• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stop Ride Brake Fix - anyone ridden a sled with the update yet?

B

Boosted Billy Goat

Oct 5, 2021
Thunder Bay, Ontario
rode with a 9r with update today. He had engine cut out during a hill climb like 5 times. Was very annoying. Otherwise loved the sled. I haven't done my 22 boost yet. Waiting to hear if update improves 22 boost fuel map/performance. If not I will not get update.
Respectfully….This makes zero sense…who in the world taps or rides the brake doing hill climbs? I must be doing it wrong lol…I got my 22’ boost reflash Ed this week, just ride fire roads with about 1-2’ of pow…I had to try to get the warning to come up and it still barely did, i did numerous throttle and brake scenarios quickot, then both randomly for one or two secondos…zero warnings or issues. Thus is clearly for guys who think they are barandt and one finger the brake fir long periods to perhaps control side hilling while on constant throttle etc. people are making this out to be the end of the world, but I think it will be fine…and yes, a real fix will be out for the off season. Ride it like you stole, that’s what warranty is for. life’s too short, have fun.

B

Boosted Billy Goat

Oct 5, 2021
Thunder Bay, Ontario
And I did notice there is no reverse beeping now with reflash..and maybe some new handle bar heat gauge popped up on th3 7s in bottom right corner that I’ve never seen. So it seems there are some Easter eggs with this update as well. Anyone notice anything else?

K
Apr 12, 2018
Since it was previously discussed here, I keep thinking that unplugging that brake light indicator switch (the little white button, that when released, makes the brake light turn on) is going to be the only way the computer won't think you're applying the brake.

Only downside I can think of is your buddy behind won't get to see a brake light for its intended purpose. If one is ever out riding in the dark a brake light is pretty valuable.
It's OK. Poo poo guys are used to being hit from behind.

K
Apr 12, 2018
Respectfully….This makes zero sense…who in the world taps or rides the brake doing hill climbs? I must be doing it wrong lol…I got my 22’ boost reflash Ed this week, just ride fire roads with about 1-2’ of pow…I had to try to get the warning to come up and it still barely did, i did numerous throttle and brake scenarios quickot, then both randomly for one or two secondos…zero warnings or issues. Thus is clearly for guys who think they are barandt and one finger the brake fir long periods to perhaps control side hilling while on constant throttle etc. people are making this out to be the end of the world, but I think it will be fine…and yes, a real fix will be out for the off season. Ride it like you stole, that’s what warranty is for. life’s too short, have fun.
Talk to any hill climber and you'll learn they ride the brake into the turns with the throttle wide open. Bet those guys won't be having this flash done. Or, any of the sponsored guys who have been posting videos during this don't ride crisis.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Talk to any hill climber and you'll learn they ride the brake into the turns with the throttle wide open. Bet those guys won't be having this flash done. Or, any of the sponsored guys who have been posting videos during this don't ride crisis.

Former hill climber. Yup, even 20 years ago. Not just on hard pack courses, but in the boonies when you need to carry momentum past a hairy section and jamb on the brakes to avoid hitting an obstacle and maneuver around it instead, or control the angle of the nose back down or up if your about to go airborne and keep from landing on you’re head or ass. Better have your hand on it ready to hit that sweet spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B
Apr 2, 2012
Took my 20 850 in for a drive that spun out from the " fix " They they did the tank fix , now it has a rough idle at start up. The drive was coverd by warranty.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
The few 22 boost i know with the brake flash, now have the overheat warning come on at 158f now. Anyone else notice this ?

Steep&DeepRider

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2007
Austin, MN
Just got the call from my dealership tonight. Mine's done!
I had the standard gauge and as of two days ago they were telling me they hadn't even gotten the update for it yet, they only had the 7S display update, and we're the were being updated and fixed.
I am super stoked!!!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Just got the call from my dealership tonight. Mine's done!
I had the standard gauge and as of two days ago they were telling me they hadn't even gotten the update for it yet, they only had the 7S display update, and we're the were being updated and fixed.
I am super stoked!!!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Yes, as of today, all Matryx RMKs have an available reflash.

The 2022 standard gauge was the last to be released.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
rode mine all day yesterday. did not change my riding style. ride with the my finger on the brake, not engaged. never an issue.
my '23 9R lever/MC has way more range than my '22.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan

Hey Murph:
So are all us guys with the 22 boost sleds getting the updated 23 mapping as part of the brake recall? My boost has been pig rich since the beginning and would love to see the 23 map in my sled. When I inquired about getting the 23 map from my dealer earlier this season I was told it wasn’t an option. Fingers crossed that the brake recall has the 23 map with it!!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Make sure your dealer does a power valve relearn when doing brake flash.

22 boost. Got it done. Dealer insisted it would be fine. What do ya know. Powervalve check failure code. No issues with runability but don't much enjoy a code up all day. Brief ride due to exploded track so can't comment on rideability or fuel usage.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Hey Murph:
So are all us guys with the 22 boost sleds getting the updated 23 mapping as part of the brake recall? My boost has been pig rich since the beginning and would love to see the 23 map in my sled. When I inquired about getting the 23 map from my dealer earlier this season I was told it wasn’t an option. Fingers crossed that the brake recall has the 23 map with it!!
The dealer can no longer choose what mapping is installed.

The hook it up and the “system” does its thing.

If “skynet” determines that you get a new map? Then you get a new map.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Hey Murph:
Yes 2023 map comes with the Brake recall

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Well personally for me this brake reflash sucks! I ride with my finger on the brake all the time - had the damn thing trigger three times on Sunday. You have 4 seconds to release the brake once you've triggered the light. After 4 seconds you go into limp mode and top rpm is 6,000 AND you can't just let off the brake and it will go out of limp mode (or at least I couldn't). I had to stop and shut the machine off to reset it. First time I was riding up a mild creek drainage dodging trees and using the brake occasionally to check forward progress. I had no idea what the F was going on at first but all of sudden I lost power. Luckily I was in a spot that I could stop and restart the machine without getting stuck. Second time no idea what was going on but third time was the doozy! I came down a steep hill, nowhere to go but back up, braked to make the turn and must have ridden it a bit too long, pulled up to make the climb out and had 6,000 rpms. Needless to say it got real ugly real quick. I have to say I don't like the idea of unplugging the brake light but I don't see another option. Luckily the slash makes such a rooster tail I don't get many riders getting too close behind me!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Well personally for me this brake reflash sucks! I ride with my finger on the brake all the time - had the damn thing trigger three times on Sunday. You have 4 seconds to release the brake once you've triggered the light. After 4 seconds you go into limp mode and top rpm is 6,000 AND you can't just let off the brake and it will go out of limp mode (or at least I couldn't). I had to stop and shut the machine off to reset it. First time I was riding up a mild creek drainage dodging trees and using the brake occasionally to check forward progress. I had no idea what the F was going on at first but all of sudden I lost power. Luckily I was in a spot that I could stop and restart the machine without getting stuck. Second time no idea what was going on but third time was the doozy! I came down a steep hill, nowhere to go but back up, braked to make the turn and must have ridden it a bit too long, pulled up to make the climb out and had 6,000 rpms. Needless to say it got real ugly real quick. I have to say I don't like the idea of unplugging the brake light but I don't see another option. Luckily the slash makes such a rooster tail I don't get many riders getting too close behind me!
I just can’t imagine having it happen and not unplugging the sensor immediately….. ?

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
Is it confirmed by users that unplugging the sensor revolves this issue? There is not another override built into the ecu. My 23 has not arrived yet so cant test it for myself.

Premium Features