• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whistler-Pemberton official 09-10 thread

:mad

Went with friends Tuesday, March 8th to snowmobile the Pemberton Ice Cap via the Rutherford Road and was met at the trail head parking lot by a women representing the Pemberton Snowmobile Club demanding $15 per sled to access the logging road. I asked why there is a charge and she said the club looks after trail maintenance. She claimed the trail was a bit rough but okay to ride and is groomed every Tuesday night.

What a scam! Rock riding, with mud and trail washout for the first 5 km's. I am going to need new skags for sure. The next 19 km's were some of the worst rutted trail I have every ridden. The riding at the top made up for it but the ride down pissed me off to no end. The next day when I went back to ride the trail there was no grooming, or trail maintenance, NOTHING!!!!! The women collecting fees was nowhere to be found. The trail was worse then the day before. What crap!

If you go to Rutherford refuse to pay you have no obligation to pay for accessing Crown land on a logging road that existed for a least 15 years (the earliest time I can remember riding it).

I think they are probably collecting beer or crack money. Since the Olympics closed down most other riding areas in and around Whistler, Rutherford may have experienced more riding but wouldn't that have collected more money for more grooming?

I am not a big fan of exclusive snowmobile clubs who are control freaks, claim to be stake holders on our behalf and demand fees so they can impose their ideas of what snowmobiling should be. I get enough rules and ripoffs in the city that's why I ride to get away from organizations and scams like this.

BEWARE OF THIS SCAM!!!

I rode Rutherford on Friday and paid the trail fees for 20 KM of whoops! The other thing that was strange is the guy that collected the cash did not issue BCSF receipts like other parking lots do. Rode the Hurley on Saturday and perfectly groomed with no trail fees. Something is wrong with this picture!!

Lost rider

A fellow rider was lost on Saturday up ruthefurd. Any available riders who could get out and help search would be greatly appreciated. Rcmp and search and rescue have allready been contacted. You can contact Mike at 604-805-0569.

A fellow rider was lost on Saturday up ruthefurd. Any available riders who could get out and help search would be greatly appreciated. Rcmp and search and rescue have allready been contacted. You can contact Mike at 604-805-0569.

So has this rider been found yet?Please keep us all informed,his family and vfriends must be sick with worry.

Last Sunday we clocked 1.6kms of dirt riding from the latest trailhead at the 2km mark to just after the 4km mark turn-off, after paying trail fees. Apparently, the club doesn't have funds this year to plow the stretch of slop that's stopping everyone from driving to the Spring parking lot. Other than that, riding was good and likely even better now after the last two day dump.

We rode last Fri & Sat. Parked at 3.5K mark. Trail was groomed tue & Fri pm. Sat am the trai was like a sheet of glass. Sat. pm it was a whooped up mess.

Great riding up top. Bring your GPS so you can get back once the weather rolls in... Cheers!

Well I'm off work for a couple weeks and looking for people to ride with. Weekdays or weekends, give me a shout if your interested.

You might want to give Mark at Route 99 Motorsports a call. He may have a sense of how far up the road you'll need to park. On the 26th/27th March it was 3.5K then on the 28th it was 2K (snowed hard that Sunday) so it's difficult to say. Can you post what you learn?

Any new news on riding and conditions?? Possibly wanting to ride soon, any information would be great.

Thanks

Hotlips

We want to come up and ride the first weekend that we can get a high pressure, if we can hit either of the first two weekends in May, which way should we go in Brandywine or Rutherford. thanks for the help-----Ken

Rutherford - Yuk.....

Have been riding on the Ice cap via Callahan & Rutherford for ~10 years and have never seen the conditions as poor as last Friday/Saturday. Needed scratchers on the cap itself. Frozen solid.

Unloaded @ 6K. Looks like several weeks left if it stays colder...

Premium Features

Back