• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WHAT OIL ARE YOU USING IN YOUR PRO

L
Dec 1, 2007
So is everyone sticking to the recomended oil for the pro, VES GOLD I think or would using some other quality not be recomended. I've always used Redline in my Cat's or Amsoil. I would like to keep using my old reliable instead of getting bent over by Polaris on the Gold. What do you think!!

Thanks, Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
i use redline or the cheapest non-synthetic i can find. haven't used polaris oil in a number of years. the original ves was complete garbage, not sure how much better the gold is.

pv

C

Clumax

Oct 10, 2011
Manitoba, Canada
One advantage to using factory oils would be warranty issues. Your dealer can't use oil quality as an excuse to wiggle out of a warranty repair

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
Amsoil here. Cheaper. At least as good. Had it in the last Five sleds, Yammi, Doo, Poo, Poo, Poo.
Do a little research, your stealer can't dictate what oil you use, he can only use that if he can PROVE the oil caused the failure. Wish him good luck with that.

Bag

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I've heard good things about redline oil. But, if your motor goes down and Polaris finds out that you weren't using Polaris oil will that void your warranty?

rp2000r

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2011
Bothell, WA
Redline sythetic runs clean I heard..
Coming from a guy who has torn down lots of motors

Most shops I spoke with said Redline great, but too much $$ so stick with VES Gold...
:face-icon-small-con

D
Oct 13, 2008
I can get amsoil interceptor for $27 a gallon vers the VES Gold at $40+ per gallon. Been using the amsoil for 4 years with zero problems and it burns very clean. May not be everyones choice but it is mine.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I use Klotz, it is warranty certified for Polaris.

X2

No warranty issues, cleaner exhaust valves, and as it burns it gives off a cool scent similar to race gas. So it's a bonus for your buddies on the cats in back!!!

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Most shops I spoke with said Redline great, but too much $$ so stick with VES Gold...

Redline snowmobile oil is cheaper than ves gold. I myself use redline and have had zero issues. Carls cycle and slp both recommend redline, I will continue to use it until I find a good reason not to.:face-icon-small-win

Pol600

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Amsoil Dominator

My service manager told me he would be okay with Amsoil Dominator. In terms of valve cleanliness, it has worked the best for us on the Edge-era sleds.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Redline is what I have run for years. Zero problems and you can get it via the web for $35 a gallon or so with shipping if you buy the 4 gallon case. My dealer uses it and recommends it for his mod sleds. That is good enough for me.

M

MNSLEDNECK56308

Nov 21, 2007
Alex MN
Redline is what I have run for years. Zero problems and you can get it via the web for $35 a gallon or so with shipping if you buy the 4 gallon case. My dealer uses it and recommends it for his mod sleds. That is good enough for me.

Can you hook us up with a link to the $35 redline?

M
Nov 28, 2007
or
i've run everything from klotz to yamalube and never had a failure, as long as its got the little certification emblem don't think you can go wrong. me and several in my area have been running mystik since we found it last year. i can pick it up at my discount for about $25 a gallon and is full synthetic...

Premium Features