• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 M8 not so strong.

Heater15

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Brandon MB
M8

The AC rep said the 2010 M8 was more than capable of making 160+ hp, but they have dialed it down to 155hp so they wouldn't be heaps of sh!t like the doo's and the poo's. Poo and doo riders are terrified because the previous 142-147hp M8's could do everything the RMK or XP's can do and much more. Better stock up on diapers, the 155hp M8 is going to have you pooping your panties!

Reactions: Bacon

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
The AC rep said the 2010 M8 was more than capable of making 160+ hp, but they have dialed it down to 155hp so they wouldn't be heaps of sh!t like the doo's and the poo's. Poo and doo riders are terrified because the previous 142-147hp M8's could do everything the RMK or XP's can do and much more. Better stock up on diapers, the 155hp M8 is going to have you pooping your panties!

I am not terrified of a M8, I rode with a couple M1000s today, well I need not tell you what happened. Let's put it this way, engine size does not make the sled, the rider does.

mgdjeepster

Lifetime Membership
that is a very agree-able statement............ one of my buddies rode one of my other buddies 09 xp's this weekend and made the highmark on him by way far and on his 910 polaris 04 chassis........... rider ability for sure........... don't know if that makes sense......... the 910 was his.........

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Hehehe........... yeah a polaris, or maybe a cat.......... maybe a vintage chassis 07 M1000 but has not had any problem walkin all over your 09 summit X's.......... I like ridin my buddies 09 xp but it has not kept up with mine........... granted I do have 200cc's over him (apples and oranges)............. but not according to the ski doo guys............ don't get me wrong I like that chassis but I got a good deal on mine where ski doo wouldn't even deal...........

Yeah, I have no problem dominating M1000's like yours, I will highmark you all day no problem. I have done it several times this year riding against a piped 09 M8 LE and M1000.

Last edited:
B
Dec 16, 2007
cat

M8 and M1 can you say rut cutter everyone that I have ever rode with can't fight there way out of a wet paper sack. They trench like a *****.

WYrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Gillette, WY
WOW looks like I should have snowchecked a 2010 XP instead of a 2010 M8. I did not know all theses facts about XP's.

I snowchecked an M8 this spring and am coming off a REV. Why is the M chassis so outdated just because its 6 years old? If it rides with the Doo's and the Dragon's whats so outdated about that? I like the chassis much more than the XP's, But i'm sure I would be just fine on an XP if I had lots of seat time on one. 09 M8 are doing a good job this year holding there own against other higher HP sleds, So it sounds like 150 hp will be more than acceptable to compete and outperform with the XP's. And if its 160 HP.... Well not much has to be said there. Either way I will be happy.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
M8 and M1 can you say rut cutter everyone that I have ever rode with can't fight there way out of a wet paper sack. They trench like a *****.

What? That is the most ridiculous thing I have read on this forum in a while. And that is saying alot!!

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
ya well you got the most bad@ss XP around the pine pass these days....the only thing himarking you would possibly would be a race gas turbo.

has that new mod of yours running?

Thanks, but my point is, who cares about the brand name thingy all new stock sleds are very close in HP and Performance. From the top of the climb looking down all the stock highmarks look the same.:D

Sled ran perfect yesterday up Tumbler, but the snow coverage was melting quick. Lots of rocks and stumps showing. We need one last dump of the white stuff.

Last edited:
C

CO_MapMaker

Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
Why is it always brand vs brand when it should be rider vs rider?

Ski doo, Polaris or Cat don't win hillclimbs or sno-x, the riders do. I hope people don't buy one sled vs another thinking it will make them a better rider. Yes a nice new sled/chassis helps, but it is all about the riding, not the sled. The new mtn. sleds are all so close now, it is just rider preference.

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I have to say I really enjoy reading the forums when all the doo guys get a little offended or scared it really makes me laugh. All the doo guys are the same well most of them anyways. Always think they are the sh*t but in reality they are not. Who cares what you ride what year you ride and how good you ride as long as your having fun isn't that why we all sled? Because it's the most fun relaxing thing to do? I spent half a day on a 99 600 powder special and even though it was no where near my sled I still had a blast riding it just cause I was out riding. Everyone quit your bit**ing and go ride and have fun. The reason a dog barks is cause it gets scared...the reason doo guys are bashing is cause they are getting scared..

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Because it's the most fun relaxing thing to do? doo guys are bashing is cause they are getting scared..

Scared, ROFLAO. Someone trying to shoot me with a gun would scare me, not a brand name. Relaxing while mountain sledding, is there such a thing? You damn Cat guys, LOL.

Just noticed that your 19 years old, good for you.:beer; whoops your not old enough yet! sorry

Last edited:
A
Nov 27, 2007
Salmon Arm
I have to say I really enjoy reading the forums when all the doo guys get a little offended or scared it really makes me laugh. All the doo guys are the same well most of them anyways. Always think they are the sh*t but in reality they are not. Who cares what you ride what year you ride and how good you ride as long as your having fun isn't that why we all sled? Because it's the most fun relaxing thing to do? I spent half a day on a 99 600 powder special and even though it was no where near my sled I still had a blast riding it just cause I was out riding. Everyone quit your bit**ing and go ride and have fun. The reason a dog barks is cause it gets scared...the reason doo guys are bashing is cause they are getting scared..

That's funny "scared"! The only thing I'm scared of is totally wrecking my back on my 08 M8! I will never buy another prehistoric engineered Arctic Cat! That's my personal preference and experience. I know for a fact that my back would be screwed if I rode my M8 any more. I have had 5 cats in the last three years, M8's, M6's and they all rode like wagons no mater how the suspension was set up. And this really isn't just my opinion. I have rented and lent out these sleds numerous times and the feed back from guys that were used to riding other makes, skidoo guys especially, more often than not, complained about the rough ride. If it wasn't for my "other" smoother riding sled I wouldn't be riding. That's not bashing, that's reality. I'd rather fix my sled (skidoo) a few more times rather than have a bit more dependability and not enjoy it or be in pain while riding.

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Scared, ROFLAO. Someone trying to shoot me with a gun would scare me, not a brand name. Relaxing while mountain sledding, is there such a thing? You damn Cat guys, LOL.

Just noticed that your 19 years old, good for you.:beer; whoops your not old enough yet! sorry

What does me being 19 years old have to do with anything?

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
What does me being 19 years old have to do with anything?
It means you probably havent ridden a clutched REV XP or RT1000 so you have no clue how nice it is havent a sled with serious low end balls, a 16 wide track, and a chassi that doesnt even shutter.. The XP is a little brittle for me but i still love riding them, just wouldnt buy one. I would buy 10 revs though or RT1000s. As of yesterday my bros selling his M7 and getting an RT1000 with me, all it took was 10 minutes on the rev yesterday as his junk show cat was broken and left at the cabin, again. I love my cats but i love my 1M bigbore chassi cats lol, the Ms are okay in deep as far as that 15 wide will get them. I agree with the guy that said they are trenchers because they are. We both expected so much more out of the Powerclaw.. BTW, im 20! Get yourself a Clutchd doo and dont look back

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I could tell you are a teenager as soon as I read your ridicules post."Scared" LOL:rolleyes:

Everyone has dumb posts on here and stirs the pot. I'm usually not one to stir the pot but felt like jumping in today. They both are good machines and the m does suck on the trail I'll give you that. But powder and technical tree riding the m is awesome. I haven't spent more than 20 minutes on an xp so maybe that's why I don't like it but it's definetly smoother on the trail...

On a side note at least I know how to spell "ridiculous" even though I'm only 19 ;)

Premium Features