• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 M8 not so strong.

S
Jan 29, 2009
Afton Wy.
even if the cat does have power it won't stay together long enough to beat anybody, I mean who the hell takes 4lbs off the crank, duh, it will be a re-run of the 2001 through 2008 ski-dont 600 & 800 motors, in the shop more than on the snow

T
Jan 19, 2009
Georgetown ca
I have to ask how someone can say the M chassis is outdated, its rider forward profile, narrow, centralized mass, I agree, its time for a face lift, but what chassis makes it aniquated?
I can ride them all and feel pretty good on them, the poo just feels rough and unrefined, the doo the foot wells are to far forward, the M fricken knees hit the firewall, or body panels.
They all have issues, but if we build a kittypoodoo we could have the best of everything.

T
Jan 19, 2009
Georgetown ca
even if the cat does have power it won't stay together long enough to beat anybody, I mean who the hell takes 4lbs off the crank, duh, it will be a re-run of the 2001 through 2008 ski-dont 600 & 800 motors, in the shop more than on the snow
When you go from a full circle to a t crank its not hard or a much of a reliability issue.

D
Jan 29, 2009
rider foward?

I have to ask how someone can say the M chassis is outdated, its rider forward profile, narrow, centralized mass, I agree, its time for a face lift, but what chassis makes it aniquated?
I can ride them all and feel pretty good on them, the poo just feels rough and unrefined, the doo the foot wells are to far forward, the M fricken knees hit the firewall, or body panels.
They all have issues, but if we build a kittypoodoo we could have the best of everything.

look at a pic of all the chassies from the last ten years if you still cant see it try finding pics with all the plastics removed:D if cat wouldve had trailing arms back then i think they would be on the m but just my .02:beer;

C

Concrete Mike

Dec 11, 2008
Cranbrook
after rideing a 2010 m8 yesterday it made my decision to rebuild my xrs easy.
yes the new 800 makes good power and is very responsive but it doesn't ride like the rev.Some new boltons and I believe i'll still be able
to compete in most conditions for another season.

Reactions: Doo37
W
Oct 29, 2001
Spokane
not even, think about it. you have to old 583's and arctic cats powder specail first "mountain sleds". then acrtic cat went to the king cats, skidoo came out with the revs. then arctic cat came out with the M series in 05, in 08 skidoo came out with the xps. so skidoo technically took awhile before they could come out with a sled to somewhat match the M dont worry arctic cat will come out with something better when the better sled (the m) gets beat. its not all about a straight shot up the hill. M series has proven that it can out preform the xp in many different catagories...

When your forum name is M7 Man it is a little tough to believe you would say anything good about anything but a kitty cat. Can't imagine you would be biased, LOL!!!

I will buy a new sled when somebody introduces something that "I feel" is vastly superior to my '07 REV.

M
Dec 23, 2007
Washington
When your forum name is M7 Man it is a little tough to believe you would say anything good about anything but a kitty cat. Can't imagine you would be biased, LOL!!!

I will buy a new sled when somebody introduces something that "I feel" is vastly superior to my '07 REV.

I really dont care...just lets you know what i ride..as I STATED before, i wasn't brand bashing...my buddies have revs..i like them, way different then my M, of course, but i am use to riding my M. If i rode his for a season or so i'd probably get use to it. I've rode a vast amount of sleds. Haven't had any time on the Xp except a little drive around a meadow so i cant tell you much about them. Power is there i can tell you that..but if the new m8 is a good as they say, power wise, then it could be one of Arctic cats biggest improvements in awhile. Me and my buddies switch sleds everyonce in awhile and we all talk about how different they are. But we go everywhere together. He has more power over me. Sure he beats me up a hill, wont deny it, but i have fun trying to push the sled to the limits, rather than just shoot right over it. A challege on the hill is what i like. :beer;

snowdog484

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Winsted, MN
I really dont care...just lets you know what i ride..as I STATED before, i wasn't brand bashing...my buddies have revs..i like them, way different then my M, of course, but i am use to riding my M. If i rode his for a season or so i'd probably get use to it. I've rode a vast amount of sleds. Haven't had any time on the Xp except a little drive around a meadow so i cant tell you much about them. Power is there i can tell you that..but if the new m8 is a good as they say, power wise, then it could be one of Arctic cats biggest improvements in awhile. Me and my buddies switch sleds everyonce in awhile and we all talk about how different they are. But we go everywhere together. He has more power over me. Sure he beats me up a hill, wont deny it, but i have fun trying to push the sled to the limits, rather than just shoot right over it. A challege on the hill is what i like. :beer;

I agree. Don't get me wrong, i love getting into the highmark wars, but to be able to ride like Burant or Rasmussen on a hill with all the trees they sidehill through. Just intense!

