• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What's Polaris's big Surpise in the "Meltaway"?

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
You guys are hilarious :p When I first read this title yesterday I thought, "Oh great another D8 fried a motor". Lol
I automatically figured the meltaway was describing Polaris 800 pistons.
I'm kinda bummed they are trying to dazzle us with something new again. Just like the old 900's they are hoping to just move on to the next thing and hopefully people will forget about the last. That kind of distraction may work on infants, but I don't think too many people are going to be distracted by, "look at the fuzzy little bear".
Those who have spent the last 3 years trying in vain to get their sleds running right along with the many inconveniences they have caused won't be led astray so easily. Perhaps they could offer special pricing to those who currently own D8's.
If they are running an 800 I hope they have moved on to a completely new design for everyone's sake. I also hope they move on to a different fueling system as well. I think this CFI 4 is just bleeding potential, but not when you have the EPA involved. Then it just becomes a headache.
I would like to think that whatever it is Polaris has started over and is going to build the best machine out there. However, my gut tells me otherwise. It's probably something getting rushed to production to take our minds off of the current sleds.

My guess is that it is a RMK model. Rush frontend, no widgetry on the back (current Raw tunnel and skid), and a 800 (sticking with the CFI4). Not really anything new. I know there was a little firing going on at Polaris over the current debacle on the 800's, and there is a new manager (and engineering team) built around the sleds. They have burned themselves twice (first with the 900, now with the 800), so they are not rushing any new engines into the mix (at least that is what I was told, third hand).

N
Dec 23, 2009
You guys are hilarious :p When I first read this title yesterday I thought, "Oh great another D8 fried a motor". Lol
I automatically figured the meltaway was describing Polaris 800 pistons.
I'm kinda bummed they are trying to dazzle us with something new again. Just like the old 900's they are hoping to just move on to the next thing and hopefully people will forget about the last. That kind of distraction may work on infants, but I don't think too many people are going to be distracted by, "look at the fuzzy little bear".
Those who have spent the last 3 years trying in vain to get their sleds running right along with the many inconveniences they have caused won't be led astray so easily. Perhaps they could offer special pricing to those who currently own D8's.
If they are running an 800 I hope they have moved on to a completely new design for everyone's sake. I also hope they move on to a different fueling system as well. I think this CFI 4 is just bleeding potential, but not when you have the EPA involved. Then it just becomes a headache.
I would like to think that whatever it is Polaris has started over and is going to build the best machine out there. However, my gut tells me otherwise. It's probably something getting rushed to production to take our minds off of the current sleds.

X2. My '09 800 will be etched in my mind forever and certainly not in a positive light, no way I'm forgetting this one. I've consumed my last cup of the Polaris Kool-Aid. They're gonna have to come up with overwhelming proof for consecutive years to convince me they're back in the game.

Last edited:
T

TGitt

Feb 16, 2009
Logan, Utah
With the shape of the ice, it looks like its just going to be an 800 Rush. :( Why would polaris build an 800 when they know they don't have it right? Oh wait they already did, 00'-05 800s.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I think the website is screwed up and just showing the Rush 600 from last year all over again.

Whatever it is, it doesn't look like a long track.

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
It has the rush front bumper, so its for sure the rush front end, rear bumper is to low for it to be a regular tunnel, but it's a lot farther back from the seat than the original rush, making me think it a 136 with the rush rear suspension. :peep:Just 136. Probably the 800 in it. :face-icon-small-dis I do like the bunny though. :hug:

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
136" 800 or 600 Rush.

And than on Feb 12th another "new" sled will be reveled and that will be the new RMK with the Rush Front and Raw tunnel in which you will get a 146 Assault.

But you did not here that from me..........:face-icon-small-coo

hudini

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston area
I know there have been a lot of issues with the D8's out there...but my dealer works closely with Polaris and aftermarket companies and the D8's out of this shop are ripping...stock, ported, 860 on and on are all running really strong. I wonder why other shops are having so many issues, is it becasue they don't have the same connections????

Anyway, the sled is the 800 Rush Switchback or whatever they are calling it now. That's what I think it is anyway

Premium Features