• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WHAT OIL ARE YOU USING IN YOUR PRO

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
LEGEND oil for me. Used it last year in my turbo D8 and D7. Good smell, Clean exhaust valves, pistons and cylinder walls looked like new.

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
Polaris 2-Stroke Racing Synthetic. Ran it in a couple of the Pros last season. Pulled the exhaust valves on both sleds( one at 700 miles, the other at 1000 miles) and just wiped them off. No crud. We just ordered 13 cases from our dealer for 7 sleds. Got a break on the price. Retail is at $50/gal. Gold is $45/gal. At least around these parts.

Might want to give it a try. Surprising that some Poo dealers don't even know about their own oil.

132-3223_IMG.jpg

O

Outlaw525s

Nov 19, 2010
Polaris 2-Stroke Racing Synthetic. Ran it in a couple of the Pros last season. Pulled the exhaust valves on both sleds( one at 700 miles, the other at 1000 miles) and just wiped them off. No crud. We just ordered 13 cases from our dealer for 7 sleds. Got a break on the price. Retail is at $50/gal. Gold is $45/gal. At least around these parts.

Might want to give it a try. Surprising that some Poo dealers don't even know about their own oil.

We run this in our Turbos!!!!

T

tbeaton

May 28, 2008
MA
this may sound wierd but can i use doo's full syn? i have it for my etec and was thinkign it would be easier to just have one oil for 2 sleds.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
Price of oil in this sled isn't huge. I logged 500 miles and used one gallon of oil so if it is $27 or $43, not much difference for a year of riding. I use VES gold,

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
this may sound wierd but can i use doo's full syn? i have it for my etec and was thinkign it would be easier to just have one oil for 2 sleds.

Yes.

Be a good idea to burn/clean out as much of the origonal oil first so you have less of a mix. It's rare, but sometimes two oils will string or cloud.

Bag

P

polaris6

Jan 4, 2004
Blue Marble mineral oil. Clean burning, and actually creates a molecular bond that reduces the friction coefficient of the metal it contacts. Never burned up a motor last 8 yrs

L
Jan 29, 2010
I have some left over Cat Syn Oil. and my new assault is sitting unused so we know what thats filled with.
the cat crap smells allright, but im interesting in going non synthetic, or redline, poo race

B
Oct 21, 2011
One advantage to using factory oils would be warranty issues. Your dealer can't use oil quality as an excuse to wiggle out of a warranty repair

This doesn't matter. The dealer is not allowed, legally, to specify an oil or an OEM part that is required to keep warranty. You do have to match the specification and rating of whatever they recommend though so look at the stickers on the side. If it was any other way, Mobil, Pennzoil, Quaker, blah, blah, blah would either be out of business or be making their own vehicles.

Premium Features