• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 vs 07 800 rev

X

x-guy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 12, 2007
Vancouver, BC
If you like to carve and sidehill.....put a blindfold on and ride both, I bet you pick the 07 and think it's the newer of the 2....

x2 a little shift in my weight and you can carve that thing like nothing else, its almost silly how easy they are to sidehill once set up for you, its alot of fun to ride and by far my favorite machine, it would be that much better without the engine/clutching issues.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
It's nice to see guy's enjoying there 07 sleds, I have always liked the Rev platform.:beer;

Last edited:
T

Tackbtch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 12, 2004
Trout Creek MT
I find it tough to believe that you sold your xp to go back to an 07 model but hey its your opinion.
I dont own a XP....but have rode plenty of them, and I will stick with my 06. Yes my 06 wont climb as fast but I still get there and like the handleing of the 06 better. Havent rode a 07 so I cant compare the two. But I would buy a 06 before a 07 just because of the engine problems. Dino

O
Nov 27, 2007
vermillion, sd
x2 a little shift in my weight and you can carve that thing like nothing else, its almost silly how easy they are to sidehill once set up for you, its alot of fun to ride and by far my favorite machine, it would be that much better without the engine/clutching issues.

Thats very interesting info. I would much rather spend a day in the trees than sitting at the bottom of a big hill climbing once every half hour.

H

highmark289

Feb 11, 2008
columbia falls MT
I dont own a XP....but have rode plenty of them, and I will stick with my 06. Yes my 06 wont climb as fast but I still get there and like the handleing of the 06 better. Havent rode a 07 so I cant compare the two. But I would buy a 06 before a 07 just because of the engine problems. Dino

i rode a few to and have not been impressed with them either. i can do stuff on my rev just as easy or easier them on the xp. nice sled and all i just figured it would be a big difference. just like when i jumped from my zx to the rev

oh yeah and another vote for the 06! :beer;:beer;

X
Apr 26, 2009
I have a 07 XRS, it haven't been a bad sled at all to me. I have 2600km on it & not one break down. I have done a few Upgrades but the engine is still stock. I have the twin crank shops on mine & the team roller secondary, it seem to run pretty strong. But I decided to give the new Xp A try this year & snow checked a 2010, I will give that a try for a couple of years now..

Premium Features