• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016/17 Snowy Range snow conditions

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
Doesn't really matter, it's good. Snotels have been edging closer and closer to 100". 5" of water this week. It's an above average season so get out and ride!

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Which areas were you riding in? On 4th and 5th we had plenty of areas with 3' of powder.

We rode the whole mountain. A week ago it was 3' of fresh. It's still excellent riding but I just like to tell it exactly how it is. The snow from the last two weeks is setting up pretty fast......typical for the snowies.

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
Looking for a riding partner or small group to tag along with on Monday 1/16.

I live on the west side, know the Mtn well. Have avi training and gear. Aggressive rider.. not much for hammering meadows, I won't slow you down :face-icon-small-hap

Pm me-

Thanks

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Looking for a riding partner or small group to tag along with on Monday 1/16.

I live on the west side, know the Mtn well. Have avi training and gear. Aggressive rider.. not much for hammering meadows, I won't slow you down :face-icon-small-hap

Pm me-

Thanks
Ha, Ha. I think it's more like, people will slow you down. :face-icon-small-hap
How is your riding season going so far? We just got back from Island Park. Great there. Headed back out west somewhere the second week of March. We chase the snow. Happy New Year to you and your family!

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
Haha! Well ...U know me I'm just happy to ride!

So far I've only been able to get up a few times, darn WORK keeps getting in the way!

If you guys land here definitely look me up!

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Will do ob2! It would be great to hook up with you again, thanks! I had a job and it took me forty years to realize I hated it.:face-icon-small-win

OCDsledder

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2003
Cheyenne WY
Be careful in the meadows. Even with all this fresh snow there are still plenty of blow outs over creeks. Flat light yesterday afternoon took it's toll. Thanks for the help from a couple guys from Ft Collins and a group from Iowa. Snow was great. Traffic at Green Rock was ridiculous.

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
I really wanna ride Monday, but all my normal groups are unable to go. So if anyone is going and doesn't mind me tagging along.

Come on guys ! I'm really nice, have a good sense of humor, boyish good looks .. haha... :face-icon-small-win

dansyl159

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2008
SW Iowa
Ben, come on over to Heber Ut, you can ride with The Redhead and myself. Only 4ish or so hours from Saratoga. (-:

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
Ben, come on over to Heber Ut, you can ride with The Redhead and myself. Only 4ish or so hours from Saratoga. (-:

Thanks !

Monday is all I've got, working today and then back at it tuesday..otherwise I'd be heading that way !

Looks like it's gonna be truck to truck for me in the parking lot tomorrow.

I haven't been up in 2 weeks and I'm getting all itchy lol

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I rode Saturday. We were able to find some good snow but like said before it is setting up really fast. It will be rock hard by the weekend with the temperatures we will be seeing. Tomorrow and Thursday are supposed to be around 30*.

Premium Features