• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lynx track

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Maybe I'll head on down to my local BRP dealer and have them order me a track and have my 2.75 on stand by. I figured it was, but I am new to sledding and snow motorsports so I am still figuring it all out. I already have light ski pressure that likes to get pushed around a bit, the clickers are all the way hard on FTS and soft on RTS with some preload dialed into the front and pulled out of the rear for lower ski pressure. If it makes the difference maybe I won't need to step down to a 155, I have 2 more years of warranty after this year so if I can keep it for that time and get some playfulness that would be ideal.
The 155 seems to be decent in 2.75 but the 165 is skis planted all day.

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
My 2.75 wasn’t bad at all but the lynx hooks harder out of the hole creating more ski lift/playfulness for sure. If our forecast holds true I’ll have a better feel for it in deeper/lighter snow this weekend. I’m guessing it’ll be great in everything but bottomless.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
My 2.75 wasn’t bad at all but the lynx hooks harder out of the hole creating more ski lift/playfulness for sure. If our forecast holds true I’ll have a better feel for it in deeper/lighter snow this weekend. I’m guessing it’ll be great in everything but bottomless.

If you get that much snow while I’m gone?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Are there any durability concerns with having a 16 cut down to a 15?

I might have tracks usa cut down a 300LX for me.

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
The track is most of the equation……
^^^ this.
I tried everything with shocks and still too planted for most scenarios with the 2.75. I just cut down the 300lx. Used a sharp multi tool blade. Took about 20 min. There’s even a line to follow on the inside of the track.
Sled is so fun in deep snow now! It will launch out of the snow. It also has way more giro effect out of the snow. The series 8 spins so much that quick side to side movements in the trees is extremely easy. As of now I am slower in that terrain with the 300lx. Everything else is a win. Skid shock adjustments actually feel like they’re doing something now. I’m using half the throttle with the 300lx too. Hopefully that will increase motor life a little as well!

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
Are there any durability concerns with having a 16 cut down to a 15?

I might have tracks usa cut down a 300LX for me.
I just cut down a 300LX, it was easy just rubber to cut. The bars don’t go full width. And there is a line on the inside of the track that is exactly where you want to cut. I just clamped a flat bar on inside of track and used an Olfa knife, kept a sharp tip and take your time. worked good.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Tracks USA is gonna cut one down for me. I could do it… but for $100 I’ll let them fugg it up ?

Hopefully it will be done tomorrow so I can try it out this week.

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Lynx track did great this weekend in pretty deep dry powder, but there’s still a solid base under it. No drawbacks for me yet. This is on a na 850 165 khaos. Makes re entries easier than the series 8 but it still needs to be steep depending on conditions.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Tracks USA is gonna cut one down for me. I could do it… but for $100 I’ll let them fugg it up ?

Hopefully it will be done tomorrow so I can try it out this week.
They do such a nice job.

I’ve cut some tracks myself and never enjoyed it.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
If i had more ambition i would swap the tracks between the lynx and 9r just for the hell of it. 9r needs more traction and the lynx is possibly a little over the top but I'm not shortening the limit strap.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
They do such a nice job.

I’ve cut some tracks myself and never enjoyed it.
They got it done for me in a few hours. Got it thrown on tonight.

Asked the guy how they cut them. “It’s a secret”… I thought he was kidding but he wouldn’t tell me ? Did say its a machine of sorts. He said its now more square (not the word he used) than they come from the factory. My understanding was that sometimes the distance from the drive windows to the outside edges of the track aren’t always the same from side to side. They somehow address that and get the cuts perfectly parallel with the drive windows, as well as 15” wide on the nuts all the way around.

Would highly recommend them if you need a track… and especially if you’d like one cut down.

96D18E95-C6A2-42D3-8D04-D2097B2E046C.jpeg

C
Dec 14, 2020
They got it done for me in a few hours. Got it thrown on tonight.

Asked the guy how they cut them. “It’s a secret”… I thought he was kidding but he wouldn’t tell me ? Did say its a machine of sorts. He said its now more square (not the word he used) than they come from the factory. My understanding was that sometimes the distance from the drive windows to the outside edges of the track aren’t always the same from side to side. They somehow address that and get the cuts perfectly parallel with the drive windows, as well as 15” wide on the nuts all the way around.

Would highly recommend them if you need a track… and especially if you’d like one cut down.

They probably have a simple jig with drivers and knives they can set up and slowly roll it through.

They want me to pay sales tax living in a non-sales tax state. Keeps me from ordering from them as the price evens out to local pricing.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
They probably have a simple jig with drivers and knives they can set up and slowly roll it through.

They want me to pay sales tax living in a non-sales tax state. Keeps me from ordering from them as the price evens out to local pricing.
Hmmm… they weren’t gonna charge me MN sales tax, as I’m in SD. But I picked it up and paid MN tax.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

I didn’t pay any sales tax.

T
Dec 15, 2020
WA
Lynx track did great this weekend in pretty deep dry powder, but there’s still a solid base under it. No drawbacks for me yet. This is on a na 850 165 khaos. Makes re entries easier than the series 8 but it still needs to be steep depending on conditions.
Thanks for the info, I rode Seeley the last 4 days, DEEP dry powder with a solid base under. My series 8 did well and I was wondering if I would have trenched out more if I had a Lynx on, glad to hear it does well in the dry stuff. Sucks it still needs more to play but I'll be keeping my sled a bit longer so I think I'll get a track for now and check a 155 next spring hopefully. I ride a NA 850 165 Khaos as well.

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
Got a few days in on my 23 boost with 165 lynx track . Was a good 3-4 feet of fresh champagne type snow the track worked awesome in this drier type powder usually our snow is heavier and wet. I was surprised how I got out of a few uphill stucks the thing popped up on top easy . Glad I got the khaos this year the 165 is plenty playful

E9782AF5-F5A0-4C32-A089-2D2D21B450FE.jpeg E5BD26B2-7801-4FA1-B4C4-B78E5B82691F.jpeg 683066F5-AC34-42ED-A6D3-BA9033833AFC.jpeg

Last edited:
Premium Features