• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First ride on 24’ boost

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Took the 24’ boost out for a little rip about 10 days ago and got 20 break in miles on before the real snow came.
Well, we got a huge dumping last week and it was game on this last weekend. I got 20 trail miles on last week, so I wasn’t going to hold back. The boost ran very well. It’s a 155x3.25 rmk slash, added diamond-s can and lite weight battery. We got into some pretty amazing over the hood snow. Throttle response is much improved. It’s very responsive now. It’s now a wheelie machine, not a good thing. Way worse than any doo turbo I’ve ridden. I had to fight to keep the front end from coming over on me. Throttle control was key. The 3.25 seriously hooks up! About half way through the day I stopped and tightened the limiter strap one hole and cranked up the rear shock preload almost all the way. (I'm about 220lbs fully dressed). That helped quite a bit. We were riding at close to 10,000ft, long, wide open pull was seeing 8600-8700rpm (factory clutching) and getting close to 50mph track speed. Was running real good by the end of the day. Over all pretty impressed with the sled. The best part, Zero bog! My 22’ boost with air box vents was pretty much unridable in these snow conditions when the hood would get covered with snow. The 24’ would run just as hard with the hood and intakes completely piled with snow. Over all pretty impressed. Not sure if the 3.25 will stay on. I’ll give it a couple more rides before it gets replaced by a freeride 3”.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Took the 24’ boost out for a little rip about 10 days ago and got 20 break in miles on before the real snow came.
Well, we got a huge dumping last week and it was game on this last weekend. I got 20 trail miles on last week, so I wasn’t going to hold back. The boost ran very well. It’s a 155x3.25 rmk slash, added diamond-s can and lite weight battery. We got into some pretty amazing over the hood snow. Throttle response is much improved. It’s very responsive now. It’s now a wheelie machine, not a good thing. Way worse than any doo turbo I’ve ridden. I had to fight to keep the front end from coming over on me. Throttle control was key. The 3.25 seriously hooks up! About half way through the day I stopped and tightened the limiter strap one hole and cranked up the rear shock preload almost all the way. (I'm about 220lbs fully dressed). That helped quite a bit. We were riding at close to 10,000ft, long, wide open pull was seeing 8600-8700rpm (factory clutching) and getting close to 50mph track speed. Was running real good by the end of the day. Over all pretty impressed with the sled. The best part, Zero bog! My 22’ boost with air box vents was pretty much unridable in these snow conditions when the hood would get covered with snow. The 24’ would run just as hard with the hood and intakes completely piled with snow. Over all pretty impressed. Not sure if the 3.25 will stay on. I’ll give it a couple more rides before it gets replaced by a freeride 3”.
Khaos or Pro?

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
I wonder what they changed to fix the snow covered intake bog because its brutal if your riding deep Revelstoke powder. Has anyone figured out what they did to fix it?

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
It’s not so stupid rich on the bottom end so less prone to bogging.

Like all turbo’s the death spiral of bogging on the bottom can be a very small difference to start the bog or not.
is this a new tune for '24? if so, can the older sleds be updated?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Yes, I was told the biggest change for the deep snow bog is the new tune. I really think this track is going to hurt some people this year, especially people who don’t know how to adjust the suspension and have good throttle control. The way the sled comes set up from the factory, on the hill, throttle to the bar, it comes over on you really fast. You have to be in constant awareness with what the sled is doing and the throttle position to keep the front end down and the sled in control. There is no just hold throttle to the bar until you get to the top (like you could with the 2.75”).

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
thought that was to address false power valve codes, etc...
does in include rideability performance?🤷🏻‍♂️

boost update.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Stoked to get out on my 24 3.25 155 khaos this weekend.

Gonna bring my 78g weights from my 22 in case it's pulling 8700😂 I love some good rpm but that's kinda wild.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Yes, I was told the biggest change for the deep snow bog is the new tune. I really think this track is going to hurt some people this year, especially people who don’t know how to adjust the suspension and have good throttle control. The way the sled comes set up from the factory, on the hill, throttle to the bar, it comes over on you really fast. You have to be in constant awareness with what the sled is doing and the throttle position to keep the front end down and the sled in control. There is no just hold throttle to the bar until you get to the top (like you could with the 2.75”).
I agree especially 155s. When I switched my khaos boost to the doo track last year it was almost unmanageable especially for climbing. Once you pinned the throttle it would want to wheelie over. Let off then try to get back into it you would just auger down. Hopefully the 24s have a smoother power curve that would help a lot.

jeeper8650

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2016
Agree with the 24 Boost it runs WAYY stronger than my 22/23. Also on a 155 Khaos Boost but I love the ability to bowtie, wheelie, etc almost instantly. The 325 track hooks up super hard, rode headlight deep snow all day in colorado and it got up on the snow easy as long as you dont hammer it out of the hole. That said I also have a 165 boost pro for when I want to "make it to the top". Certainly going to reflash the 23 if its an option to give it a try.

Anyway, after riding the 22/23 pretty stoked on the small updates in 24 which is great out of the box. If only they would get rid of that stupid plastic throttle block that ices up, sticks open and goes on "autopilot". At least thats cheap to fix...

D
Jan 25, 2010
Agree with the 24 Boost it runs WAYY stronger than my 22/23. Also on a 155 Khaos Boost but I love the ability to bowtie, wheelie, etc almost instantly. The 325 track hooks up super hard, rode headlight deep snow all day in colorado and it got up on the snow easy as long as you dont hammer it out of the hole. That said I also have a 165 boost pro for when I want to "make it to the top". Certainly going to reflash the 23 if its an option to give it a try.

Anyway, after riding the 22/23 pretty stoked on the small updates in 24 which is great out of the box. If only they would get rid of that stupid plastic throttle block that ices up, sticks open and goes on "autopilot". At least thats cheap to fix...
What's the best throttle block replacement option on these?

jeeper8650

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2016
Skinz, TKI, and a few other make billet/AL blocks that replace it easy and opens it up so snow doesn't pack in it.

Premium Features