• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016/17 Snowy Range snow conditions

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
The fly shop in west laramie sells 110 by 5 gallon jugs. No idea on price.

I was going to post that too... But there price is so high its crazy! 3 yrs ago it was 75.00 for 5gal of VP110, which is 15.00/gal. Pretty much double the price it should be. dont know if its still that same price or not.

I would just play it safe and bring your own. Eric

A

aj1180

Dec 17, 2009
waukon ia
That is crazy for race gas. You could fill your whole tank with 100 ll at the airport on the way out. It's not like you need to go too far out of your way. Current price of av is 4.95/ gal as of dec 14th.

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
Today on the west side, only rode for two hours..

The new snowfall has really packed up the base, another two feet of depth and most of the land mines should be covered.

We didn't really play it to safe, and only found a few rocks and logs.

Last edited:
We have a small group of three headed out from iowa the 27 thru 31 or 1 if we find good snow. I've never ridden this side, rode Saratoga side last year...wheres the place to go thats not crazy wind blown??? Avy danger right now??? Everyone has beacons but I was hoping to find a local group to show us around the first day. 3 riders with varying levels of mountain experience...we won't be left behind but i know we wont outride the locals!

let me know if anyone can/would be willing to show us around...we are staying in laramie and trailering up every day...307-677-5230 just dont want to waste the first two days on tracks and wind blown snow....

C
Oct 22, 2013
western nebraska
ski resort reported 5" in the last 24 hrs. i've been watching the lodge web cam and its been snowing all day up there. i will be there hopefully friday and saturday hoping for a good foot of fresh :) they are under a winter weather advisory currently saying 5"-9" by tonight.

A

AMAX

Dec 22, 2014
Rode Monday on some fresh. Plenty of places with good snow but wind was brutal most of the day and moving snow around. No problem finding fun stuff but felt a few logs or rocks here and there. Needs a little more to be great and and to allow being a little less careful when bailing off into the unknown.

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
Looking to ride Saturday, if anyone is looking for an extra person. I ride from the west Ryan Park side been riding over there for a long time. I can be reached at 307-259-6713.

recreationist

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Laramie, WY
It was a tad windy yesterday. Albany parking lot was a clusterf@ck of epic proportions. :llama:

If you have pictures or can describe the parking lot situation you observed to me in a PM that would be great.
The Snowy Range Snowmobile Club is working with Wyoming State Trails to make sure the lot gets plowed out frequently enough and the snow is moved far to the sides so folks can park correctly in it.

Thanks.

Premium Features