased boondocker yet. They seem to work close enough together. I would be happy with a snow check only agility kit backed by a factory warranty. We shall see

A turbo exist but from what my dealer and people who have already rode the 2021 have said it’s not this year we will see it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People talk about how well the Poo 2.6 works... after riding an Alpha and an Expert I think it kind of sucks, it just FEELS like it spins and spins. Definitely time for an upgrade from the factory, and I think we’ll see that soon.

I put an X3 on this week, looking forward to seeing how it works.
156 X3 with TRS clutching and pro gears is WILD. So. Much. Fun.

Definitely a handful is steep terrain, but I finally have the sled I have wanted for so long.

My guess is no huge changes. No teasers like they've done the last so many years. I guess i can't remember if they showed anything early for the 850.

Obviously low handlebars on there as well. maybe the low will now be the standard instead of the mid being the standard.

Short tunnel and a 163 Khaos is my guess. If they had something really big they would be pumping people up by now with teasers.

That pic could simply be p-shopped off a SKS 155 - those are the bars on a SKS in 2020. Makes no difference. Short tunnel, new 3.5 pitch track(s) with QD is the least we can hope for. If it's less than that they are not going to gain any share from doo in 21.

The X3 track reviews compared to Polaris tracks on here always baffle me. I’ve ridden the x3 on many sleds, including back to back on similars Axys on a good snow day on tough climbs...and have never felt it do anything the OEM 2.6 wouldn’t. Always been underwhelmed by that track, but everyone on here seems to love it....different snow I guess.

The OEM 3” is a weird one...I find it much like an x3. A little too stiff. Both work good in denser snow, but dig in dryer stuff. Also when you get slowed down with either 3” and they start digging...they just kinda keep digging. The 2.6” spins more, but it doesn’t dig to China as much at slower ground speeds.

Much of the opinions I believe are based on where the person is riding and what type of riding they are doing.

I agree %100 with you on track preference but we often ride the same areas and encounter the same snow. I hated my 163x3 Polaris so much I kept it for one year. I love my 2.6. I have tried the X3 and it’s stiff like the poo 3” and I don’t like that I can’t slip it when I want to as easily. When you want to dive a leg in and spin around the 3” pushes more where I can spin the 2.6. Even geared down I haven’t liked the 3”. I tried a conqueror and was not impressed. I have not tried the Epic and I hear it’s quite a bit better? Maybe?

The Kootenays and Revy has had some decent fresh pow days and at no time did I find myself wanting a 3” for the riding we do. I am sure straight up climbs and big bowl riding the stiffer tracks work great but that’s less than %2 of my riding.

Anyways, just like manufacturer choice, track length choice and riding style choice we are fortunate enough to have choices. Just because it works well for one person doesn’t mean it works well for all.

Much of the opinions I believe are based on where the person is riding and what type of riding they are doing.

I agree %100 with you on track preference but we often ride the same areas and encounter the same snow. I hated my 163x3 Polaris so much I kept it for one year. I love my 2.6. I have tried the X3 and it’s stiff like the poo 3” and I don’t like that I can’t slip it when I want to as easily. When you want to dive a leg in and spin around the 3” pushes more where I can spin the 2.6. Even geared down I haven’t liked the 3”. I tried a conqueror and was not impressed. I have not tried the Epic and I hear it’s quite a bit better? Maybe?

The Kootenays and Revy has had some decent fresh pow days and at no time did I find myself wanting a 3” for the riding we do. I am sure straight up climbs and big bowl riding the stiffer tracks work great but that’s less than %2 of my riding.

Anyways, just like manufacturer choice, track length choice and riding style choice we are fortunate enough to have choices. Just because it works well for one person doesn’t mean it works well for all.

I rode 50 ish days in Sicamous/Revy and I’m the opposite rider preference I guess. I do all tree riding I would go back to the truck before spending a day in a open bowl no matter conditions lol
X3 and power claw are my favourite tracks. Stock 3” sucked and stock 2.6 was horrible found it slipped so much it actually made the sled way les controllable in not deep days and deep days it didn’t get on top. Also tried the conque and I agree on that one it was horrible probably the worst I’ve ever tried.

New track for polaris this year 3.5” pitch hopefully it’s durable too [emoji2938]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features

Back