• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vi-pec Standalone/PC/Boost It?

hey all,

have a 09 m8 running at 91 octane @2000ft

- twisted race gas kit @ 6psi
- ovs -3 timing key
- ovs reed stops with m 1000 single reeds
- cold air intake

the attitude box was giving me trouble at the end of last season,it would reset during climbs and i would bog out...

am really wanting a new fuel controller as i had to adjust my attitude alot to keep it running crisp

whats the best option?

- Vi-pec standalone (avaliable at dakota performance)
- pc5
- boost it

would really love a trailable sled that i wouldnt have to tune...would be simply amazing! and dakota performance was telling me that the timing can be retarded up to 12 degrees so i can run 8 psi on pump at my elevation!

sounds like a win win to me! becides the $2100 ecu lol

thanks alot guys!
Prey for Pow!

You can't go wrong with boost it, but I seen the Vipec in action and its breath taking on what it can do. I would go that way.

If I was doing a 2 stroke this year it would be boost-it. Next years might be a stand alone, need to see it on the snow some more. My $.02

I like the fact of the Vipec is a pull chord and go setup...and can retard the timing up to 8 degrees so I can run 8psi on pump at my elevation...and had a boost launch control!
But it's 2100

Boost it is better then the dobeck boxes, and easy to tune...but no timing control...But only $800

Any opinions?

I agree if money wasn't a factor vipec ecu all the way

but best bang for your buck probably boost it, I'm currently running an attitude box, no issues, maybe you should send in your box and have it checked out

hey all,

would really love a trailable sled that i wouldnt have to tune...would be simply amazing! and dakota performance was telling me that the timing can be retarded up to 12 degrees so i can run 8 psi on pump at my elevation!

sounds like a win win to me! becides the $2100 ecu lol

thanks alot guys!
Prey for Pow!

Take this into consideration.. at a stock figure of 13-15 degrees of lead for an example.. we take that back to just 8 degrees of lead and now we have ANTI LAG launch spooling the turbo to ( in my sleds 24psi in 4 seconds if not limited by the bov).

Thats allot of flame in the pipe at 8 degrees advance NOT zero degrees.
Now add to that in just 6 seconds you go into det.. Where you gonna go with your timing to stop the det you instigated by retarding the timing while being under power ?..

I know, magicallly the vipec will cut fuel, add timing ,retard timing ,add fuel..

Your rings will pay the price and so will you. Timing retard for deto on a 2 stroke is NOT the same tool it is on a 4 stroke. Remember you have a tuned wave in that pipe along with that slowly expanding flame.. ( thermodynamics ) .

You can retard some timing while under power but power drops like a rock and rings cook like hot dogs.

It makes no sense to try to get around fuel quality in a 2 stroke turbo. every single shortcut has a price. every single ONE of them.

Gus

I dont always set records or win races, But when I do I prefer Garrett turbochargers !!!!!!! stay boosted my friends:usa2::usa2:

So maybe it's best to get a boost it kit and mix some avgas and be done with it!

I would love it for the Vipec to be the answer to all our problems...guess we will just have to wait and see...am leaning towards boost it kit and running pump gas/av fuel mix of 75/25...

Can get the boost it,camo x track and clutching for the same price as just the Vipec ecu...

Go boost it!!! You wont be dissapointed period.. And to boot Neil is one of the best guys to deal with who knows his stuff.. Once dialed I Rode for 2 seasons without opening the cover......

boost it fueler

just got my boost it box, it is going on my m1000, it will be replacing the dobeck box, looking forward to riding more and less tuning.
what sled do you have it on polaris rocks.

av gas is really not that much more expensive than good non eth premium. One of the great things is that av gas is really consistent across regions and countries. Planes have such great range the fuel they get in Minnesota needs to be the same as Washington or BC. Made the decision to go straight av gas for 2012-13 season on my 4 stroke turbo. I have an on board fuel system in my trailer than I only run non eth pump premium in so av gas will be much more of a hassle for me to run in just one out of 4 sleds but I think it's well worth it.

So does the boost it work with just 2 injectors on the m1000t or?

It is easiest to run the 4 injector system with the Boost-it. In order to use it on a 2 injector system you would have to add 2 more injectors. Boost-it run the aux injectors, dictated by boost.

So.........no.

Thanks for the feedback guys!
I wish I could get some more reviews on the vipec but where it's brand new we will have to be the r&d...so for this year I am thinking boost it! I have the 4 injector race gas kit so it should be easy!

Am gonna put the air filter through the hood for a cheap cold air intake, he some new clutching from Dakota performance...and install a new 2.5 camo extreme!

Am so stoked for this season!

So what mods are you guys doing Before the snow flys?

going on a diet lose 20 lbs, get back in the gym put on some muscle

mod800r, I want a Kmod and a 2.5" track but pocket book says no, I would like some sort of 6- pack handlebar mount, but haven't seen one yet, so probably nothing just ride the Twisted, investing in Avgas and Beer. and hoping for lots of Snow- the White God

Last edited:
If I were you I would figure out your current issue before you just change your fuel controller. If your box is resetting during climbing ect... it is losing power. So somewhere along the line you have a rubbed through wire. loose connection. loose injector plug. or something on the sleds stock wire system that is wrong.... Im not against you trying something new I would just hate to see you spend a bunch of money on a new controller and still have the same electrical issue.... good luck...

If I were you I would figure out your current issue before you just change your fuel controller. If your box is resetting during climbing ect... it is losing power. So somewhere along the line you have a rubbed through wire. loose connection. loose injector plug. or something on the sleds stock wire system that is wrong.... Im not against you trying something new I would just hate to see you spend a bunch of money on a new controller and still have the same electrical issue.... good luck...
amen to that... throwing $1k at a fuel controller solution that could be fixed by something like a possible loose ground... i guess i could think of where you could spend the money more wisely for performance.

thanks guys!

but i have checked all connections and it is indeed a problem with the box. it must have gotten wet from a overnight outdoors...or who knows...

am going to send the box to attitude and have them try and repair it

fyi, talk to dobeck directly, they do the warranties for all there private labels(attitude, etc) so call em up and get it sent in. they have all the stuff to test it and see whats going on with it.

fix your current wiring issue, buy some avgas, turn up the boost,,,, avgas may be a little more than 91 and you may have to drive a little to get it, but you have a turbo sled, i ran mine at 6lbs when i first intstalled turbo, then up the boost went, after that i cant imagine running only 6lbs, unless to put it on the trailer....
if i were to get a control box i would for sure go with boost it... its proven....

Reactions: NM
Premium Features

Back