• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is the best performance mod to be done on the Pro-RMK's

what type of gain hp will i get with the can and the 12.5 head ?? can i ride it from 1800' to 10000' with no changes?

Yeah i think you can ride at 10,000 feet with it, i dont see why not, as long as you dont go lower than the reccomended elevation for the head, but ask brad anyway cause i could be wrong

dont matter how much hp you have if you cant get it down to the ground and no a clutch kit wont get you there neither will the stock track.

1- put on a camo extreme instead of the pos stocker
2-clutching clutching clutching people dont relize how much is left on the table
3-nitrous,turbo,twin pipes

dont matter how much hp you have if you cant get it down to the ground and no a clutch kit wont get you there neither will the stock track.

1- put on a camo extreme instead of the pos stocker
2-clutching clutching clutching people dont relize how much is left on the table
3-nitrous,turbo,twin pipes

The only ones saying that about the stock track have never ridden a Pro and are basing their opinions on how it worked on the Dragon. Waste of money if you ask me - stock works great and even better after F-bomb's mod. Carl's clutch sheave facing is a must do tho and their kit or a Tied setup certainly helps.

Have FUN!

G MAN

The only ones saying that about the stock track have never ridden a Pro and are basing their opinions on how it worked on the Dragon. Waste of money if you ask me - stock works great and even better after F-bomb's mod. Carl's clutch sheave facing is a must do tho and their kit or a Tied setup certainly helps.

Have FUN!

G MAN

X2...completely agree. the 5.1 works awesome on the Pro in comparison to how it worked on the Dragon. Does a Powerclaw work better? Yes but it isn't the must have that it is on the Dragon.

$500....Carls Cycle clutching and sheave cut, some better boards and ride it.

X2...completely agree. the 5.1 works awesome on the Pro in comparison to how it worked on the Dragon. Does a Powerclaw work better? Yes but it isn't the must have that it is on the Dragon.

What can a guy see from the primary clutch mod? reduced clutch temp?

After following a pro around all last year I felt the track was one of its strengths. That thing hooks up and gets on top of the snow out of any hole. For me some clutching, airframes and venting is a good place to start. Once you start getting into stage II stage III kits the cost is high enough a turbo with way more power at altitude makes more sense to me.

The clutch does run cooler but, the biggest thing that I noticed was the clutch engagement out of the hole and up to about 15 mph. It works well. I had my '11 Pro machined and I just got my '12 Pro machined. Highly recommended.

Have you looked into MDS clutch weights, I talked to them and they saw real gains of delivering more hp to the ground, I think something like a 10% hp increase to the track on a track dyno. On the cats we where seeing some pretty good gains on track speed, better backshift, cooler clutch and belt temps, well worth it in my opinion. They also give a money back guaranty which is un heard of in the sled market, so you can't loose.

The hidden costs of a turbo though seem to be overlooked. My ex-brother-in-law used to build a lot turbo'd M8's at the dealership he worked and during an indepth discussion he pretty much awknowledged that you have to rebuild the motor atleast once every season. That adds up if you aren't able to do most of the work yourself. Also, I would believe a stage III kit would run for a couple of season if not more. I will be running the SLP stage III this season so I guess we'll see.

Yes. For some dumb reason the clutch sheaves are offset at different angles stock. Carl's machines the one that is the "odd" angle to the same as the other (which, BTW, is the same as the belt angle). My clutches were cool to touch all last winter and I didn't even install my Holz vent kit!

Have FUN!

G MAN

The hidden costs of a turbo though seem to be overlooked. My ex-brother-in-law used to build a lot turbo'd M8's at the dealership he worked and during an indepth discussion he pretty much awknowledged that you have to rebuild the motor atleast once every season. That adds up if you aren't able to do most of the work yourself. Also, I would believe a stage III kit would run for a couple of season if not more. I will be running the SLP stage III this season so I guess we'll see.

I know of several m8's that hit 3000miles on boost and still looked good when rebuilt, and one I know of is over 4000 and the guy is trying to end it but it keeps going. I don't know on polaris's how long they last but on the m8 its been the most reliable sled I have ever had. I would think if you checked out the motor and did it right you could go a long time.

The clutch does run cooler but, the biggest thing that I noticed was the clutch engagement out of the hole and up to about 15 mph. It works well. I had my '11 Pro machined and I just got my '12 Pro machined. Highly recommended.

So I was browsing through some of the old P85 clutching threads and I came up to some good posts by RON and INDYDAN I think... they were talking about balancing clutches and stuff then it came to cranks being out of true. I think it was IndyDan that said the crank can get sent out of true by something as small as a "jerk" in the drive system. So that got me thinking about why there are two different angles on the primary, do you guys think it has something to do with ease of engagement to reduce the stresses introduced into the system when you really hammer on the throttle? If you think about it, it makes sense, sure it pulls harder because it engages harder but it also introduces more stress into the system... Or is it really something to blend the clutch engagement for the masses? just wondering what you guys think...

Also I agree clutching is one of the best bang for your buck mods you can do to a sled. I have some cash to play with and I'm thinkin about sending my primary out to get balanced and buying Carl's helix... Then spending the rest on gas for a few extra rides :face-icon-small-coo

Z poo twin cannot last as long as the cat/suzuki motor on boost....

I don't think its very likely a crank will go out of true on engagement, blowing a belt I could see it though.

Have FUN!

G MAN

so what would make it so much better on a pro its doing the exact same thing it was doing on a dragon if it sucked horribly on a dragon its going to suck horribly on a pro just the pro works so much better then the dragon stock, but my sled will be getting a exteme before it even see's snow ive been there rode that track its not for me or my snow conditions.

Sorry, put me on the disagree side. The track sucked on the dragon and works better on the Pro because the Pro just flat out works better, which masks the shortcomings. Maybe in really fluffy stuff its a bit better, but all around, CE way better performance. I Like the PC but sort of a quirky kinda track, does weird things like most finger type tracks seem to.

Reactions: 4Z
Does anyne know hwat the best Preformance mod is? heard good thgings about getting a head but anyone know anything that might be better?

The head is a good way to go for more perfomace at a lower cost. There are several brands you can go with, SLP is my choice. F-Bomb has a head on his Pro and I must say it works well and it seams that is was a better price than alot of others. Hope he will chim in here and help you out on the brand name, He is at the snow show this wk end, come on Rob put the cup down and help me out, LOL. I know alot of us are looking for a little more out of our sleds, and his was alot of fun to ride, and it did not hurt your pocket near as bad.

Last edited:

Have FUN!

G MAN

What is F-Bomb's mod?

Premium Features

Back