• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is the best performance mod to be done on the Pro-RMK's

The head is a good way to go for more perfomace at a lower cost. There are several brands you can go with, SLP is my choice. F-Bomb has a head on his Pro and I must say it works well and it seams that is was a better price than alot of others. Hope he will chim in here and help you out on the brand name, He is at the snow show this wk end, come on Rob put the cup down and help me out, LOL. I know alot of us are looking for a little more out of our sleds, and his was alot of fun to ride, and it did not hurt your pocket near as bad.

Power Addiction head and the track mod is taking it down to 2 1/4"(just under the teeth). Lots of posts on this.

Carls mod

So clutch temps seems to drop with this sheave mod. Anything else? Can you prove a performance gain?

How does the belt like this "new squeeze"?

RS

Power Addiction head and the track mod is taking it down to 2 1/4"(just under the teeth). Lots of posts on this.

This.

So many track experts with zero time on a Pro... Carl's told me the 5.1 was stiffened slightly from the Dragon 5.1 - whether that's true or not I can't say. I CAN say that it works very well on the Pro, part of which may be due to the excellent track attack angle and the 50+ lb weight loss of the Pro over the Dragon which wouldn't fold the paddles as much. Combine that with cutting just the tips of the paddles off and you get the proper stiffness, save even more rotating mass, and have a helluva lot more track speed than going to a C-Xtreme (weighs a good 10 lbs more) that will need a D&R chaincase mod, new drivers and overall cost a helluva lot for questionable performance gains. RIDE THE SLED FIRST is my advice!

Have FUN!

G MAN

PS - For a turbo, hey, knock yourself out with a C-Xtreme!

Last edited:
This.

So many track experts with zero time on a Pro... Carl's told me the 5.1 was stiffened slightly from the Dragon 5.1 - whether that's true or not I can't say. I CAN say that it works very well on the Pro part of which may be due to the excellent track attack angle and the 50+ lb weight loss of the Pro over the Dragon which wouldn't fold the paddles as much. Combine that with cutting just the tips of the paddles off and you get the proper stiffness, save even more rotating mass, and have a helluva lot more track speed than going to a C-Xtreme (weighs a good 10 lbs more) that will need a D&R chaincase mod, new drivers and overall cost a helluva lot for questionable performance gains. RIDE THE SLED FIRST is my advice!

Have FUN!

G MAN

Not following how your post relates to my quote. Care to explain?

This.

So many track experts with zero time on a Pro... Carl's told me the 5.1 was stiffened slightly from the Dragon 5.1 - whether that's true or not I can't say. I CAN say that it works very well on the Pro part of which may be due to the excellent track attack angle and the 50+ lb weight loss of the Pro over the Dragon which wouldn't fold the paddles as much. Combine that with cutting just the tips of the paddles off and you get the proper stiffness, save even more rotating mass, and have a helluva lot more track speed than going to a C-Xtreme (weighs a good 10 lbs more) that will need a D&R chaincase mod, new drivers and overall cost a helluva lot for questionable performance gains. RIDE THE SLED FIRST is my advice!

Have FUN!

G MAN

What do you call excellent track attack angle, the pro has the steepest approach angle out of any from what I have seen. The reason it works is mainly 1, its light, 2, the geometry and suspension makes it work. The way polaris designed the skid is very interesting because of the this, even though the approach angle is very steep what they accomplished by doing it is more track on the ground. The Pro 155" puts nearly as much track on the ground as a cat 162". So you can imagine why it get on the snow, also by doing it they put the track on the ground farther forward which helps in rider input, look at any of them and you will see the track hit the ground under your feet on the pro but not on the others.

I know of a guy that ran the 5.1 vs the PC on a pro, said the 5.1 seemed better at low speed boonedocking and the PC better if you had a little momentum.

Not following how your post relates to my quote. Care to explain?

First sentence MEANING exactly what you said (THIS). You must be older?

The rest relates to previous posts, for those that have never ridden it, and had nothing to do with your post other than explaining the track mod!

Cheers,

G

Last edited:
What do you call excellent track attack angle, the pro has the steepest approach angle out of any from what I have seen. The reason it works is mainly 1, its light, 2, the geometry and suspension makes it work. The way polaris designed the skid is very interesting because of the this, even though the approach angle is very steep what they accomplished by doing it is more track on the ground. The Pro 155" puts nearly as much track on the ground as a cat 162". So you can imagine why it get on the snow, also by doing it they put the track on the ground farther forward which helps in rider input, look at any of them and you will see the track hit the ground under your feet on the pro but not on the others.

I know of a guy that ran the 5.1 vs the PC on a pro, said the 5.1 seemed better at low speed boonedocking and the PC better if you had a little momentum.

The Assault has a "normal" attack angle. The Pro purposely has rails barely turned up and has the shallowest approach angle I've seen (to what I'm used to on a Summit). Are you looking at the Assault or maybe I'm the ignoramus here??? :face-icon-small-con :face-icon-small-win

Have FUN!

G MAN

Last edited:
The Assault has a "normal" attack angle. The Pro purposely has rails barely turned up and has the shallowest approach angle I've seen (to what I'm used to on a Summit). Are you looking at the Assault or maybe I'm the ignoramus here??? :face-icon-small-con :face-icon-small-win

Have FUN!

G MAN

I am comparing the PRO to a 2011 xp and 2011 m8, and the Pro has the steepest

First sentence MEANING exactly what you said (THIS). You must be older?

The rest relates to previous posts, for those that have never ridden it, and had nothing to do with your post other than explaining the track mod!

Cheers,

G

Oh, you said "this". I didn't realize you said "this". I also didn't realize when you stick the word "this" somewhere, that it is actually constitutes a sentence meaning to agree in some form. I guess I am old.

Just to clarify, you are the manufacturer and your endorsing YOUR own product as the "best head design"? Some may be unaware that you are vouching for your own product, not an unbiased customer review.

If thats true, that shop should be embarrassed. Low class move. Deception, great first impression to the consumer who was unaware

Just to clarify, you are the manufacturer and your endorsing YOUR own product as the "best head design"? Some may be unaware that you are vouching for your own product, not an unbiased customer review.

Well, why would they try to deceive you ? He said it's the best, so it must be. Glad I found out before I wasted my money on the P.A. Head. LMAO!!!!

not saying anyone is wrong or right, but...

Other folks on the site that promote their own product everyday are fine, but as soon as someone else tries the same move its biased and a shady move???

If you made a product wouldnt you want to promote it?

You may not say its the best or whatever but come on man....

Back on topic....

Thanks Ski....the train was derailing fast. F-Bomb are you SURE trimming the track is the ticket? I have my electric knife in hand ready to make the first cut but I just can't bring myself to do it yet. I need a little reassurance, can you help?

Premium Features

Back