• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stop Ride Brake Fix - anyone ridden a sled with the update yet?

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
this is an interesting and enlightening concept. guessing allstate isnt allowed to tell us this :)
Yeah. It was a crazy situation. I dealt with a lot of Ag customers. Was getting fairly regular guys farming sunflowers would loose a combine. Would take us a year to reach settlement between us, JD using Yost and Bail as our representatives at joint inspections, settling with the customer and moving the salvage off their property. All Said and done we usually got 50%-70% back on average from JD. Everybody was happy apparently except JD. Once they got a new VP he put the brakes on and suddenly we were taking a year and a half to settle a half million dollar combine loss. Farmers getting pissed that they see their burned up combine sitting in the field the whole time. Then were recovering $0 and suddenly premiums shoot up because of it. Now in the area where I had a lot of sunflower farmers they're very few still raising flowers and swap to corn or sorgum instead of bucking up that extra $$ they would make on flowers only to give it away to the insurance man to pay the higher premium for the exposure of dealing with flowers.

Also comes to mind on Jeep Wranglers. I had a couple burn up and fire investigation lead to the firewall area behind the engine on the passenger side. Jeep had a service bulletin and a recall for it. Because the customer never took it in, Jeep claimed not their fault, that they did their due dilligence to protect the public by issuing the recall and notified the customer. And they are right, they cant make the customer come in and it is the customer responsibility. We paid our insured but we never recovered anything on it from Jeep. Just chalk it up to another loss, increase the insureds risk factor, raise the rate a little and move on.

DBRK

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2008
Bozeman MT
I had the update done on my '22 850 Matryx (regular gauge) this morning. It was in for the fuel tank recall, and they did this update as well since the standard gauge version is now available. I took it for a test ride and it was throwing a check engine light, code 520337. Took it back to the dealer and they did an exhaust valve relearn and that cleared up the check engine light. There was another guy at the dealer who had the update done and was having the same engine light. Apparently there is nothing in the Polaris official procedure to do an exhaust valve relearn, but it seems to be needed after the update.

I went for a quick rip up and down the road, you have to ride the brakes quite a lot to get the warning to pop up on the gauge. I use the brakes frequently while riding technical terrain, but I don't think I ever ride them enough to have the update be an issue. It seems like if you let off the brakes as soon as it pops up on the gauge you are able to continue riding normally and it goes away. If you don't let up right away the power is very restricted and you have to restart the sled. If you were riding WOT and triggered the exhaust valves to close I would think it could throw you over the bars due to the sudden change in power.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I had the update done on my '22 850 Matryx (regular gauge) this morning. It was in for the fuel tank recall, and they did this update as well since the standard gauge version is now available. I took it for a test ride and it was throwing a check engine light, code 520337. Took it back to the dealer and they did an exhaust valve relearn and that cleared up the check engine light. There was another guy at the dealer who had the update done and was having the same engine light. Apparently there is nothing in the Polaris official procedure to do an exhaust valve relearn, but it seems to be needed after the update.

I went for a quick rip up and down the road, you have to ride the brakes quite a lot to get the warning to pop up on the gauge. I use the brakes frequently while riding technical terrain, but I don't think I ever ride them enough to have the update be an issue. It seems like if you let off the brakes as soon as it pops up on the gauge you are able to continue riding normally and it goes away. If you don't let up right away the power is very restricted and you have to restart the sled. If you were riding WOT and triggered the exhaust valves to close I would think it could throw you over the bars due to the sudden change in power.
Was it just a CEL or did the performance of the sled seem off too?

S
Dec 7, 2021
Alberta
I was told this morning that there's no brake reflash yet for the regular gauge. Hope that's not true cause mine is in transit to the dealer right now.
Also hope that guy was just feeding me BS.

DBRK

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2008
Bozeman MT
Was it just a CEL or did the performance of the sled seem off too?
Not sure... I wasn't able to get on the gas much where I was testing it out. It would start and idle with no CEL, it came on at about 4500-5000 rpm. I could shut the sled off and light turned off, but as soon as it revved up a bit would come back on. Happened 3 times in a row and I loaded it up and went back to dealer. Once they did the relearn then I went on a more extended test ride.

Last edited:

DBRK

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2008
Bozeman MT
I was told this morning that there's no brake reflash yet for the regular gauge. Hope that's not true cause mine is in transit to the dealer right now.
Mine is definitely a regular gauge and definitely has the reflash as of this morning!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
He's right but only read 1/2 of it...

ALL 2023's can be flashed regardless of guage.

For 2022's only the 7S gauge units can be flashed as of now....flash for standard guage 2022's incoming at a later date

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

For 2022's only the 7S gauge units can be flashed as of now....flash for standard guage 2022's incoming at a later date
???

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT

He definitely said for his 22 standard gauge. I’m patiently waiting for it as well.

Steep&DeepRider

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2007
Austin, MN
Classic case of Polaris engineering: consumers do the testing, and the aftermarket does the problem solving.

Prime example is the throttle block. JFC... it's been what, a decade??
What's the issue with the throttle block??

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
rode with a 9r with update today. He had engine cut out during a hill climb like 5 times. Was very annoying. Otherwise loved the sled. I haven't done my 22 boost yet. Waiting to hear if update improves 22 boost fuel map/performance. If not I will not get update.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
How about a long steep downhill? A lot of brake and throttle to keep it geared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not a problem. You have to be over 5500 rpm for the thing to go into limp mode. I had several decends where I used throttle and brake to keep the clutch engaged. The only thing this brake fix is going to do is expose the idiots that ride around with the brakes on all the time!?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
rode with a 9r with update today. He had engine cut out during a hill climb like 5 times. Was very annoying. Otherwise loved the sled. I haven't done my 22 boost yet. Waiting to hear if update improves 22 boost fuel map/performance. If not I will not get update.
I’m guessing he has TSS issues.

Premium Features