• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 Boost Expert Ride Report (The new and improved aluminum "lighter" weight boat anchor)

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
For those of you who think you need to do this please consider making it out of a thick rubber truck mudflap, instead of aluminum. I have done both in the past and for teeter-tottering on logs, the rubber option is much better. If you rivet it on while holding the "v" shape it is very strong against the snow but will flatted if on a log.
My N/A bogs a bit in heavy, deep snow too. Thinking this would be the best for fixing that.

IMG_3684.jpeg

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Here’s a couple pics of what I did on mine. In deep Revy snow every time I would get the exhaust side down in the snow it would bog. This 1” extension I made has totally eliminated that issue.
i did this to my sled. still get a slight bog on right hand turns in the deep. seems better, but wondering if what else i should start looking at doing...?

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Snow consistency makes the bog show up more. Fluffy dry, not as bad. Heavy snow seems to be the worst.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
i did this to my sled. still get a slight bog on right hand turns in the deep. seems better, but wondering if what else i should start looking at doing...?
What year is it? Because I hear the 24's are much better because they run cleaner and don't get choked out as easy. My 24 has yet to bog.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
What year is it? Because I hear the 24's are much better because they run cleaner and don't get choked out as easy. My 24 has yet to bog.
it's a '23, but it has the latest update. I have heard that the latest update is actually the '24 map, but I don't know for sure???

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
it's a '23, but it has the latest update. I have heard that the latest update is actually the '24 map, but I don't know for sure???
I believe it is. Not sure why you might be having issues but watch Brett Turcott's Youtube video from about a year ago where he compares the 9R to the Boost and how the Boost would bog. Have you done any clutching that might load the motor at a lower RPM than stock?

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
24 runs a lot better. Still can get the 24 to bog in certain situations. I put the boondocker tunnel dump on my 23, zero bogs now when I use to get a few a day.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
I believe it is. Not sure why you might be having issues but watch Brett Turcott's Youtube video from about a year ago where he compares the 9R to the Boost and how the Boost would bog. Have you done any clutching that might load the motor at a lower RPM than stock?

100% stock

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
rode stupid deep snow yesterday. sled bogged, not bad, but it was there. i think it had both intake and exhaust causes. definitely was there on right turns, but could generally work out of it. also occasionally riding straight or turning left. i attribute that to blocked intake vents. i was wiping the vents all day.
i think i need to do something to the intake, just not sure what/which?

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
rode stupid deep snow yesterday. sled bogged, not bad, but it was there. i think it had both intake and exhaust causes. definitely was there on right turns, but could generally work out of it. also occasionally riding straight or turning left. i attribute that to blocked intake vents. i was wiping the vents all day.
I think the boondocker vent has good reviews. I have them on mine but have yet to be in deep snow

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta

I installed the Silber intake elbow, but yet to ride deep enough powder to give it an honest review.

63c3e04b2b286ca9bab5d0e5c29ebda8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
I installed the Silber intake elbow, but yet to ride deep enough powder to give it an honest review.

63c3e04b2b286ca9bab5d0e5c29ebda8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That Silber intake 90 works awesome. I’ve sold over a dozen to guys in Revy. It eliminates the issue. Just sent 9 more out that way to guys that have ridden with buddies that have them.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I did both sides Ibexx. I would say it was better but still had bogs. Also broke one on the second ride. I would try the boondocker or 3D logic ribkage next time.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
I did both sides Ibexx. I would say it was better but still had bogs. Also broke one on the second ride. I would try the boondocker or 3D logic ribkage next time.
I suggest going with the silber intake like the above pictures, it not only addresses the snow plugged factory vents but it also fixes the weak factory 90* rubber that collapses once it gets hot.

Premium Features