• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lynx/300LX track on matryx

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska

Talks about cooler tunnel mod in this video also.

Ahh I see. Very descriptive.

You will have to forgive my doubt. These are the same fools that thought a 6 tooth-3.5 pitch driver would work (I'm a fool too, I bought one), and then last year still had the balls to continue using that stupid center window driver on the 146 tracks. Anyone notice how many times he said "anti-ratchet" in that video ?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
What was the clutch issue and I'm guessing whatever you did. Made the vibration go away?
It's not technically fixed yet... but the inner sheave on my secondary came with no bushing from the factory, so that sheave had a bunch of play and was binding.

T
Dec 15, 2020
WA
Well as it stands I am not going to be taking delivery of my 155 Pro Boost so I ended up buying a 300LX for the 165 NA Khaos from tracks USA with it cut down. Pretty excited to see how well it performs this year in the WA snow and how much more playful the sled gets over the 2.75.

T
Dec 15, 2020
WA
New track arrived already (300LX narrowed to 15"). Took exactly 1 week. As far as tension goes, should I just set it to factory 2.75 specs? Hoping to get it on this weekend if I get my sled back from the clutch recall. This thing looks awesome, can't wait for some snow!
300lx.jpg

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
Installed the new skidoo freeride tracks on a few polaris axys and matryx sleds. This new track looks awesome. Another option for the polaris guys looking for better traction.
IMG_4148.jpeg
IMG_4147.jpg

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
New track arrived already (300LX narrowed to 15"). Took exactly 1 week. As far as tension goes, should I just set it to factory 2.75 specs? Hoping to get it on this weekend if I get my sled back from the clutch recall. This thing looks awesome, can't wait for some snow!
View attachment 410832
One thing about that track that no one has mentioned. It does not have the center windows so it will act like a huge air/snow pump and pressurize snow laden air up at the choke point of the tunnel. There is very little porting for that air to escape through the track now. This will slow the track due to the pressure it will be building at the front of the tunnel. With the Doo chassis there is more clearance to simply push the air through. Or do you think those little holes are enough to be equal?

T
Dec 15, 2020
WA
One thing about that track that no one has mentioned. It does not have the center windows so it will act like a huge air/snow pump and pressurize snow laden air up at the choke point of the tunnel. There is very little porting for that air to escape through the track now. This will slow the track due to the pressure it will be building at the front of the tunnel. With the Doo chassis there is more clearance to simply push the air through. Or do you think those little holes are enough to be equal?
I randomly stumbled upon someone mentioning that last night on another forum I believe (I already had my track by this point). To be honest, I have no idea, I didn't even know that was a factor. I figured the porting was for snow evac from the back of the track as it fills with snow, rather than being a scoop it allows some to flow through. Will it really cause a noticeable difference in track speed? I was expecting to see a little lower track speed purely from the paddle being taller and not folding like the 2.75. Maybe those with the 300LX can chime in on what they're experiencing with this. I would guess the turbo guys wouldn't notice much. Mine will be on a 165 NA so might be more of a factor? Is it possible to home port this track haha?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I randomly stumbled upon someone mentioning that last night on another forum I believe (I already had my track by this point). To be honest, I have no idea, I didn't even know that was a factor. I figured the porting was for snow evac from the back of the track as it fills with snow, rather than being a scoop it allows some to flow through. Will it really cause a noticeable difference in track speed? I was expecting to see a little lower track speed purely from the paddle being taller and not folding like the 2.75. Maybe those with the 300LX can chime in on what they're experiencing with this. I would guess the turbo guys wouldn't notice much. Mine will be on a 165 NA so might be more of a factor? Is it possible to home port this track haha?
It is possible as guys used to use hole saws to port their tracks years ago for this exact reason, and to make them lighter. A safer way obviously is to build the heat exchanger with more clearance like Polairs is doing for 2024. Drop and roll was also a thing for many years.

T
Dec 15, 2020
WA
It is possible as guys used to use hole saws to port their tracks years ago for this exact reason, and to make them lighter. A safer way obviously is to build the heat exchanger with more clearance like Polairs is doing for 2024. Drop and roll was also a thing for many years.
It's a pretty hefty track compared to the series 8. Plenty of room to cut ports into also, but I wonder how necessary it is. Sounds like everyone is having success with them right out of the box, minus maybe some ice build up causing vibrations?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
It's a pretty hefty track compared to the series 8. Plenty of room to cut ports into also, but I wonder how necessary it is. Sounds like everyone is having success with them right out of the box, minus maybe some ice build up causing vibrations?
If a guy was to port a track and got more track speed it would be hard to know if it was due to weight loss or easier air/snow movement through the tunnel.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Polaris didn’t change any hard parts for 2024 over 2022-23. They milled a little.
The quote the series 9 will only fit 2024+ is a red herring.
IMG_2849.jpegIMG_2847.jpeg

Last edited:

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
Interesting. Doesn't look like a whole lot of difference

Premium Features