• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Powderclaw VS Challenger

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Ride with a few guys that went out and bought the pc cause all the hype and now say they are very upset that they did...i haven't rode one so i don't know, but i did have a a20 162 and it was garbage IMO now i got the CE 174 and boy let me tell ya this thing is amazing will never run anything other then that ever...that thing just gets on top and stays there don't really trench either so that's my .02cents:D:beer;

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
Only one person I know still has the 162 2.25" Challenger and its on a M7 with a Unionbay 900 so I don't consider that a fair comparison

If we ever get some more snow we will try to compare

I can tell you compared to a 09 Dragon 800 163, the Powerclaw gets up on the snow a lot better!!!! Ridden those back to back in about 2 or 3' of fluff.

B

bigbull

Jan 21, 2005
Spokane, WA
www.bigbullinc.com
set up snow 2.5 challenger extreme can't be beat. Deep soft powder, powerclaw is top shelf....no question.

I went from a 2.25 challenger to the 2.5 and in deep soft powder that thing trenched like a mad dog. Once the snow set up good it was a climbing fool. Switched to the powerclaw this year...it loves the powder and is not that far behind the 2.5 extreme in the set up snow, in my opinion.

If my snow riding conditions were mostly concrete, then i'd go with the 2.5 extreme. Riding a balance of conditions the nod would go to the powerclaw.

Ym2c

^^^^ditto^^^^

B

Bounty Hunter

Nov 27, 2007
colorado/ Glenwood Springs
Braking on mine does not seem any worse than my challenger was and everything else is no comparison. I have outclimbed all my buddies new XP's and dragon 800's this year and most of it is because of this track, it is phenomenal. Yes I like it that much.

Your right on the track. sent a new thread about climb speed ect to answer your mail sent to me.

Speeedracer

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2006
Kanasas
anyone have some weight numbers on a ported PC track? Or is anyone doing this to the new track to save some weight?

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Glenn,
I have almsot the identical sled to the one you just came off of.. think the track is THAT much better than the Cat camo?? Listening to everyone on here it seems like a no-brainer, but having a limited budget, just want to make sure that it's a worthwhile investment. Think the reason the 800 went from the runt of the litter to maybe not the bully on the block but certainly marked improvement is due to the reduced effort in turning the new track??
Seems like no one last year was saying the Cat 800 was snappy/great throttle response/feels more powerful etc... wondering how much is attributed to the track..
Thanks
g.

last week i threw a P-claw on my 06 m7 153 and took her out for the first ride on sat. before that i was running the stock challenger that was ported so that is what im comparing to. we dont have much pow so i cant say much for that but in the bit we do have i can say it is atleast as good if not better than the challenger. as for crusty or harder snow there is no comparison, the pc fricken hooks. i can now pick the skis up and carry them pretty good which i never could before. it hooks so good im gonna have to relearn to ride my sled in those conditions, with the stock challenger there was a certain amount of spin that helped keep things under control and now it just hooks and goes. i actually ended up rollin my sled on sat. cuz i was havin a hard time holdin on to it. i picked a lign up through some trees and hammered down and it lifted the skis and launched me right into one that took me off my sled, good times. i'd say from that its a good investment as i always felt the biggest problem with the stock challenger was the setup snow. now i just gotta learn to hang on a bit better.:):beer;

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
PC is the best track I've ever used, I went up hills today that I was sure I was stuck and it just kept tractoring along at about .2mph, it just keeps going. I to am having to learn to ride again not used to my skis being that far off the ground. Can also feel the extra track speed, very impressed.

Premium Features