• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 M8 not so strong.

That's funny "scared"! The only thing I'm scared of is totally wrecking my back on my 08 M8! I will never buy another prehistoric engineered Arctic Cat! That's my personal preference and experience. I know for a fact that my back would be screwed if I rode my M8 any more. I have had 5 cats in the last three years, M8's, M6's and they all rode like wagons no mater how the suspension was set up. And this really isn't just my opinion. I have rented and lent out these sleds numerous times and the feed back from guys that were used to riding other makes, skidoo guys especially, more often than not, complained about the rough ride. If it wasn't for my "other" smoother riding sled I wouldn't be riding. That's not bashing, that's reality. I'd rather fix my sled (skidoo) a few more times rather than have a bit more dependability and not enjoy it or be in pain while riding.

Why is it that doo guys biggest argument is how much better the summit rides on trails? Are they really that bad in the powder? These are mountain sleds who gives a crap how well they ride and handle on the trail. If you want to ride trails go buy a trail sled and quit whining about how bad your back hurts when you ride your M8. If you hate it so much why do you have it?

LMAO.........I thought I was the only one that noticed that! :D

I'm starting to wonder the same thing. I think if they wanna keep coming in here and stirring the pot, they should at least pay for the popcorn and beer.

Eh, Jeeper?;);)

Everyone has dumb posts on here and stirs the pot. I'm usually not one to stir the pot but felt like jumping in today. They both are good machines and the m does suck on the trail I'll give you that. But powder and technical tree riding the m is awesome. I haven't spent more than 20 minutes on an xp so maybe that's why I don't like it but it's definetly smoother on the trail...

On a side note at least I know how to spell "ridiculous" even though I'm only 19 ;)

You got me, I made a spelling mistake.:eek:. So basically your telling us you wanted to troll today. good job:face-icon-small-dis

Why is it that doo guys biggest argument is how much better the summit rides on trails? Are they really that bad in the powder? These are mountain sleds who gives a crap how well they ride and handle on the trail. If you want to ride trails go buy a trail sled and quit whining about how bad your back hurts when you ride your M8. If you hate it so much why do you have it?

Have you heard of the saying "week mind, strong back". Keep riding your Cat cuz I'm sure you have a strong back! Everybody rides trails to get to the powder, and sometimes they are rough. The roughness is only one of several things I dislike about the M's. I won't get into the others because that is a personal preference thing. The fact of the matter is when a large number of people complain of the horrible ride the stock cats give it's just not me alone "whining". So if I hate it so much why do I have it????? Got rid of 4 and one more to go. I won't ever consider buying a Cat until they upgrade their outdated design.

I'm not a Cat-man, and I will probably not become one either, but I for one hope that the new M8 is all that they claim. If it is then it probably will push the other OEMs to step up. Here in Sweden Polaris had a lot of mapping and power issues last 2 years, not so many engine issues though. Doo has had a lot of belt issues and some engine troubble as well.....

What I'm saying is that it is a good thing for all of the sport if a manufacturer makes a really good sled, it forces the other manufacturers to make their stuff better too.

Same thing here in Finland. I'd say AC is the only brand with really reliable 2 stroke packet at the moment (actually been few last years). All other brands seems to have more or less issues with their packets. BRP has been really really bad last years but still people keep buying them... stupid people :D

Yep, my sled sucks on the trails but I have it set up that way. Awesome in the powder.

Same thing here in Finland. I'd say AC is the only brand with really reliable 2 stroke packet at the moment (actually been few last years). All other brands seems to have more or less issues with their packets. BRP has been really really bad last years but still people keep buying them... stupid people :D

BRP has been really, really bad? I am surprised as I have heard nothing along those lines. If you were to pay attention you might know that Polaris is the sled that has been having most of the problems. I have friends that have the 08 or 09 Dragon 800 and they are on at least the 3rd motor on the same sled. In my opinion, that is a problem.

While it is true that my 08 XP got a new motor, it wasn't the fault of BRP. It was more of an oversight when the oil tank was replaced and an air bubble caused serious issues.

