• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WHAT OIL ARE YOU USING IN YOUR PRO

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
SAME 'OL STUFF

I have some left over Cat Syn Oil. and my new assault is sitting unused so we know what thats filled with.
the cat crap smells allright, but im interesting in going non synthetic, or redline, poo race

Fact: POLARIS oil & ARCTIC CAT oil are manufactured by the same company

Johnny T.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2007
Arlington MN
What brand of oil are you using?

Just curious as to opinions on what kind of oil everyone runs in their Pro's. Let's hear the pro's and cons, and prices of different oils. The '12pro I bought has Torco in it, but I'm having a hard time finding a dealer so I may switch it.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Legend zx2 in an 11 with the RKT dropin. VES gold plus in stock 13 600 and 14 800, both under warranty, for now. Both aren't cheap. Legend is non-syn with a very low pour point. I do like it. Oiler settings turned up. An ounce of mineral per gal in the tank. Cost is irrelevant to me. Good luck, just sharing.

Last edited:
N

Newby2sleds

Dec 15, 2011
Vancouver BC
I just switched over to the Legend ZX-2SR this year. Really liking it. I have a '12 Pro with RKT Dropin kit. My oiler is turned up and I add oil to my gas. I did a lot of reading about oils in the last few months. I used to use Redline (also a really good oil) Do some research, lots of good info on here. Once warm my sled doesn't smoke at all. And I have never heard anything bad about Legend. It's $40 - $50/Jug. I don't mind spending $$$ on a really high quality product.

MTNMAN800

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Denver Colorado
Phillips 66 Synjex in my 2014 Pro. I've run Injex / Injex pro/ Synjex (all Philips 66 products) in all makes and models with no engine problems. Price varies depending on where you can find it. Right now I'm paying just under $30 / gallon in the Denver area.

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
Mystic JT4, 19.99/gallon Supposedly it is used by many racers in the Iron Dog Race. I also add 1 oz/gallon as premix but use something else. Oil pump turned up and looks like I'm running 38:1

I put the gallon of VES that came with sled into my wife's 16 year old sled. Her sled doesn't stink as much anymore. Once that gallon is gone, I'll go back to using cheapo Supertech oil which has served it well for many years ;-)

I can't justify spending 46/gallon for VES at my local Poo dealership. That is just crazy.

Last edited:
O
Dec 6, 2007
Still on VES Gold. Oiler up three turns ~27:1 on two rides, 11 gallons total gas. I broke it in with the stock oiler setting, which in my case probably wasn't too bad, and Polaris blue pre-mixed. With the oiler up I have stopped pre-mixing.

I will probably adjust it back after todays ride. Shooting for 32:1 on the injection. I will then run 1 oz/gal of Blue pre-mixed. I have a bunch sitting around.

I think dino mixes better with the gas but you need some syn to mix better with the ethanol most of us are forced to run. I like having both, and lots of it. My sled, at 27:1 runs great. It loads up just a little on re-starts. Idles at 1500-1600 until you burp it a couple times.

I realize VES is hated by some but at $40/gal, and used liberally, I suspect it will be just fine. I will fog the engine after the season to prevent rust.

Then hopefully I bought a good one and the extra maint will be worth it. $ucks to be the guy who does it all right and still loses a motor.

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Ran VES Gold since new but with the rebuild, IQRIDR sold me on switching to Mystic.

High quality oil at 1/2 the price? No brainer.

08F6SP

May 27, 2011
Ipone, I would switch to legend but cannot get it locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Royal Distributing sells it. I just ordered a case from them and had my first ride with it in my sled today. Smells like soap in liquid form and smells like fabric softener coming out of the pipe.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I can get legend out of Edmonton (parkland motorsports) but I can buy ipone here in town and I find it is pretty good. Next time I am in etown I will pick some up though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features