• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

9R Khaos melted a quick drive belt

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Used to carry a spare qd belt. It has a 2000 mile service interval. Haven’t seen a qd belt failure since it’s first year about 10 years ago.
Definitely don’t wanna send that pic to the Polaris warranty department, it’ll get denied with the can on it. Can’t believe whoever was riding that didn’t hear the destruction going on in there before it ended up like it did. Had some ice build up under my qd belt after the sled sat overnight after a ride. Noticed the noise in the first 5 feet the next day and could hear something wasn’t right, stopped and cleaned it out.

armey37

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2008
Richland,WA
I keep one in the truck

QUOTE="JH@CM, post: 4489044, member: 153205"]
Does anyone carry a spare QD belt on their sled? For $240 it's probably not a bad idea.

It's such a vulnerable spot. I just discovered a broken exhaust spring and consider myself lucky that the small missing piece didn't get into that system.
[/QUOTE]

mrooks17

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2021
Ohio
A random bolt or nut got in there and caused it to shred. That didn’t melt. Sucks. QC since the Roni fiasco has gone way downhill

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Spare belt kept at home or in the truck...yeeesh. probably right beside your spare spark plugs too. Your riding buddies must be good dudes and like wasting a day(s) to retrieve drive belts lol.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Spare belt kept at home or in the truck...yeeesh. probably right beside your spare spark plugs too. Your riding buddies must be good dudes and like wasting a day(s) to retrieve drive belts lol.
Fits so nicely around the spare clutch belt in the front by the pipe. ?

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
^^^ And when/if you break a belt,.....presto ! You have another one lol.
I have physically seen a rider break 3 polaris belts in 1 day. He was a larger man, and rode hard. Mind you, his belt break in procedure was 'no f@$ks given', hence 2nd belt made it 100 yards before cold snapping.
$500 fun bucks for him before I could finish a beer

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Well Rusty??? Was the parking brake left on???
On a side note I like my new banner ??

I’ve never tested that function to know. If it’s brake reflashed, the DW2 might, could, should be able to tell us the truth.
The banner is awesome. It tells us a few things also ?can you figure it out?

Premium Features