• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

With Ski Doo breaking the internet...

I have spent alot of time on the 850 poo this year and my 165 expert. There is no comparison in motors. The doo has way more pull than the polaris. The polaris only feels light when you are in the throttle. At slow speeds, it wears you out. With that being said, I rode the turbo for 2 days in fresh powder. Its beyond fun. No lag, no waste gate noise, no bogging in the deep snow or pipe side. Doo definitely did their homework on this sled. Polaris is scrambling to bring something out, but, lighter isnt always better. There is only so much weight you can lose before reliability issues surface. Skidoo has been pulling Polaris around by the nose for years. Since the 96 summit, Polaris has only played catch up to Doo, and the new turbo, with a warranty, has put them that much farther ahead. I would trust technology from a company making lear jets way over 1 that makes utvs and sleds any day.

They wouldn't even be making jets if it wasn't for a whole pile of government bailouts.

Riding a 2019 850 both doo and pol same length doo feels faster but is auctualy slower on head to head runs. After some clutch work on both sleds the pol is better than the doo in our group. It's mostly what you want to ride and how tired you want to be at the end of the day. Pol is just easier to ride in tight terrain. We have 3 doos and 3 pol in our group couple weeks ago the doo guys admitted they were more wore out than we were. Plus the added gas of Polaris really helps when it's deep. Just my observation I might buy a turbo doo next year.
My 2019 850 Poo 155 and 2020 Expert 154 run dead even in a drag race (drag races are irrelevant for the most part IMO) but its funny because the Expert feels like it has wayyy more bottom end.

Rode nothing but doo for 10 years... drank nothing but doolaid and xps
had a 154 alpha last season
and got my 850 polaris now

demo'd the turbo doo for a whole day and, it did not make me want one, not even a little bit ... it did want me to put a turbo kit on my polaris however !
Give me some of what you're smoking if the turbo didnt impress you. I would almost bet you are full of sh&$ about riding one.

While everyone is entitled to their opinion, if you have to throw stones to make your point it loses a lot of credibility. Every rider has a different riding style and places a higher priority on on certain aspects based on preference/ability/riding style. Some people place a higher priority on sled weight than they do power. Hell, Burandt went so far as to say if he had to choose more power or low bars, he’d choose low bars every time.

FWIW, the Bombardier that makes jets isn’t the same company making sleds and hasn’t been for years.
Who is throwing stones? Just stating the facts. You probably dont remember the 700 polaris. Put it next to the summit, with hood off, and it was an exact replica. 2000 came along and doo did a 151 track that polaris swore would fail. Wrong. Then they lengthened their track. Rider forward and pyramidal frame. Score another 1 for skidoo. Electronic reverse? Doo for the win. SHOT anyone? Skidoo again. Now a flawless, warrantied turbo? I dont really care what anyone rides, but the history of leaders and followers is quite evident.

While everyone is entitled to their opinion, if you have to throw stones to make your point it loses a lot of credibility. Every rider has a different riding style and places a higher priority on on certain aspects based on preference/ability/riding style. Some people place a higher priority on sled weight than they do power. Hell, Burandt went so far as to say if he had to choose more power or low bars, he’d choose low bars every time.

FWIW, the Bombardier that makes jets isn’t the same company making sleds and hasn’t been for years.
Sure funny then that their turbo prop jets maintain constant horsepower from sea level to 25,000 feet. Just a coincidence, I guess, from the other Bombardier company that spells their name the same.

Wow! I see a typical "I" in team kinda guy here. ^Pretty sure all the OE and aftermarket companies drive the sport the direction its headed. Otherwise with this theory we would still have boggie wheel suspension(cat first slide rail), trailing arms ( cat first independent a arm), battery less efi (cat), first belt drive (polaris), first electric start (Yamaha), short tunnel ahhhhhh cat again, etc. If I wasnt for aftermarket skidoo probably wouldn't have a turbo. They all have pros and cons but we as end users get to benefit from competition. But keep bleeding your brand bro.

Last edited:
Wow! I see a typical "I" in team kinda guy here. Pretty sure all the OE and aftermarket companies drive the sport the direction its headed. Otherwise with this theory we would still have boggie wheel suspension(cat first slide rail), trailing arms ( cat first independent a arm), battery less efi (cat), first belt drive (polaris), first electric start (Yamaha), short tunnel ahhhhhh cat again, etc. If I wasnt for aftermarket skidoo probably wouldn't have a turbo. They all have pros and cons but we as end users get to benefit from competition. But keep bleeding your brand bro.
When did cat do a short tunnel?

Cat started with the shorter tunnels in 09 I believe. Looking at a 10 or 11 is definitely noticeable though. I agree with the above though we cant blame other manufacturers for copying others. Without that we would have a lot of disappointment

I have spent alot of time on the 850 poo this year and my 165 expert. There is no comparison in motors. The doo has way more pull than the polaris. The polaris only feels light when you are in the throttle. At slow speeds, it wears you out. With that being said, I rode the turbo for 2 days in fresh powder. Its beyond fun. No lag, no waste gate noise, no bogging in the deep snow or pipe side. Doo definitely did their homework on this sled. Polaris is scrambling to bring something out, but, lighter isnt always better. There is only so much weight you can lose before reliability issues surface. Skidoo has been pulling Polaris around by the nose for years. Since the 96 summit, Polaris has only played catch up to Doo, and the new turbo, with a warranty, has put them that much farther ahead. I would trust technology from a company making lear jets way over 1 that makes utvs and sleds any day.

Are you really implying the xm was better than proride or axys chassis?

Are you really implying the xm was better than proride or axys chassis?
I agree with you. Or how about that rev chassis summit that if you breathed on it wrong the "flying nun" twisted! I am the least biased person when it comes to brands. I would own a turbo doo. But I do love the folks that bleed one brand and that is it?

Who is throwing stones? Just stating the facts. You probably dont remember the 700 polaris. Put it next to the summit, with hood off, and it was an exact replica. 2000 came along and doo did a 151 track that polaris swore would fail. Wrong. Then they lengthened their track. Rider forward and pyramidal frame. Score another 1 for skidoo. Electronic reverse? Doo for the win. SHOT anyone? Skidoo again. Now a flawless, warrantied turbo? I dont really care what anyone rides, but the history of leaders and followers is quite evident.
Well I'd bet you your weekly paycheck you wouldn't be doing the leading in the trees on your Doo vs me on my Poo ?

Ski Doo just doesn’t handle the technical terrain like an AXY and it’s not even close. I tried Ski Doo for a year and a half did t motion lock out, ace rear shock kit after market a arms and spindles and finally thought what the hell am I doing I’m trying to make this thing handle like a Polaris and it’s not happening. The Ski Doo is great at certain things technical tree riding is not one of them.

Polaris ruled the roost in 02 and 03. Wasn't until the rev. Take off the blinders

and they no longer manufacture trains. Had a couple boys here a few weeks ago and relayed that.
The other comment was the Canadian Gov. is talking about dropping their annual financial support of BRP.

Premium Features

Back