• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

With Ski Doo breaking the internet...

I know a lot of guys who would never ride a doo before, but who are now buying the 850t next year. Crazy how many are jumping ship from polaris for a factory 2-stroke turbo with a warranty. Tired of poor running aftermarket turbo kits. Personally I love the axys chassis and would vote for a factory turbo from Polaris before getting a new chassis. Doesn’t really matter what it is anyway, we will probably go buy it and be happy with it.

I know a lot of guys who would never ride a doo before, but who are now buying the 850t next year. Crazy how many are jumping ship from polaris for a factory 2-stroke turbo with a warranty. Tired of poor running aftermarket turbo kits. Personally I love the axys chassis and would vote for a factory turbo from Polaris before getting a new chassis. Doesn’t really matter what it is anyway, we will probably go buy it and be happy with it.
I cant believe they couldn't wait a few weeks to find out what Polaris was offering.

I cant believe they couldn't wait a few weeks to find out what Polaris was offering.

How epic would it be if Polaris comes out with a turbo that trounces Doo's? Might end up being the perfect storm for somebody with deep enough pockets: snowcheck last year, dump that for a Doo turbo, and then turn around and snowcheck a Poo turbo! No idea what's gonna happen, but seems within the realm of possibility for Poo to make a turbo sled with 20 more HP than Doo. I gotta believe Polaris has been running turbo prototypes for a while, and if they caught wind (so to speak) of the Doo turbo in time, I can't imagine not putting out their own if they can. Actually, I still scratch my head as to why somebody didn't offer a factory 2S turbo five years ago; it's not rocket science. Most plausible explanation is emissions requirements: I can't believe everybody was sitting around saying "nobody wants a turbo sled with a warranty."

I've never found Polaris to be very efficient with cooling.. even with the tunnel long heat exchangers. My Ski-doos have always cooled much better in low snow environments. They hold a little bit of snow, but not like the Polaris.
Not to sure about that, was just in Idaho riding with some gen 4’s and they were all running wayyyy hotter than our axys’ on the trail, scratchers down, to the point some of them had to stop, and me and buddy had to run back down and get coolant for them cause they pushed it out and the bottles were empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally disagree with your statement, I ride with alot off doos and we often take a 10 km whooped out trail to the deep and they are constantly pulling over to cool of, us 2 pol are hot, 150ish , but we can keep going.

I've jumped back and forth, have had several IQ-sleds, several XPs, a ProRide RMK, (w front cooler), and now a G4 Lynx.
They manage OK all of them, but all tall lug sleds needs a bit of thought when riding them in late spring, they manage better than the "new" short cooler YamiCats anyways. The Cats seems to be almost a bit too powder focused to function as a full season sled.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

It's not my opinion, it's a known fact on any sled, if u put a shorter tunnel on it and no sno flap, it's gonna overheat more , I know right away when my sno flap gets stuck in my track, my temps go up and it will also go up with no sno flap.

It's not my opinion, it's a known fact on any sled, if u put a shorter tunnel on it and no sno flap, it's gonna overheat more , I know right away when my sno flap gets stuck in my track, my temps go up and it will also go up with no sno flap.
I have no experience with the "expert package" summits.. But yeah, that's fairly obvious.

What is the attraction of doo turbo? I think the axys 800 with a boondocker sidekick is reliable and cost less with more HP than the doo. I haven't ran the 850 with a turbo so I can't comment, but I would bet next week I could pick up a 2020 800 khaos and put a boondocker turbo for under $16,000. my 2016 turbo has been great. Reality is I'm not into hill climbing any more so turbo is not my thing. The 850 has the power I want. I am more interested in chassis improvements. The Khaos has been super fun. How about a single ski? Still surprised they haven't done a snowbike. I don't dirt bike, but would probably buy a dedicated snow bike that is all ready to go. One week to find out.

The attraction of the Doo is warranty. But agree with all that you said. The Axys platform is superior to the Doo

Snowbikes, as conceived to date, do not qualify legally as snowmobiles, and are disallowed by law from riding on sanctioned trails - which is why no OEM is making a complete Snowbike; market is too small given their legal sale/use. AC tried, and gave up to get them to qualify. Nice kits out there, tho.

I don't think it is superior. It is all what someone wants. More than one way to skin a cat. They each have their things they do better or worse.

Yep.

The skidoo does trails And meadows really well.

Poo does steep/ tight technical terrain.

Cat breaks rails and stabs tracks really well. (And is 80-85% as good as the poo in the steep /tight terrain)

The other thing is....if you ride aggressive terrain, and not particularly high elevation...a turbo 850 Polaris is a lot of sled. Too much for most of us from what I've seen. Like thinking you could ride pro MX if you could put a turbo on a 450SX....doesn't work like that. Ya if you ride nothing but open powder meadows you can squeeze on it a bit, or do huge climbs and don't care if it comes crashing back down. But truth be told for an average/decent rider (like me), at the 5500-7000' I ride, with a mix of play and adventure style riding, the power of a modern NA 850 isn't holding back my riding at all. But maybe there's enough people who just want it because it exists to create a market.....I guess we'll see!

Yep.

Cat breaks rails and stabs tracks really well. (And is 80-85% as good as the poo in the steep /tight terrain)
So what you are saying is 95% of riders would prefer the Skidoo?

Yep.

Rode nothing but doo for 10 years... drank nothing but doolaid and xps
had a 154 alpha last season
and got my 850 polaris now

demo'd the turbo doo for a whole day and, it did not make me want one, not even a little bit ... it did want me to put a turbo kit on my polaris however !

The other thing is....if you ride aggressive terrain, and not particularly high elevation...a turbo 850 Polaris is a lot of sled. Too much for most of us from what I've seen. Like thinking you could ride pro MX if you could put a turbo on a 450SX....doesn't work like that. Ya if you ride nothing but open powder meadows you can squeeze on it a bit, or do huge climbs and don't care if it comes crashing back down. But truth be told for an average/decent rider (like me), at the 5500-7000' I ride, with a mix of play and adventure style riding, the power of a modern NA 850 isn't holding back my riding at all. But maybe there's enough people who just want it because it exists to create a market.....I guess we'll see!

I think in deep snow the turbo sleds are more likened to a 450 with a naturally aspirated 800-850 being comparable to a 350. (Ktm)

Fun factor through the roof.

The attraction of the Doo is warranty. But agree with all that you said. The Axys platform is superior to the Doo
Can't wait to see the posts next year titled: my 850 blew up, doo blamed user error, no warranty

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

Rode my first turbo on Sunday. (Sadly it was 4s Arctic Cat) Wow!!!!!! Stupid fast and acceleration was hilarious! I enjoyed the crap out of it! I'm really having a hard time not wanting to go buy a used Poo turbo just to see what a turbo that doesn't weigh 700 lbs feels like! They must be a hoot!

That said, I need a turbo like I need a hole in my head. My NA 800 with SLP stage two kit and 36" front end will go anywhere I feel confident enough to go and do anything I want to do. But I can certainly understand the allure of a turbo now. Damn, that power is just fun to have! Even if you can really only use it 5% of the time. Nice to know it's there.

Think of it like owning a sports car that'll do 150 miles an hour. You know you're never gonna get to drive it that fast but you know everybody wants one.

Very interested to see what happens Monday.

Premium Features

Back