Other than a few minor things my 08 and 09 XPs were and are great sleds. Maybe because the Finns are having problems with XP might have something to do with Finnish mechanics. So before you spout off that folks that purchase XPs are stupid you might actually want to do some research as to what is happening in the mainstream.

So if I hate it so much why do I have it????? Got rid of 4 and one more to go. I won't ever consider buying a Cat until they upgrade their outdated design.

Yeah cat 1 sucks, cat 2 sucks, cat 3 sucks, cat 4 sucks, cat 5 sucks, You know I think I will buy a Ski-doo now. How many engine do you think this guy will go through before he thinks ski-doo sucks.

Last edited:
Do you guys know what cats are?

Satan's attempt at a Dog.

Do you know what cats are good for?

Nothing.

Here are a couple jokes to lighten the mood on this thread...

That's funny "scared"! The only thing I'm scared of is totally wrecking my back on my 08 M8! I will never buy another prehistoric engineered Arctic Cat! That's my personal preference and experience. I know for a fact that my back would be screwed if I rode my M8 any more. I have had 5 cats in the last three years, M8's, M6's and they all rode like wagons no mater how the suspension was set up. And this really isn't just my opinion. I have rented and lent out these sleds numerous times and the feed back from guys that were used to riding other makes, skidoo guys especially, more often than not, complained about the rough ride. If it wasn't for my "other" smoother riding sled I wouldn't be riding. That's not bashing, that's reality. I'd rather fix my sled (skidoo) a few more times rather than have a bit more dependability and not enjoy it or be in pain while riding.
I'm not lookin to get into bashfest 09, but the outdated ride characteristics of the M's is the only thing holding me back from buying one. I borrowed buddy's M8 for a day so my GF could ride my rev and I tweaked my back somethin fierce riding the trail how I usually ride it on my 07 rev....i.e. as fast as possible to get to the real riding. Ya that's not where the real mountain riding takes place, but it's a necessary evil to get up to the good stuff. On my doo, I can actually have fun doubling up the whoopties, but the heavy cat nose doesn't like to wheelie over the bumps and you just smash into them square on. At least they got the seat and bars up higher, because the 08 stock seat and handlebar config feels like riding an XLT

I'm starting to wonder the same thing. I think if they wanna keep coming in here and stirring the pot, they should at least pay for the popcorn and beer.

Eh, Jeeper?;);)
hehehehe, popcorn and beer on me.............. pj you hit the new posts button just like me........ I very rarely look at what forum it in, I just search this search this site for new info......... buddy rides a ski doo and I ride a cat, as the snow differs so do our sleds on different snow...... it makes for good competition............ as for the ski doo's I'm not afraid, bring it on!!!!!!!!! either way its always fun!!!!!! as for whoever said we all have to ride trails to get to where we ride...... uhhhhh nope I unload and I'm in the pow pow..... of course I live in the booneys!!!!!!!!

Jeepster

well yeah you'd have time to drink........ instead of fixin your ski doo.............:rolleyes::eek::D:D:beer;:beer;:beer;

but I guess you don't have any problem doin that, since xc does all your work for you............ hehehe............ takin the hit and gettin stitches, just so he has someone to ride with............:beer;

You got that right. A friend has gone through 5 engines on his 08 Dragon, not good.

Wow 5 engines in one year!!!! when did he have time to ride it? I love my Dragon, 1200 trouble free miles, but I do worry about the engine issues others are having. As a tall guy my sled fits me better than any of the other brands. I like the way Cat is going with the higher seat, adjustable bars and more powerful engine. My son had an 07 Doo Renegade and it was the biggest piece of crap we have ever owned, shredded 3 - $135 belts in 600Km's and was very hard to work on. I have some buddy's with new XP's and they love them, I think they are butt ugly. Most of them have had minimal troubles, so it seems it's the luck of the draw. I'm glad we all have choices in what we want to ride, all brands are much better than a few years ago, to each his own.

Premium Features

Back