• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SKI-DOO SKI RUBBER DAMPERS - iSidehill - product launch

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Three and a half years ago was an exhausting stuck for me to remember. The snow was wet, heavy, mashed potatoes.

So's I'm standing beside Corey's [best bud] sled and the middle of his left side panel, i'm almost eye level. Lookins at this stuck 165 mess, I says to meself, and, out loud to Corey, “that’s it, I'm done with this ski tent polling bull....”.
If Corey had a good set of ski damper rubbers, we could pull the sled back more, having room to counter steer, rolling it over.

Three and a half years later, after a lot of time/effort/energy/research/testing...etc, here I am with the iSidehill - Ski-Doo Ski Damper Rubbers
These Ski-Doo Ski Rubber Dampers are made to take up the clearance in the ski-to-spindle fit. The Ski-Doo Rubber Dampers are a tight fit.
Made to still be functional at -20C (-4F)
ski-doo ski damper rubber 1.jpg

This Ski-Doo Ski Damper Rubber ONLY FITS the 2017 to 2024 Ski-doo Summit DS3 & DS4 ski with the 3 inch keel.
This Ski-Doo Ski Damper Rubber DOES NOT fit any XM/XS DS2 ski, and does not fit any LYNX.

Better steerablity

Keep sled on its edge, easier sidehilling
Less lateral slip, flatter skis, engage snow better
Less resistance for Balance to steer
Dampens handlebar feedback, steer to balance
Ski tail holds snow better, carve harder
Less pitching, float higher, float smoother,
Ski rocking dampening, flatter sledding
Stops ski hitting your front bumper, less porpoising, more stable front end

ski-doo ski damper rubber 2.jpg

Getting unstuck

Stuck, hill, skis don’t tip up; flatter skis, pull sled back farther
Cornered in trees, 10 point turn (haha), skis don’t tip up; reverse easier
Skis don’t tip up in deep snow, back up farther, get a better run. [VICTORY 🤩]
Sled on side; stand on ski edge with confidence, better balance.
Sled on side; stand on the ski bridge cleats, pull on your handlebar [stable boot grip]
Sled on side; two friends pull the skis, equalized pulling
Tire Art Wood Bumper Audio equipment

ski-doo ski damper rubber 3.jpg

ski-doo ski damper rubber 4.jpg
If you go to read the page, make sure you read "background story".

Last edited:

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
anywhere to buy them in the states? 41.51 shipping is a bit.
or black Friday deal, or forum discounts? Just asking before I order a set

Last edited:

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Howdy. There may be cheaper "safe drop" shipping but that's a fiction. Its either "throw" or "misplace" or "pirate" or pray it gets there. There is no proof a delivery happened without a card for pickup and signature.

Im in Canada, that $41CAD is $30 USD todays exchange. Every postal code has a different shipping price based on postal centers and are you extended delivery living out in the sticks?

I only ship with xpresspost [tracking number-card for pickup-signature] which forces the postal worker to do their job and make sure the receiver [you] get the package.

Thanks, Joey

Below is an example. My new kit packer used xpedite [tracking, no card, no signature] by accident and here we go again...
See what I mean? Not my words, Kevin's words. ;)
ski-doo 850 clutch kit ibackshift mail drop.jpg

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Three and a half years ago was an exhausting stuck for me to remember. The snow was wet, heavy, mashed potatoes.

So's I'm standing beside Corey's [best bud] sled and the middle of his left side panel, i'm almost eye level. Lookins at this stuck 165 mess, I says to meself, and, out loud to Corey, “that’s it, I'm done with this ski tent polling bull....”.
If Corey had a good set of ski damper rubbers, we could pull the sled back more, having room to counter steer, rolling it over.

Three and a half years later, after a lot of time/effort/energy/research/testing...etc, here I am with the iSidehill - Ski-Doo Ski Damper Rubbers
These Ski-Doo Ski Rubber Dampers are made to take up the clearance in the ski-to-spindle fit. The Ski-Doo Rubber Dampers are a tight fit.
Made to still be functional at -20C (-4F)
View attachment 411611

This Ski-Doo Ski Damper Rubber ONLY FITS the 2017 to 2024 Ski-doo Summit DS3 & DS4 ski with the 3 inch keel.
This Ski-Doo Ski Damper Rubber DOES NOT fit any XM/XS DS2 ski, and does not fit any LYNX.

