• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is the best performance mod to be done on the Pro-RMK's

not saying anyone is wrong or right, but…

So what are you saying then?

Other folks on the site that promote their own product everyday are fine, but as soon as someone else tries the same move its biased and a shady move???

It is blatantly a biased review.

If you made a product wouldnt you want to promote it?

Are you wanting to discuss promotion technique? That would surely contradict your last remark of "back on topic".

You may not say its the best or whatever but come on man....

That's correct.

Back on topic….

We never were off topic.

Well until you decided to discuss promotion techniques.

:):)

Last edited:
DMAX Nope I simply can't reassure you.

I will race you for some money so that once you've experienced the pain of defeat, as well as the expense, you'll feel so much better about what you're are getting ready to do! Hey that sounds like a great deal and I can finally start making some coin from this game! :becky:

Dmax, i think you can be assured that as long as you don't point it to steep and deep and the snows not too deep, sorta flatter areas, that you'll go faster with a trimmed track, in fact if you cut off a full inch you'll go even faster, but if you spend most of your time in deeper sow or steeper slopes, you may not benefit as much with the lesser height lug. My take.

Dmax, i think you can be assured that as long as you don't point it to steep and deep and the snows not too deep, sorta flatter areas, that you'll go faster with a trimmed track, in fact if you cut off a full inch you'll go even faster, but if you spend most of your time in deeper sow or steeper slopes, you may not benefit as much with the lesser height lug. My take.

The longer lugs fold over a little too easy and, in the steep and deep, create some harrowing moments on descents. IMHO you don't cut off much - just the tips to get the track down to 2.25" and the track will be better in ALL conditions including steep and deep! The increase in track speed helps to overcome the slightly lower lug height for climbing too IMHO. For every 0.25" decrease you'll gain 4 mph top end according to DJ (Doo clutch expert has more tuning time than most here combined). I don't think it's an accident that Rob's sled is faster than most normally aspirated Pros. Save the long stiff lug tracks like the C Extreme for the turbos!

Have FUN!

G MAN

Last edited:
Oh NOooooOOOOoooo Slick has exposed me as an advocate of flat land hard pan snow performance at the expense of EXTREME BACK COUNTRY HARD CORE SLEDDING! (WOOOoooooooooOOOOOOO) Every time I hear some internet expert quote the "steep and deep" I get flash backs of being schooled :face-icon-small-win by Teton Ice in the "steep and deep" of Wyoming back in the good old days. How we ever made it out of that one is a mystery to this day! To first ascent the un-climbable hill right in the back yard of some of the world's most renowned "steep and deep" players was really one of my PROFESSIONAL SNOWMOBILE career highlights. I hope it was for the other eleven people that popped right up it as well! he he he oh dear... tears of comedy

Premium Features

Back