• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 Polaris RMK

At this point, I don't care what new chassis/engine modifications come out. I've been a loyal Polaris rider for years, and the only thing I want is better quality in the engineering and parts design. I'm sick of little stuff breaking and things not being optimal on such a great sled. We all know what I'm talking about, garbage ski rubbers, cheap plastic pop rivets holding paneling in, not having a full length bumper and tweaking tunnels, footwells not being blocked off and ice piling up in the Quickdrive, I can go on and on. These sleds need better parts and durability upgrades, not a new chassis or a factory turbo.

^ha being from AK you would say you don't need a turbo.

Those of us riding 10,000 feet might feel a little different

Watched a RMSHA racer 'practicing' on his turbo yesterday. Holy crap - for those of us who only get to ride a handful of times a year we don't NEED a turbo! Damn that kid could ride - I would kill myself!

Evidently Polaris just filed for a patent on a new suspension ....

PLEASE do something about those ankle breaking toe loops. One should not have to cut them off or do modifications to them to save their ankles.

Just move the horizontal piece up 2" - still usable and problem solved!
I had never had trouble with any Polaris. Only the old revs once. Well, i just got hung by my alpha in alpine. Foot twisted sideways and was hung for about a half hour. Never got hurt and finally got out on my own but i now see how it can happen. Called my buddy on the radio and he said he would be a bit because he was stuck down below on his kaos. Told him i would just hang out. Luckily i got out on my own or i would have had to chew my leg off because he was really stuck. It took us a half hour to get him unstuck. He would have been another hour by himself. They all need to look at it. Talk about feeling like a turtle on your back.

Safety is about limiting potential, not I've never had a problem. If that was the case why put guarding on industrial pulleys. Just stay away from them and you will be fine, sounds dumb eh! Bottom line is poop happens. Those loops are potential for major injury.(cut mine off from day one)
I always wear a tether, even loading sled in the trailer. But I have never had my throttle stick .....till last week and talk about scary when in tight trees, had to jump off the sled and the tether saved my arse and the sled, hard to believe Polaris does not have this as standard equipment on a sled.

Watched a RMSHA racer 'practicing' on his turbo yesterday. Holy crap - for those of us who only get to ride a handful of times a year we don't NEED a turbo! Damn that kid could ride - I would kill myself!

Evidently Polaris just filed for a patent on a new suspension ....
Any more info on this said suspension patent?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Angry
Reactions: TRS
Since you guys are talking about the foot hoops, I'm currently kitting up the last of my Everett Ankle Savers for the year. It's been a super year, thanks to many of you! I had a projected 2 year supply made and went thru almost all of it in 4 months. I have about 24 sets left, if you need a set.

You can order at www.everettsports.net/anklesavers
e721b0030c53abff40a05bc54550dc8a.jpg

Any more info on this said suspension patent?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

US PTO application US2020/0047831. At least a portion of it includes scoops pressed in the tunnel for added airflow to coolant. Skid pics are torsion sprung, dual rail. Nothing to get too excited about.

Safety is about limiting potential, not I've never had a problem. If that was the case why put guarding on industrial pulleys. Just stay away from them and you will be fine, sounds dumb eh! Bottom line is poop happens. Those loops are potential for major injury.(cut mine off from day one)
I always wear a tether, even loading sled in the trailer. But I have never had my throttle stick .....till last week and talk about scary when in tight trees, had to jump off the sled and the tether saved my arse and the sled, hard to believe Polaris does not have this as standard equipment on a sled.

Yup. you never know. My nephew banged into his throttle block just right yesterday and popped it in two. Didn't even know that was possible but it is. Luckily he was in an open area because at that point the throttle did its own thing.

I had never had trouble with any Polaris. Only the old revs once. Well, i just got hung by my alpha in alpine. Foot twisted sideways and was hung for about a half hour. Never got hurt and finally got out on my own but i now see how it can happen. Called my buddy on the radio and he said he would be a bit because he was stuck down below on his kaos. Told him i would just hang out. Luckily i got out on my own or i would have had to chew my leg off because he was really stuck. It took us a half hour to get him unstuck. He would have been another hour by himself. They all need to look at it. Talk about feeling like a turtle on your back.

This is the problem with riding arctic cat when you get stuck the Polaris's can't get to you to help .

I turned out and pointed meaning we needed to go a different direction and he thought i meant go for it. There was a reason i turned out. He found out.

I just talked to my dealer and asked him what was coming. All he would say was " You're gonna want to Snowcheck". He had a chance to ride the new sled and since he's an ex RMSHA rider I think he knows what he's talking about. Of course like everyone he's under a gag order so he wouldn't elaborate. Interesting ....

I have a pretty good relationship with my dealer talk often and have probably bought 10 ish unites in the last 2 years or so.
I was told that 2021 will have some
Cool changes and a few upgrades but it’s not their big year.
I also just spend a week with One of polaris major sponsored riders so have a pretty good idea of some of the key changes. 2021 I will snow check but will most likely keep my 18 and 20 I believe 2022 is going to be a really big year for polaris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The boot loops and the tether are two things that Polaris should have fixed long ago. How hard could it be to talk to some guys who've got caught in them and figure out how to reshape it to eliminate the problem, or maybe better just to leave it off. I really shake my head on the tether. First, the cost required to add one to every off-trail sled should be a no-brainer; second, a better, sealed design should at least have been available as an option years ago. I've got the same style on my sled, and it started giving me trouble less than a year after I put it on.

I can also see the argument for better components and such. If I'm buying a new sled, I'd gladly pay an extra thousand or more for better quality pieces, especially wear items. That one's a little more difficult because so many buyers only care about the bottom line and/or ride so little they don't wear things out anyway, but I'd like to see it. The tether and boot loops are definitely in the "seriously Polaris?" territory though.

PG&A is much more profitable than selling new sleds, build them with the lowest cost bidder's parts and just get most of them through warranty. Re: hoops, don't think we'll see that until a new chassis - lawyers won't let them just take them off the Axys, it would be admitting a problem existed since the Pros. Hope I'm wrong.

I don’t know how so many people have issues with the boot loops I don’t think I’ve ever put my feet that far forward to even use them. I have tunnel dump 2 of my axys and my foot never even touch that. Can’t ride with the bars in your waste

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you the guys who have problems with it should just sue your boot manufacturers. If they weren't wearing fat clown shoe boots, they wouldn't have problems. I wear FXR helium lites and the toes aren't fat enough to get stuck in there. Coming off a Ski Doos my whole life I've grown accustomed to the hoops and like them. My only wish is Polaris would make more HP. After riding a new Expert yesterday I swear it feels like those sleds make 30 more HP than a 840 Patriot.

Charly, I agree on the expert going better then the Patriots, guy I ride with has a expert and the early release doo turbo. Been riding them both a far bit and polaris needs a track and some more hp forsure.

Premium Features

Back