IQ?

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Vilhelmina,Sweden
www.facebook.com
My 2 very hardcore A/C friends went to the A/C demo ride
full of 160HP talk from there dealer....
They brought there -09 sleds with them,,
Took em out lined them up:
The better clutched -09 outperformed the-10 by 3-4 lengths....
But they liked the snappy/Revvy engine
But??They stick with there -09.
Not worth much but whats the hype?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I'm bored, Not bashing. I used to be a doo guy way back, then I couldn't afford it and came back into it all out a year and a half ago. I bought a 07 m1000 for hp and because of the engine issues with doo since 07(whether there where any or not thats what I heard then) I was a little worried and the m1000 was cheap. I piped the m1 right off and never got beat or even had a close run in with a xp, not on the trail or in the hills, they did get the whole shot though, (to much spinning and heavy). the closest competition I had was a pro hillclimber and short hills looked close but on long pulls I just kept pulling(mine was not average it would beat all the other m1 sleds I road with), I would like to have his sled though as a back up. this year went with a 09 m1000 and stock it would beat my modded m1000, feels completely different than the 07-08 m series like its a different chassis almost, hands down a better sled. I ran stock to stock against a guy that weighed 50lbs lighter than me and the xp had me a little worried, I was impressed with that sled, and was questioning my decision. After doing the usual mods to the 09 it is now 458lbs and rated within 5hp of 200hp and I have less than $1500 into it. It trenches the least out of the other makes of sleds I ride with and I'm the heaviest person(setup!!!), and am now very happy with my purchase. I do hate the stock rear suspension but can be fixed for $200. As far as someone saying they can wheelie through the bumps, this thing stands up as much or more than the xps I've road with. I have yet to see a xp beat a 09 m8, not saying they can't but would like to see and ride with someone that can outperform my sled on a xp less a turbo, or a m8 with comparable rider. So far I'm not sure the xp's I've ridden with came with a capable rider and since the chassis is so much different I can't judge it in one ride. So if there is anyone that would like to show me how they work let me know, I'll be ridding in McCall this weekend. I do like the free style ability of the doo. I personally think If you took two of the best riders the 2010 m8 is going to beat the 2010 xp on the hills and in the trees.

Now I'm going to need some popcorn and a rep. bail out program:D:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

Reactions: SafetyBob

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
I am sure the 2010 M8 will perform very well with the XP's and Dragons. But I have read in several mags and TV programs that it will have 155 HP not the 160+ that has been previously said.

I.P.Yellow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Has anyone thought about this? A manufacture can post hp numbers all they want. I want to know torque numbers. I want down low hp when I am looking at a short hill or a in a tight situation where I may need that low end grunt to get me out of it. Remember when A/C was set on the 140 hp number when the M7 came out. Yeah, it may have had 140 horse but the torque wasn't there. You had to run the thing WFO all the time to get you through the tuff spots. Plus it sucked fuel like an 1150 Cutler. I would be interested to see the torque specs compared to the Doo and Pol. Just my .02.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
you wont get specs until they hit the showroom, sucks but its always that way. its said that with the new port design and lighter crank it is going to be stronger off the bottom then ever before. My guess is it will range between 150-155hp and be better off the bottom. But who knows, thats why I never snowcheck anything.

Reactions: ACMtnCat

Yamaha24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007

What does me being 19 years old have to do with anything?

I will tell you what it means all us older guys are jealous and wish we were 19 again and tearing up the mountains!!!! BRAAAPP:face-icon-small-win:D:D:beer;:beer; :beer; except you are not allowed to have the brew yet!!!

Premium Features