Better steerablity

Keep sled on its edge, easier sidehilling
Less lateral slip, flatter skis, engage snow better
Less resistance for Balance to steer
Dampens handlebar feedback, steer to balance
Ski tail holds snow better, carve harder
Less pitching, float higher, float smoother,
Ski rocking dampening, flatter sledding
Stops ski hitting your front bumper, less porpoising, more stable front end

View attachment 411612

Getting unstuck

Stuck, hill, skis don’t tip up; flatter skis, pull sled back farther
Cornered in trees, 10 point turn (haha), skis don’t tip up; reverse easier
Skis don’t tip up in deep snow, back up farther, get a better run. [VICTORY 🤩]
Sled on side; stand on ski edge with confidence, better balance.
Sled on side; stand on the ski bridge cleats, pull on your handlebar [stable boot grip]
Sled on side; two friends pull the skis, equalized pulling
Tire Art Wood Bumper Audio equipment

View attachment 411613

View attachment 411614
If you go to read the page, make sure you read "background story".
Nice work Joey!

What happens at -20F or -30F?

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
How do these compare to the current aftermarket options?
Howdy, I don't know what they are compared like to other brands.

I seen pictures of popular failed ones on FB, looking like a split hoof, and was surprised at the shape. I asked some of those people on FB, send me their damaged stoppers, pitching them the offer "mail me your damaged ones and I'll replace, sending you Salaz kings". heh...its its what you gotta do eh. 😁

The damaged brand I put them in my ski to see what they, look like, and, cycled like in failed condition.
Humm....the back of the spindle, the way the hollow casting is, holy, the spindle shape can do a number on the back of any ski stopper.

I brought the Salaz in to my shop, had a look at them, checked the durometer, repacked them and sent them off to the former damaged other brand owners. After that, I drop shipped the SK's from Bret to the persons giving me their damaged ones.

The FB pictures of failures and seeing them in my own ski, led me to try making this version <<click for picture<< to not have that splitting and then the stopper, spits out.

ski-doo-ski-damper-rubber-16.jpg

I made versions of that one in the picture. The more I run it, it would tear and then try to solve the problem, the root of it tearing. That was a case of too much material is not good. The tearing taught me how the material deforms under loads, there is too much material dimensions changing, forming shear points, and/or the rubber bursts.

All I can do is compare to stock ski stoppers. I either ran stock or test versions . One ski stock, opposite ski a version, then switch sides. Drive the sled. Have test volunteers run the same versions.
Better to just learn how to make my own then try other brands out. My reason is from what i see shops who bring in clutch ramps and then go run them, then copy them with their own little twist on it, then make it like they invented the f.ing thing and call it the best. When there's a problem, they can't troubleshoot "why" something is happening, because, they also copied the same mistakes.

All I can compare is, I promise you will have a bit of a fuss installing the iSidehill ones compared to OEM. 🤣
Have the sled off the ground after you install one and flick the iSidehill ski side, then the oem side. [im makin a vidya for em']
The iS's are tight, and they will not tent pole when having to pull your sled backwards like OEM will.

Last edited by a moderator:
P
Feb 4, 2008
Cle Elum, WA
Howdy, I don't know what they are compared like to other brands.

I seen pictures of popular failed ones on FB, looking like a split hoof, and was surprised at the shape. I asked some of those people on FB, send me their damaged stoppers, pitching them the offer "mail me your damaged ones and I'll replace, sending you Salaz kings". heh...its its what you gotta do eh.

The damaged brand I put them in my ski to see what they, look like, and, cycled like in failed condition.
Humm....the back of the spindle, the way the hollow casting is, holy, the spindle shape can do a number on the back of any ski stopper.

I brought the Salaz in to my shop, had a look at them, checked the durometer, repacked them and sent them off to the former damaged other brand owners. After that, I drop shipped the SK's from Bret to the persons giving me their damaged ones.

The FB pictures of failures and seeing them in my own ski, led me to try making this version SIZE] to not have that splitting and then the stopper, spits out.
I made versions of that one in the picture. The more I run it, it would tear and then try to solve the problem, the root of it tearing. That was a case of too much material is not good. The tearing taught me how the material deforms under loads, there is too much material dimensions changing, forming shear points, and/or the rubber bursts.

All I can do is compare to stock ski stoppers. I either ran stock or test versions . One ski stock, opposite ski a version, then switch sides. Drive the sled. Have test volunteers run the same versions.
Better to just learn how to make my own then try other brands out. My reason is from what i see shops who bring in clutch ramps and then go run them, then copy them with their own little twist on it, then make it like they invented the f.ing thing and call it the best. When there's a problem, they can't troubleshoot "why" something is happening, because, they also copied the same mistakes.

All I can compare is, I promise you will have a bit of a fuss installing the iSidehill ones compared to OEM.
Have the sled off the ground after you install one and flick the iSidehill ski side, then the oem side. [im makin a vidya for em']
The iS's are tight, and they will not tent pole when having to pull your sled backwards like OEM will.

Thank you for the detailed explanation. It would be nice if there was a supplier in the US but it would probably increase the cost of the item anyway.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
7e65037d427a423908062f082057447e.jpg

Got mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
i'd pick up a set but i've got new salazzking bushings in my sled, factory ones are no bueno. i'll get joe's next time tho.

Premium Features