• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What’s Next?

with lynx in North America Polaris is better get his head out of his ass there goes another slice of the market. although small but we'll see in the future.

following skidoo 2 years back is getting old poo, the 840 is not as good as doo's 850 so better not half ass a turbo to chase skidoo on his own turf another time. it's too late we just need to know

if youre only bringijg a new chassis on the 840 it better be better than the axys by a mile AND lighter. not sure it's possible
Ive ridden skidoo expert turbos, and owned a cat last year. Polaris still has the best chassis IMO. Although it seems they failed this year with the new track

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Ive ridden skidoo expert turbos, and owned a cat last year. Polaris still has the best chassis IMO. Although it seems they failed this year with the new track

that chassis is why I have an axys man it feels nice I rode it 15 secs and my pro ride felt like dog, I never tried the new cats but the doo feels so weird..

Those big paddles light tracks are never going to last unless they find another way to manufacture them or another material completely

Terry my point was if you copy skidoo 2 years after it better be better not lamer. can't wait to see in march

Last edited:
I know what your saying. I'd take the doo motor over the poo but i think the 840 runs as good but is mid to top. The doo is just waay better down low where i like it. People buy the doo for the way it handles and people do the same for poo. Yes they probably lost a few for the turbo but i sold mine. Motors awesome but handling sucks. Power is easy to remedy but handling is not. I don't think it has to be better. On par or in the mix. I don't think you can call one or the other better. Just 2 different ways to skin a cat. Speaking of cat, I'm the one that should be mad. I love my alpha but cat is more than following 2 years behind.
On another note, my wife's 165 2.75 is awesome i thought. No problems and i haven't tightened the track.

I know what your saying. I'd take the doo motor over the poo but i think the 840 runs as good but is mid to top. The doo is just waay better down low where i like it. People buy the doo for the way it handles and people do the same for poo. Yes they probably lost a few for the turbo but i sold mine. Motors awesome but handling sucks. Power is easy to remedy but handling is not. I don't think it has to be better. On par or in the mix. I don't think you can call one or the other better. Just 2 different ways to skin a cat. Speaking of cat, I'm the one that should be mad. I love my alpha but cat is more than following 2 years behind.
On another note, my wife's 165 2.75 is awesome i thought. No problems and i haven't tightened the track.
Its sad the cat has fallen so far behind. The alpha is fun but could be so much better, and the fit and finish compared to the polaris really lacks

Textron cut the bulk of and many of the best R&D staff - not easy to recover from that, even if the market is fat with demand. What Dave M really thinks is going to happen would be interesting.

My understanding is there is an issue of how drivers were pressed on with at least the Khaos sleds.. center anti ratchet driver is not centered.. some worse than others. It sounds like Polaris wants to warranty all drive shafts but the problem right now is shortages of parts. Mine is off center but have been impressed with what the track does and love the sled.. they will get it worked out. Love my new Khaos.. You do need to pay attention to track tension for the first while..

I know everyone here is interested mainly in the big sleds but I am hoping they come out with some good sleds for wifes, daugters, and kids. Hopefully with Arctic Cat releasing the Blast Polaris releases a couple of sleds to compete with them. Polaris already has all the parts and pieces they just need to configure them correctly into a couple killer sleds. Why not make a Burandt version of the RMK EVO like was posted in the Snow West magazine two years ago? Why does the RMK 600 144 weigh 60+lbs more than the RMK 600 155. Why because it is really an SKS with a wider and heavier front end. Come on Polaris offer your current 600 155 with a 144, that would absolutely kill the Blast. I am guessing you would lose five pounds or so with the shorter track which would make it around 410lbs dry. That is about the same dry weight as a Blast but with a lot more power.

I know the 850 engine is about 5-7lbs heavier than the 800. I am guessing the 650 is also heavier than the 600 but don't now for sure. So for that reason match up the 600 with a 144 track keep it light weight for smaller riders that aren't as strong. Use the 650 with the bigger 155 track.

Last edited:
I know everyone here is interested mainly in the big sleds but I am hoping they come out with some good sleds for wifes, daugters, and kids. Hopefully with Arctic Cat releasing the Blast Polaris releases a couple of sleds to compete with them. Polaris already has all the parts and pieces they just need to configure them correctly into a couple killer sleds. Why not make a Burandt version of the RMK EVO like was posted in the Snow West magazine two years ago? Why does the RMK 600 144 weigh 60+lbs more than the RMK 600 155. Why because it is really an SKS with a wider and heavier front end. Come on Polaris offer your current 600 155 with a 144, that would absolutely kill the Blast. I am guessing you would lose five pounds or so with the shorter track which would make it around 410lbs dry. That is about the same dry weight as a Blast but with a lot more power.

I know the 850 engine is about 5-7lbs heavier than the 800. I am guessing the 650 is also heavier than the 600 but don't now for sure. So for that reason match up the 600 with a 144 track keep it light weight for smaller riders that aren't as strong. Use the 650 with the bigger 155 track.
Only problem with what you are saying is you would still be looking at a 12-14k kids sled, and not alot of people want to spend that much on something like that

Premium Features

Back