• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 M8 not so strong.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Wow 5 engines in one year!!!! when did he have time to ride it? I love my Dragon, 1200 trouble free miles, but I do worry about the engine issues others are having. As a tall guy my sled fits me better than any of the other brands. I like the way Cat is going with the higher seat, adjustable bars and more powerful engine. My son had an 07 Doo Renegade and it was the biggest piece of crap we have ever owned, shredded 3 - $135 belts in 600Km's and was very hard to work on. I have some buddy's with new XP's and they love them, I think they are butt ugly. Most of them have had minimal troubles, so it seems it's the luck of the draw. I'm glad we all have choices in what we want to ride, all brands are much better than a few years ago, to each his own.

You think XPs are ugly:confused::confused:

This is what your mountain sled will look like in 2011:
polaris-rush-front-2010.JPG

2010%20POLARIS.jpg

What the hell is that rear end?:eek::eek:

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Wow 5 engines in one year!!!! when did he have time to ride it? I love my Dragon, 1200 trouble free miles, but I do worry about the engine issues others are having. As a tall guy my sled fits me better than any of the other brands. I like the way Cat is going with the higher seat, adjustable bars and more powerful engine. My son had an 07 Doo Renegade and it was the biggest piece of crap we have ever owned, shredded 3 - $135 belts in 600Km's and was very hard to work on. I have some buddy's with new XP's and they love them, I think they are butt ugly. Most of them have had minimal troubles, so it seems it's the luck of the draw. I'm glad we all have choices in what we want to ride, all brands are much better than a few years ago, to each his own.

No word of a lie, he has blown 5 engines. This could very well be that his dealer does not know what they are doing too.:beer;

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
No word of a lie, he has blown 5 engines. This could very well be that his dealer does not know what they are doing too.:beer;

Or Polaris. You cannot blame the blown motors on the dealers. There are way too many blown motors spread around the West to blame dealer setup.

A
Nov 27, 2007
Salmon Arm
Yeah cat 1 sucks, cat 2 sucks, cat 3 sucks, cat 4 sucks, cat 5 sucks, You know I think I will buy a Ski-doo now. How many engine do you think this guy will go through before he thinks ski-doo sucks.

2 doo's, 2 engines. 1 season. still like them, but I will admit the engine reliability does suck.

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta

I would think that five engines in one season does have something to do with who is working on it. As far as bad Polaris engines go have you guys read the Ski Doo thread on blown engines. Seems there is lots of grief to go around!!!

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
You think XPs are ugly:confused::confused:

This is what your mountain sled will look like in 2011:
polaris-rush-front-2010.JPG

2010%20POLARIS.jpg

What the hell is that rear end?:eek::eek:

I agree that is real ugly, sort of looks like an XP from the front!!! If that rear suspension works as advertized it won't look so bad from the seat. I'm really not brand loyal at all but my Ski Doo experience was not good, I own a Sea Doo and it's been a great machine.

wheresthesnow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
Kennewick, WA
I think I should ad to this topic, yeah, in the snow they are good. When you get on the other its just a ride so the other guys by you know like it. Then the Apex went up high.

wheresthesnow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
Kennewick, WA
I had read all the posts about the how's and why's of both sleds being great/sucky wheelbarrow's so I was going to ad my longwinded analysis of both sleds. My friend just got a new 09XP 154 and I rode it quite a bit the othe day, I have a 08 M8, and an Apex. Plus I wanted to see if I could make someone scratch their head a little. After riding the XP though, I cant tell if the M8 is the wheelbarrow or the Apex. JK, the XP, as well as the M8 have such different handling characteristics that its not legit to proclaim one to be better than the other. I really like that my friend got the XP, it adds a different sled to the mix for me to ride.

W

wyoscott

Dec 11, 2007
Sure has been entertaining reading. Sleds are a little like wives, ya gotta stand up for what ya ride. Rode the new cat, Polaris, and Skidoo. All good.Mines an 06 rev Goes pretty much with the new ones but not quite I think my most fun sled was a 97 powder special but back then any snow was fun to ride. Now,our group is so spoiled we wait for a storm to dump or there is no challenge for the new equipment We are lucky our jobs and close proximity to the snow give us this choice. In spite of the bickering I expect anyone posting here would probably help another get unstuck regardless of brand.Someone stir the pot and I will look forward to more entertaining reading!!

N

ndsled

Feb 24, 2009
If I read that article in Snow goer right, they said 2010 on the cover and for the other brands but for the arctic cat they actually just had a 2009. Can't find my magazine right now but was confused at first until I read it about 3 times. I probably should have double checked before posting but memory serves me right.

D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
m chassis riders are like banshee riders! they love their outdated machinery and refuse to believe in or try something new:beer; my .02

Hey now ,dont compare me with a Yamafag ! We love the tried and true , but we always look for the next big thing. The only reason the M is so famous is that it works VERY well .

I will have one or two new Chassis Cats on the snow next year . And i have been getting ripped by the M loyal cat guys . Next year is going to be interesting . And all i want to know is how the new mill likes boost. The stock HP #'s mean nothing to me . 160 HP is gay , 260 is ok but i dont like slow.

I am trying new stuff with my green backs , and it wont be anything close to a stock :light:sled.

Premium Features